IGNORED

My Swing (morgan789)

morgan789
Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

good rhythm, but your lower body is stopping in the middle of your downswing while your upper body continues to turn, then your hands are flipping at the bottom of the swing, which is probably causing you to pull the ball. keep your legs turning and hips going laterally to the left.

What I see is similar to what senorchipotle said.  Your swing looks very armsy.  It looks like maybe you take your body almost completely out of the swing in service of keeping a nice rhythm and a smooth swing.  Accepting you're not going to be a long hitter and concentrating on a smooth, on plane swing seems fine to me.  But you're also flipping, which I bet is one of the major sources of your struggles.

What I'm saying is that smooth and on plane with less than recommended body action and slower than your potential swing speed obviously works pretty well for you given your HC, but even if you're going to take your body mostly out of the swing, you've still got to have your hands in front of the ball at impact to be consistent.  It's just too hard to strike the ball flush and on target consistently with your hands behind the ball.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But you're also flipping, which I bet is one of the major sources of your struggles.

FWIW, this is what he means by that: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8wrW5.png[/IMG] That angle formed between your wrist and your arm at impact. Generally, a straighter line is preferable. This image was taken a split-second after impact, but how you look here is also how you look at impact. (Just happened to pause the video right at almost the perfect moment so I figured I'd take a screen capture.)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

thanks for the help! and yes i do struggle with consistent ball striking

i think i will get down the range and start working on taking it back more with the body instead of the arms, and also im going to work on coming back down with the hips. senorchipotle is definitly right because alot of the time my body stops and my hands flip over and i hit a massive hook. is   sdrgi

thanks again

morgan

Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!