IGNORED

Long par 3 / Tight Par 3

Note: This thread is 4771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Go find an executive course (only par 3's) play that till you get GIR most of the time, after that if your putting holds up you should be able to Par most Par3's.

185i with a 7i sounds like alot. I always thought I hit it far and that would be inbetween a 5i-6i for me. Perhaps ease up and club down wouldnt +16 on 2 holes hurt that 14hcp lol!

Taking a shot because getting to bogey golf for me was a 3year struggle.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Work on your long irons, hybrids and woods. I used to fear my long irons, but today I love them. I can hit my 4 iron around 185-190 yards, so anything inside that distance is OK. Going longer and I'll need a wood to reach the green. It doesn't really bother me since I feel comfortable with the long clubs, which has progressed in the right way the last couple of years.

Just keep working on your long clubs and play these long shots a lot. One good idea is to lay up around 180-200 yards from the green on par 4s and 5s, just to give yourself the practice.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Actually, I have been wondering, easier swing but one extra club still goes the distance needed?

For example, if I need an i7 for 180 yds , I can take an i6 and swing easier , yet it'll still go 180 yds?

Be careful with those easy swings.  They have a tendency to go much farther than anticipated.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Originally Posted by Dave Gordon

Just play for the fat of the green. Tour pros often take the safe option on par 3's. Don't go after any sucker pins!

Go for the safe part of the green, which is usually, but is not always, the fat part.  I've seen par-3s with well-defended fat parts and fairway surrounding the other third.  A pin in the middle of the fat part might as well have been a sucker pin!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!