IGNORED

Adams Idea Pro Black super hybrid

Note: This thread is 4527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does this hybrid go further than other hybrids with the same loft due to the longer shaft?  I am thinking of getting one to replace my 909h 17 degree but if it is too long it will hit too close to my 3 wood and there will be too much of a gap to my next hybrid

adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

It should because of the longer shaft.  I tried the Pro Black Super and found that it was too much like a fairway wood for my liking.  I gave up some distance with the V3, but I feel that because of the shorter shaft I gained some accuracy.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Absolutely. Mine replaced my 5 wood, and I lost about 10 yards, but I can hit this thing out of the rough infinitely better than my 5w.

I have a 19 degree and I love it.  It is my "go to" club on tight holes off the tee (without a tee) and it's sensational off the fairway or out of rough.  A bit like a 5 wood with a shorter shaft.

I love mine so much I am considering getting another one as a spare.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• 8 months later...
Just got a gift certificate for my birthday and I'm tempted to spend it on the Adams Idea Black 15 degree Super Hybrid. Anyone with some experience with this particular club?

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the Super Black 19 degree with Green Voodoo  stiff shaft. Can anyone tell me the difference between this and the V3? I am a 12  and looking for an all around hybrid? Any feedback is appreciated!!!

Regards,

MD916

As you can see above in my previous post, I was seriously considering the superblack hybrid. I see the 19* superblack hybrid on sale at RBG for under $90 -- a real bargain. The cheapest I've seen the V3 3H is around $190 new. So there is a significant price difference. Here's a thread from this site discussing the v3 vs the superblack hybrid [URL]http://thesandtrap.com/t/45072/adams-idea-v3-vs-super-hybrid[/URL] Adams v3 19 degree (3H) specs lie angle 59.25 length 41.25 inches swing weight D0 Adams superblack hybrid 19 degree lie angle 58.5 length 41 inches swing weight D2 From the specs the only significant difference appears to be the swing weight, but most probably couldn't tell the difference between D0 and D2 The V3 head is smaller and plays more like a hybrid. The 19 degree superblack would play like a short shafted 5wood. Hate to complicate things, but take a look at the 18 degree superfast10 5 wood--it's under $70 brand new at RBG. If you have the chance, go to the "mother ship" Golfsmith in Austin and hit the V3, superblack, and the superfast 10 at their range out back.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

i just picked one up last week.  i was deciding between the super hybrid, V3, and the superfast 2.0

the first thing i noticed among all three was the super hybrid just felt heavier and more solid

according to launch monitor i hit this one the farthest and least "left" which ive been fighting with my hybrid

anyway, i prefer a heavier club so this felt perfect for me

and the head really doesnt look that much bigger than the others

fwiw i got it with the matrix ozik shaft

Note: This thread is 4527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!