IGNORED

The 16th hole animals in Arizona fore or against?

flap
Note: This thread is 6281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Personally I love it when Phill or another ASU alumn comes to that hole.I know the purest don't like it but they pay the frieght.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I think it is embarrassing and immature, not to mention disrespectful to many golfers. It is just like watching an event where there is some moron in the crowd shouting at the top of his lungs, "GET IN THE HOLE" on a tee shot at a par 5. Only at the FBR it is about a thousand times worse. I hate that magazines and TV coverage encourage that behavior.

Crowds in general are getting worse and worse each year. While the game needs the excitement and the energy things are getting out of hand. Anyone remember the tournament last year where some tool shouted out something about a 7-11 in an Indian accent at Vijay? Classless.

To really understand the 16th hole at the FBR you have to go and experience it. I went last year and we had tickets to sit in the grandstands right behind the hole. Mind you its all the free beer you can drink in most of those grandstands.
Once you experience it you realize its not that bad. It is amazing how quiet it actually gets when the players are hitting. And most of the players enjoy the experience. I sat there for 2 1/2 hours and never saw a single player get angry. The players actually play up to the crowd. It is a lot of fun to watch.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Even though I am a purist, I think it is good.

It definitely gives a particular and original "trait" for that competition.

The 16th hole reminds me the Colosseum in Rome as in the movie "Gladiator"...

In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

It definitely gives a particular and original "trait" for that competition.

Exactly! Rustle up the feathers of some of those pampered PGA pros...

Exactly! Rustle up the feathers of some of those pampered PGA pros...

Boy... I agree. And from a fan perspective, you really get to see which pros enjoy and acknowlege the crowd... and which ones would just rather be left alone. Either way, it's sure is fun to watch.

And while I'd hate to see this spread to many more events, it does give the FBR its own unique... how shall I say... ambience?

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

As a golfer, I'd absolutely love to be around that kind of atmosphere once a season. I'm all for it!

Let em' have fun once or twice a lifetime.

Boy... I agree. And from a fan perspective, you really get to see which pros enjoy and acknowlege the crowd... and which ones would just rather be left alone. Either way, it's sure is fun to watch.

I second that opinion. It's good here but it can't spread or it must be stopped.

You would be removed so fast from Augusta and they would probably assign an AIO (Augusta Intelligence Officer) lol to follow you and make sure you don't get in again! They ask for your SS# when applying for tickets to the Masters so they can do a background check on you.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

The only way you are not for it is if you are an elitist and want the game to be reserved for the wealthy. Which I know, there are some of those out there. I won't name any names but ...........Tom Watson.................We know who they are.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• 2 weeks later...
Well on Sunday the "animals" were damn near tame!The last 2 shown groups were given a free pass by the crowd.Bye the way 500,000 for the tourney aint too shabby and they raised more in chairity than any other event so "let them yell".

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I think it is embarrassing and immature, not to mention disrespectful to many golfers. It is just like watching an event where there is some moron in the crowd shouting at the top of his lungs, "GET IN THE HOLE" on a tee shot at a par 5. Only at the FBR it is about a thousand times worse. I hate that magazines and TV coverage encourage that behavior.

I agree.

If a player does not reach the green.... he is the first one to be frustrated with his game and nobody has the right to laugh at him or yell a "boo". This is not basketball nor football. It is Golf. A spectator must stay a spectator. If he wants some excitement, then he should try a WWF arena.
In My Bag:
Driver:
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

To really understand the 16th hole at the FBR you have to go and experience it. I went last year and we had tickets to sit in the grandstands right behind the hole. Mind you its all the free beer you can drink in most of those grandstands.

sat there for 2 1/2 hours and never saw a single player get angry. The players actually play up to the crowd. It is a lot of fun to watch.

I bet that the players don't get angry.... can you imagine if they actually do and the crowd gets angrier????

As I posted previously, I personally do not like it, but this 16th hole reminds me the Colosseum (in the movie "Gladiator") and Circus Maximus (in the movie "Ben Hur")!!! Believe me, I am from Rome, Italy and I can really say that!
In My Bag:
Driver:
3 Wood:

IT'S COOL!

Buy hey, the fans are not serious when booing. It's tongue in cheek.

Evidence is the resounding Boos after Bubba Watson missed the green Sunday. They started booing, he takes his hat off and salutes them and waves. The crowd does a quick "about face" and they start cheering for him loudly. He then runs out to them and hands out a few autographed visors on the way to go finish the hole!

COOL!

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

I'm a golf purist and I happen to like it at this event. It's all in good fun. I liked seeing the players throwing stuff into the crowds.
I just wish it were a small island green about 185 yards with heavy winds. Then we could really have some fun!
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

Note: This thread is 6281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!