IGNORED

Hey everyone!!!

davecenter
Note: This thread is 4852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey fellow golfer and fellow guitarist! Great to have you here man. This is shaping up to be an excellent forum.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks! I hope so. I love discussion golf, and sometimes there just aren't enough good places. I wish there was a guitar board around that wasn't garbage. But I have yet to find one. Just curious, what guitar(s) do you play?

Acoustic, electic and bass. As for the guitars themselves I have a Taylor 815ce (the big cutaway) acoustic, a fender strat, and a fender "jazz bass." I bought the Taylor quite a few years ago and really love it... it seems to get better with age. The electric and bass were given to me a few months back by a good friend of mine. I really can't believe how generous he is. I also own a "classical" guitar made by the Seagull guitar company (from Canada somewhere). How bout you?

[note to forum administrator: we'll keep the guitar talk confined to the "introduce yourself" section ]

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I'm currently in possesion of a Gretsch Les Paul Electromatic, a Yamaha 12 string acoustic, and and classical guitar. Can't remember the name though. I hope to eventually get a new acoustic-electric, but I don't have the money right now.

On the line of dream guitars I want to get eventually...
PRS 22/12 custom ten top 12 string electric.
PRS custom 24 ten top
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Hummingbird Acoustic,
And that Taylor acoustic-electric. I can't remember the name.
Oh, and the schecter C1 - classic
And a fender American Deluxe strat.

I know, I'm bad, but I love guitars. Same problem in golf. I don't need to buy anything when I go into a golf shop, I just have to try everything.

I don't play bass, but I could pick it up I think. Great instrument in certain settings, especially when there is no other people to play.

You got a guitar wish list???

You have it figured out! I think PRS guitars are awesome, I have enjoyed the few parker electric guitars I have played (they feel so good even though they look strange), I'd probably add another Taylor to the mix if I could. Theres some recording equipment I'd like to get my hands on, a new recording desk, some mics and cables... stuff like that. Other than that I'm totally content .

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I know what you mean about the recording stuff. However, I have a friend who is a drummer and guitarist, and he has a room with his drums. He has Adobe Audition, so we just plug the guitars and the mics into an alexis mixer, the 12R I think, and then we record away. If I ever write enough songs, I plan to make an album. But that is a while away still.

I never played a parker. Now I think I'll have to.

I really need a new acoustic since I don't have a regular steel string. However, I don't need a new electric. But hey, I can dream right?

I'd loooove to get a new, good mic, but they're expensive. I'd also like to get the Digitech GNX 4 workboard. I currently have the GNX 2, which is great, but I would love all the new features. Only problem is that they are 600 bucks.

What types of music do you play?

Hey... dreaming is just fine with me. I was using Cool Edit Pro before Adobe bought it and named it Audition... That is a great piece of software, very easy to use and has tons of effects and editing abilities. I'm using the Boss BR8 for recording. I'm borrowing my brothers condenser mics (both pretty nice). I'll buy a Behrenger (sp?) m1 (I think that's what its called) when it comes time to buy a mic. I've used them and they are quite accurate and very sensitive mics for a fraction of the price of other condenser mics.

I play fingerstyle acoustic stuff, rock, pop, jazz, whatever. It's kind of a James Taylor/Dave Matthews collision or whatever happens to be going on in my head at the time. I like rock and play a bit of lead but gravitate toward the acoustic guitar most of the time. The bass comes in handy for, well, bass parts on my recording desk. I enjoy singing too, so I record a bit of that.

Music has always been a great outlet for me. It's kind of like putting (to get back to golf a little) on the carpet. Its a way to let off steam and think of something other than work or whatever.

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

That is so funny. You play the same way I do. I use music as a way of expressing the parts of myself that I can't put into words.

I used a cool edit, and still do at my house. But since my friend has audition, and everything is set up over there...

The older and better I get, the more I play acoustic. I find that when i write a song, or have an idea for one, it almost always isn't a rock song. Its something softer.

I'm a big fan of rock ballads. Its always the most straightforward way of expressing myself.

• 6 years later...
Note: This thread is 4852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!