IGNORED

Few questions.. wedges.. What driver are you playing. And why?

Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

I really liked the feel of the Adams Speedline. Check out used drivers, great deals can be had.

Double post

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I really liked the feel of the Adams Speedline. Check out used drivers, great deals can be had.

Second this. I got my F10 second hand for $125

Shafts are longer ( 46.125 ) but very forgiving club...but I suggest you go to a store and hit about 6 different drivers and find the one that works best.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Dumb question but is the groove tool easy to use? I would hate to screw up my club face worse than it is.

It's easy if the tool fits your wedge. Not every wedge has grooves the same distance apart. If the tool (mine is like a comb - from the Spanish Inquistion) fits nicely into all the grooves, it's easy. If it's not a good fit, then don't use it - you'll scratch the face somewhere somehow.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Then what determines what degree loft you want. I've always played a 9.5 if you look at alot of pros it seems like most of them are using alot lower degree driver like an 8?

Your swing and the results you want.  Actually, I see less and less pros playing low loft drivers.  15-20 years ago I never saw a pro using a 10* or 10.5* driver-fairly common now, I reckon the average now is 9.5* or slightly higher.

Originally Posted by CincyCreech

Then what determines what degree loft you want. I've always played a 9.5 if you look at alot of pros it seems like most of them are using alot lower degree driver like an 8?

Thanks, I will have to look into getting one. I wonder if salesman at Golfsmith would know which would fit Vokeys.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

It's easy if the tool fits your wedge. Not every wedge has grooves the same distance apart. If the tool (mine is like a comb - from the Spanish Inquistion) fits nicely into all the grooves, it's easy. If it's not a good fit, then don't use it - you'll scratch the face somewhere somehow.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I have used a 10.5 regular for the past 2 years until a few days ago I tried the 910 with 9.5 stiff flex. I average about 250 on my drives but this club I was carrying the ball 5 yards longer and rolling 15 yards longer. I like to swing up a lot with my driver so height was not a problem for me. I only missed like 2 fairways where my driver is just as accurate, the ball tends to have much more backspin which takes roll off and doesn't even help carry distance.

IDK why a tour pro hitting 280 yards would want 10.5 loft.

I just went from a Titleist 909 D3 with the Aldila Voodoo to the Taylormade Burner TP 2.0 with the standard "Taylormade" shaft. I love it. The white head is somewhat hard to get use to at first, but once you get use to it, it is extremely likable. I also hit the Cleveland Launcher and Titleist 910 D3, and did not like the way the ball felt off of either face. The Taylormade suited my needs for feel and ball flight, so I went with it. Good luck with your decision making!

Titleist 905T 9.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX V7)

Titleist 909F2 13.5* (Oban Devotion 7)

Titleist 906F4 15.5* (Aldila VS Proto 80-S)

Cobra S3 Pro Forged-M 3-PW (DG SL300's hard stepped)

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* & 60*

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

Titleist 9.5 S83 Staff Bag

FJ Icon, Sport, and DryJoy's

Because they usually have a negative angle of attack.

Originally Posted by Backspinalot

I have used a 10.5 regular for the past 2 years until a few days ago I tried the 910 with 9.5 stiff flex. I average about 250 on my drives but this club I was carrying the ball 5 yards longer and rolling 15 yards longer. I like to swing up a lot with my driver so height was not a problem for me. I only missed like 2 fairways where my driver is just as accurate, the ball tends to have much more backspin which takes roll off and doesn't even help carry distance.

IDK why a tour pro hitting 280 yards would want 10.5 loft.

Originally Posted by max power

Because they usually have a negative angle of attack.

it also can be easier to control than the flat face of a 9 or 8 degree driver, they dont really need the extra 10 yards when they hit it so far already, accuracy can be better. Some of my best drivers have been 10.5 degrees

Went from a 10.5° Mizuno MX560 (very loud bang on impact) with regular shaft to a Ping G15 with Aldila Serrano stiff after Ping fitting.  No frills, just plain affordable and forgiving performance.  Swing it, feel it, hear it swish, hear the impact, feel the impact and admire the resulting ballflight.  I love my Ping G15 !

Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!