IGNORED

Price adjustment questions on cart bags shipped to me

Note: This thread is 4805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just ordered a new cart bag from Golfsmith. I went with last years Adidas Prevail cart bag in red. Sharp looking bag and seems functional. The bag was not supposed to ship till 04/27/11 but shipped yesterday and arrived today. Now when I opened the bag on the tag it had 3 different prices none of which I paid. 1st price was $149.99, than there was an orange price sticker with the date of 01/04/11 and the price of $109.97. Than there was another orange sticker with the date of 02/22/11 and price of $49.96. I contacted Golfsmith via email to ask for a refund of the difference. I paid $119.99 and had a 15% off free shipping code, so it came to $101.97. Should I be refunded the difference? It is marked as clear as day that it is or was $49.96. Why would they ship this item with this price on it when they could have just removed it. Seems like they were just lazy not to remove it. Would love to hear what you guys have to say about this.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I'm not sure about Golfsmiths practices, but my guess is since it was an older model bag, and they offered free shipping they shipped it out of a local store that had one in stock to minimize shipping costs, which is also why you got it so quick.  The local store probably had it on clearance to reduce their inventory, didn't sell it, and never took the old price tags off before they put it in a box.

My guess is they won't honor the price since the online store is separate from the local stores, and you agreed to pay the price they listed, but it's worth a shot.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I'm not sure about Golfsmiths practices, but my guess is since it was an older model bag, and they offered free shipping they shipped it out of a local store that had one in stock to minimize shipping costs, which is also why you got it so quick.  The local store probably had it on clearance to reduce their inventory, didn't sell it, and never took the old price tags off before they put it in a box.

My guess is they won't honor the price since the online store is separate from the local stores, and you agreed to pay the price they listed, but it's worth a shot.

+1

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Yeah, newtogolf is probably right... but, i think it's worth asking about and they might show great customer service and give you a credit for their site.  Keep us posted.

While it's certainly worth asking them to refund the difference in the end you should [b]not[/b] feel upset or disappointed if they don't.  You found a bag you liked and you certainly felt it was worth $102.00, which is what you paid.  If you end up paying $102.00 for it then you got exactly what you wanted!  Enjoy the bag; forget about what it cost or "should have" cost.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

• 2 weeks later...

update: Golfsmith is going to refund me $56. This bag is now a ridiculous deal $46 shipped for a 14 way cart bag. Awesome.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 4805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!