IGNORED

How bad were you?

bunkerputt
Note: This thread is 4730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've played since I was a young boy with my dad but don't really remember my scores except that I wanted to break 100.  I got another set of hand-me-down clubs 2.5 years ago and started playing 4 times a year and was encouraged when I finally started shooting "low nineties."  I can honestly say there were at least 10 shots per round that I hit the divot further than the ball, but there was always that "one shot" that kept me coming back.  I am definitely better now than I was then and enjoy the game a hell of a lot more now.  I still haven't beat my dad though.

I played for the first time almost exactly two years ago. I shot a 67 on a 9-hole par-3 course --- I didn't care about the score. I loved the challenge, and I was completely HOOKED.

I started playing 18 at the local muni and shot in the 120's.  After four months, I managed to break 100.  Five months after that, I broke 90.  ...nine months later, and I'm still trying to break 80...

I'm still not good (I had a 9 on a par-5 today), but I'm getting more consistent (10 bogeys today), and I still get super excited on days I'm able to play.

Ill just go short term. Ive been playing golf for only 2.5 years now, but I started taking it seriously just this year. Ive gone from a 21 handicap in January to now Im a low 15 AND DROPPING! If my driver and putter ever decide to work together on the same day, watch out! Haha

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I have played golf since I was very young and could shoot in the high 40s in 5th grade on 9 holes. At a slow steady pace up to high school I improved and got down to shooting in the mid 80s (started playing 18 holes too!). Then came the bad golf!

In high school I had a 14 handicap, but consistently shot in the 90s and even 100s during tournaments. Once I even shot a 115 in a tournament. I guess I am not good with the nerves. I also kind of put golf behind other things in high school and put almost no effort to improve. But really, it was very very bad golf.

After playing less than 10 total rounds in 08/09 after high school one random thursday in 2010 I turned on the tv to see the Masters was on and suddenly that drive I had to play in 7th grade was back. I played a bunch of round last summer until i had to stop due to injury... Hopefully i can avoid back problems this summer and get back on my quest to get my handicap into the single digits by the end of the summer.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!