IGNORED

If you bet when golfing, how much money do you bet?

ipark1303
Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Guys,
I was just wondering how much money do you bet (or feel comfortable to bet) during your rounds.....
I personally do not bet more than $1 dollar per hole/stroke, but I know few guys who bet very "heavy" ...I once saw the keys of a Lexus LS430 going into the hands of different players before returning to its original owner (thank God...otherwise who knows what would have happened!!)

In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually it for nothing more then a good cigar or a beer..... But once in a while the bets have gone as high as 5 euros a hole.. However the braging right are priceless..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Come on Guys!!!
There is no fear for Tax collectors or IRS filing!!!
I was just curious to see how much is your usual comfortable zone for betting in golf?

In My Bag:
Driver:
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

The usual game I play in is $2 per point (points cover strokes (front, back, and overall) plus trash (greenies, sandies, and polies)). Occasionally we'll do a skins game, $5/skin front 9, $10/skin back...just to mix it up and exchange real $'s (the usual game rarely causes more than $20 to change hands).

There is a group I play with about 2-3 times a year, they do $10-20 a point, but I'm only comfortable doing that a couple of times a year..not that I don't have confidence in my game, but those guys tend to play for as many trash points as they can get...so it tends to become more of a money game than a good golf game w/a little added monetary pressure + bragging rights.

Currently Playing:
Driver: Custom Bang-O-Matic 460 9*, GD YS6+ Stiff
3Wood: Firesole
Hybrid: Rescue 17*
3 - PW: MX-23Wedges: Vokey: SM60.08 (OC), SM56.10 (OC), 252.08 (TC)Putter: Cameron Circa'62 No.2Ball: HXTourHome Course: MacGregor Downs CC, Cary, NC

• 2 weeks later...
In my usual foursome, we play 25 cent skins which works out to $5 a man when you throw in one long drive and one closest to the pin. Not a lot of money, but there is no better feeling than making a good shot from the middle of nowhere to beat those guys out of a quarter. Sometimes we'll play teams for a $5 nassau just to shake things up a little.

When I went to Myrtle Beach last year (20 guys) everyone put $100 in the pot and we played for prize money everyday. I ended up winning $200 bucks for the week. I can't wait until we go back in September.

We usually throw $5 bucks in the pot each and play for skins, no carry-overs. There will be as many as 16 of us at any given time and we compare cards at the end of the round. You just take the # of skins won total divided by the total pool and that is what each skin is worth. We also usually have some kind of team bet between the groups. Normally a $1.00 Nassua for the best two of four scores. We take the two best scores added together and it is like any match play event after that.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

As a single golfer on my home course I was paired with a few other golfers that played pretty well. At the end of the round we exchanged phone numbers for future rounds. I received a phone call and took them up on the offer to play their home course. On the first tee they told me "You know this is a money game, right?" As an average golfer I was 99% sure I was getting hustled. Once they saw my reaction they told me it was $.25 per hole - teams.

So far that is the story of my "big money" game.

ipark - I'm not paying taxes on my winnings either!

Last summer, I won over $20 several times, but since then I have been struggling and now I am about back even. My game is gone!

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

$5 nassau

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

A group of about 15-20 of us get together every weekend at 0700 (first tee time) and play for .25 a bet generally and 2.00 skins pot. Although it is only a quarter at at time, it adds up rather quickly. These guys are pretty good. On an average weekend morning day, I will have about 15 bets. This includes about 4-8 individual bets, about the same amount of 2 man bets, and we always divide the teams up evenly as much as possible to allow for big team bets. The most gained or lost is usually around 25.00, not counting skins. There are usually only about 2 or 3 skins for our groups, so that is where you can make a killing. Pars never win skins, par 5 birdies rarely win skins, and most par 4 birdies are cut as well. We have four par 3's and 4 pretty difficult par 4's. They are the money makers.

John

IN THE BAG

Driver - 905T / 8.5 / Speeder Stiff3 Wood - G5 / 13 degree / Stock X-StiffIrons - G5 / 4-PW / Stock Stiff Wedges - Vokey / 252.08, 256.14, 260.08Putter - Old School B60Ball - Pro-V1

Anywhere from a $2 nassau to a $40 buy in game. There is a really good game on Thursdays in the summer time at my local course. $20 buy in for skins and low gross. 3-5 groups groups and the money adds up quickly. Plus its all good players so I don't have to deal with giving strokes to anyone.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

$5.00 Nassau with automatic 2 downs plus dollar skins that are double for birdies and quads for eagles plus the normal junk (greenies and sandies). Most of the time it’s with my regular group and we have individual matches in addition to teams. It definitely requires the use of several scorecards.

In the bag

Driver 905R, 9.5 Aldila NV65S
3 Wood 960 F2, 13.0 Aldila NV65S
5 Wood 975F, 18.5 Proforce 65SHybrid 503H, 22 deg. DG â S3004 â PW 735 CM, DG â S300SW Volkey 256.10, DG â S300LW Volkey 260.4, DG â S300Putter Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5 Ball Pro-V1x or Pro-V1...

Listen to this one!

One of my friends told me that the issue is not on how much

you bet... it's a "manhood" issue, it's pride and competiveness all together!

Even if you play for 1 cent, you never want to lose against another golfer!

It's the human nature.... I want you to play good, but never better than me!"

What's your opinion on this?

In My Bag:
Driver:
3 Wood:

My most common bet is the $5 nassau. Of course $1 'dots' (birdies, barkies, sandies, greenies, reverse greenies, snakes, lizards) and $20 dragons are always in play!

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

reverse greenies, snakes, lizards, dragons

These I haven't heard of before, or perhaps named this way. Can I ask someone to explain these 4? Thanks.

Currently Playing:
Driver: Custom Bang-O-Matic 460 9*, GD YS6+ Stiff
3Wood: Firesole
Hybrid: Rescue 17*
3 - PW: MX-23Wedges: Vokey: SM60.08 (OC), SM56.10 (OC), 252.08 (TC)Putter: Cameron Circa'62 No.2Ball: HXTourHome Course: MacGregor Downs CC, Cary, NC

i know alot of guys who won't play if there isn't a game. personally, i play alot after work and usually alone. not much fun gambling with yourself. never been a big part of the game for me. i know the tour players usually have a game going on during practice rounds. gambling requires alot of additional thinking on the course, i like to keep thinking to a minimum, if at all.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!