IGNORED

Men wearing women's gear

Note: This thread is 4771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just saw these and thought "Oh they're nice, I'd wear them" even though they're "women's" shoes:

http://thesandtrap.com/products/ecco-women-s-comfort-swing-hydro-white-marine

My snowboarding gloves are also women's gloves but don't look like it:

http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/ThumbnailGenerator/FixedWidth.aspx?file=/Admin/Images/Larger/65acda3f-634c-4470-90f1-3ef836303310.jpg&width;=340&maxHeight;=350

Would you wear clothing/apparel/shoes labelled as "women's" if they look good and relatively unisex or does it have to be "manly" for you to wear it?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Sure I would.  I am secure enough in my "manhood" to wear whatever I feel like.  I wear True Linkswear shoes and that gets plenty of looks.  Although I have not gotten to the white belt stage yet (just sayin')

I also wear Vibram FiveFingers shoes quite often off the course, but have worn the leather ones on once.  If you can wear those in public you can surely wear something labeled "Women."

Originally Posted by Double Bogey

Sure I would.  I am secure enough in my "manhood" to wear whatever I feel like.  I wear True Linkswear shoes and that gets plenty of looks.  Although I have not gotten to the white belt stage yet (just sayin')

I also wear Vibram FiveFingers shoes quite often off the course, but have worn the leather ones on once.  If you can wear those in public you can surely wear something labeled "Women."

Until your post I'd never heard of those Vibram shoes. They look strange and expensive but presumably comfortable. Do they smell after a while of not wearing socks though?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Until your post I'd never heard of those Vibram shoes. They look strange and expensive but presumably comfortable. Do they smell after a while of not wearing socks though?

Yes, they are a bit strange.  I have a couple of pair, one strictly for running (Biklia) and a Kangaroo leather pair for casual Friday and one round of golf (Trek).  If you can get over the look they are awesome.  Just like going barefooted (which many believe is better for you).  I will not get into that debate.  If you want to learn more about barefoot running or lifestyle google is your friend.

The short answer to the smell question is YES, they will stink.  The long-er answer is they are both machine washable and if you read about keeping the stink out via the web they will not always stink.   I wear my Treks 3-4 times a week and have had them for over a year... washed them 3 times and they have no stink.  I use a baking soda type shoe spray after ever couple of uses to reduce any bacteria build up.  When I played golf in them I actually wore socks (yes toe socks) because it was quite cool that day.

I have to wash the running shoe more often, but again.... no stink.  Just wash and let air dry.

Sorry to Hijack

I might go for those gloves if they fit, and perhaps a few other items specifically marketed to women assuming they were pragmatic. But I'd draw the line at a merkin. Unless it was a really, really manly merkin. Then...maybe.

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

I come across this situation from time to time. As long as the clothes fit and looks good, I don't care if they are found in the women's section.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a buddy that plays maybe 3-4 times a year and the one club he can hit the heck out of is a 3 wood that happens to be a women's club by Callaway. He was talking this club up when he bought it and he asked if I could put a new grip on it because it felt on the smallish side. I looked at this club and threw another grip on and handed it back to him without saying a word. To this day I don't think he knows but since he is happy with it I figure why spoil his fun?! Amazing what you can appreciate if you take descriptors out of the equation.

Similar to OP, I have snowboarding pants that is for women.  It looks like unisex style, but it was in the women's department.  It fits me much better than the men's by the same company.

I have no qualms about wearing women's clothing as long as they fit and look good.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We sell a lot of Womens Large gloves to men. Not a big deal.

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Funny.

Back when I used to regularly buy my shoes out of the Eastbay catalog, I loved cross-trainer shoes.  I would buy a new pair of Nikes once every 6-12 months.  I would look through the catalog, find 2-3 shoes I liked and eventually narrow it down to 1.  Every single time, at least one of the shoes would come in a color that I loved, only to read the description and find out they were "women's" shoes.  It would piss me off, and I'd skip on to the next shoe.

Maybe my feminine side is just stronger than I ever realized?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!