IGNORED

Taylormade Warranty Claim Turn Around

Note: This thread is 4774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I turned in my R9 Supertri for warranty last week at Golf Galaxy and they said the club would be replaced.  I live in St. Louis and would like to know from others experiences, what is an estimate for turn around assuming the club was sent off last Thursday?

they will send it in to tm and tm will take a look at it and see if it falls into warrenty. had to do this one time a few years ago. had no problems at all. can't remember how long it took though. not very long, maybe a couple weeks. something like that.

what happen with the r9 supertri?

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Mine took about 3 weeks all said and done

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

I am not really sure what happened with it.  Honestly, I believe that during some dry swings I hit the loose, plastic ball holder at the range when making practice swings and it pinched the outside of the toe.  That is the ONLY thing I can think of as I started noticing the headcover was harder to put on and found out it was because the sock was catching on the side of the driver.  There were no scratches or other signs of impact the toe area.

Now, if this is what happened, I agree that it should not be covered, however the guy at Golf Galaxy told me that they would most likely replace it.  I was honest with what I thought happened and told him I was not even sure that is what actually happened.

I would be GREATLY appreciative if they did replace it however, no sour grapes if they do not.

Originally Posted by MikeLowry5

I am not really sure what happened with it.  Honestly, I believe that during some dry swings I hit the loose, plastic ball holder at the range when making practice swings and it pinched the outside of the toe.  That is the ONLY thing I can think of as I started noticing the headcover was harder to put on and found out it was because the sock was catching on the side of the driver.  There were no scratches or other signs of impact the toe area.

Now, if this is what happened, I agree that it should not be covered, however the guy at Golf Galaxy told me that they would most likely replace it.  I was honest with what I thought happened and told him I was not even sure that is what actually happened.

I would be GREATLY appreciative if they did replace it however, no sour grapes if they do not.

I would say they do replace it. tm has been pretty good with replacing clubs.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

I would say they do replace it. tm has been pretty good with replacing clubs.

They might replace it, however, they may also view it as a owners misuse and they will not do it for free. Taylormade is good about fixing clubs though, so you have a good chance. I can't believe it would get pinched by hitting a plastic ball holder though.

Taylormade stands behind their stuff, and if they see this as a imperfection in their standards it will be done free of charge.

And expect at least 2.5 to 3.5 weeks to get it back, depending on where you live.

Good luck!

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 -- Diamana A'hina X
titleist.gif 909 F3 15.0 --  Matrix Ozik X-Con
titleist.gif 910 CB 4-PW -- Project X 6.0
cleveland.gif CG10 52, 56, 60.
cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

Thanks.  I am at a loss as well.  The "blowout" if you will was on the toe end of the clubhead, near the crown.  I wish I would have taken a picture because there was not a scuff or scratch, only a 2" "slit" opening, no dents.  There is one ball mark of a ball I hit off the toe pretty bad (nothing worse than anyone else has done with a toed shot) but it is a few inches from where the club opened up.  Matter of fact to give you a better idea, it is right where the "FCT" logo is.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a NEW, UNOPENED R11 today as a replacement and was only charged shipping for it.  I cannot tell you how suprised I was to see this.  Although I am not a fan of the white, I was very greatful for TMAG's generosity.  They had every inclination to deny my claim and I would not have been upset in the least bit, but to warranty it, and send the updated version is like Christmas.

I caught a lot of razzing by the guys at Golf Galaxy for walking out of there with that new club for a $10 charge.  I felt so overwhelmed I purchased an $80 Travis Mathew shirt before leaving....

Great outcome for you.  It's good to see some companies still understand the value of outstanding customer service.  Hope you enjoy your new $10 driver.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shouldn't feel obligated to buy stuff just cause you got a $10 driver.

regardless, I am happy tm hooked you up.

I'm not surprised that they sent you the newest model. This use to happen to me all the time with hockey sticks. I would buy the previous years model, then it would break in say 20 days (30 day warranty), I would send it in and they would return the newest model.

I never thought I would be a fan of the white until I tried it, though I didn't buy it because of the cost, but after hitting it a few times I almost found it to be more pleasing to look at. Hopefully the same happens to you, good luck.

Edit: BTW, what was he process like. Proof of purchase and all that required? Reason I ask is because a lot of times hockey companies would require a lot of information, like receipt and depending on the company, even a statement saying what happened (Warrior required me to do this, for those who know hockey products).

Originally Posted by MikeLowry5

Well I wanted the shirt.  I'm sure feeling like i got a new driver for $10 made me that much more apt to pay the money for the shirt.

Mike

oh well. that's okay. free driver, and a nice shirt.

Note: This thread is 4774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!