IGNORED

Sunglasses

Note: This thread is 6949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I'm considering getting a pair of sunglasses (and contacts) primarily for golf. I've always played with glasses and do ok, so I'm not looking for "special green-reading sunglasses" or anything. However, golf courses are bright, and polarized sunglasses help cut down on the glare.

What sunglasses do y'all use when playing golf? Link to sites and specific models if you wish.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm considering getting a pair of sunglasses (and contacts) primarily for golf. I've always played with glasses and do ok, so I'm not looking for "special green-reading sunglasses" or anything. However, golf courses are bright, and polarized sunglasses help cut down on the glare.

lucky me - I don't need contacts... sunglasses - I've for 2 years already the Signature Series M Frames David Duval Oakley.

David Duval Signature M Frame love it. Be careful - your game may go to hell - brings Duval accuracy with them

Oakley half jackets
IN MY BAG

Irons Big Bertha Fusion Irons 3-PW, SW, LW (Nippon 990 UNFX)
Driver Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)
3 Wood ERC Fusion 3w - RGS (RCH Sys 55R)4/5 Wood Big Bertha Fusion 15D Fairway Wood (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)Bag 10.5" orange fusion tour bagPutter Scotty Cameron Newport...

• 3 weeks later...
Im thinking of getting some of these,or one of the other Rudy-Project range of golf specific sunglasses,any reviews or ideas anyone ?

http://www.gosportsspex.co.uk/RudyPr...GolfTennis.asp

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

• Administrator
Im thinking of getting some of these,or one of the other Rudy-Project range of golf specific sunglasses,any reviews or ideas anyone ?

Perhaps we'll try to get a review of them on The Sand Trap... I will try to remember to get this when I get home and see what we can do...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No sunglasses for me. I don't wear a glove either. Actually I don't wear pants nor a shirt. Just tighty whiteys and golf shoes!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Costa Del Mar's are great! I have the tubines and love them.

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

A review if possible would be great Erik - not just for me either i imagine

They appear to be SPECIFIC golf glasses,and not just a generic "sports" eyerwear type affair......

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

There's some debate about whether polarized lenses are good for golf. Some of the sunglass manufacturers say polarized lenses make it harder to read contours in greens.

I have a couple pair that I use that aren't polarized and they work great. One's from a company called SunDog, another's from GustBuster. The SunDog frames are much more attractive and comfortable. I've also had Oakleys that I've loved.

The most important thing is to not get dark lenses for golf. You want the lenses to block out glare, not light. So orange/amber/violet/blue lenses are all good.

I prefer to wear contacts to glasses on the course because of days like today. I just played a quick nine in the rain, and it would have been very tough to keep glasses dry.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

I wear polorized prescription sunglasses and it took a long time to learn to read the greens but now its no problem and the polorizing is protecting my eyes.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Note: This thread is 6949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!