IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This guy just blows my mind

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Well, I just finished the front 9 and shot even par with the following setup:

Ping Eye 2 Plus (no +) irons, 3-LW

Cobra Baffler 16 degree 2 hybrid

Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping i10 3 wood

I'm planning on concentrating a little harder and working on my rotational pull.  For you novices out there, you must always feel the right hand pulling the club back during the intial part of your backswing.  However, the most crucial element of the golf swing is swinging from the inside.  Almost every chopper out there does the over the top move.  Get some Ping Eye 2s, practice swinging outside-in and you'll shoot better scores.  I'm one of the best ballstrikers I know and this is what I do.  Wish me luck.

Originally Posted by famousdavis

However, you cannot get the ZZ-Lite shaft.  Without that shaft there is no point.  It would be like putting 87 Octane gas in my BMW.

Wait, so you actually mis-titled the thread?  This whole thing is a farce?!?

I'm one of the best ballstrikers I know and this is what I do.  Wish me luck.

I'm one of the best forum-posters I know.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Well, I just finished the front 9 and shot even par with the following setup:

Ping Eye 2 Plus (no +) irons, 3-LW

Cobra Baffler 16 degree 2 hybrid

Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping i10 3 wood

I'm planning on concentrating a little harder and working on my rotational pull.  For you novices out there, you must always feel the right hand pulling the club back during the intial part of your backswing.  However, the most crucial element of the golf swing is swinging from the inside.  Almost every chopper out there does the over the top move.  Get some Ping Eye 2s, practice swinging outside-in and you'll shoot better scores.  I'm one of the best ballstrikers I know and this is what I do.  Wish me luck.

Your name isn't Justin Payne by chance is it?

Member: Branch River Country Club

Taylormade Burner Superfast Driver

Warrior Custom 3 hybrid

Taylormade Burner Superlaunch Irons 4-PW

Taylormade White Smoke MC-72 putter

Whew, leave the trap for a few hours and look what I miss. ZZ lite shafts? Aren't these just TT lite shafts? Come on man, most of us out grew those by 14 yrs old.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

Originally Posted by famousdavis Get some Ping Eye 2s, practice swinging outside-in and you'll shoot better scores.  I'm one of the best ballstrikers I know and this is what I do.  Wish me luck.

As in, over the top?

Fail.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by arogolf

Whew, leave the trap for a few hours and look what I miss. ZZ lite shafts? Aren't these just TT lite shafts? Come on man, most of us out grew those by 14 yrs old.

It's completely different than the ZZ-Lite shaft.  I would expect a little more from you.  Sigh.

Sorry, its the same shaft, the zz is tipped a touch more to play a little stiffer, but its the same as tt lite, perhaps the different decals threw you off.

I'm one of the best ballstrikers I know and this is what I do.  Wish me luck.

I guess we'll be seeing you on tour soon then. Have you tried some Monday qualifiers yet? Maybe a U. S. Open qualifer? As the best ball stricker you know, you should be just a good 4 rounds away from a tour card. I'm guessing you would have hit 90% GIR in the Open just like Rory did?

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I tested some Eye 2's at the range the other day and someone in the gallery who'd gathered to watch me hit balls said "God, it's like Hogan all over again." I generally just shrug comments like that off; there's no need to get taken with myself.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

As in, over the top?

Fail.

This thread is outside-in.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Using the same logic as the OP:

It is a known fact that Ping Eye 2s are the worst irons ever created.

The other day I saw a guy using them and he had 95 off the stick. This is proof that they are the worst clubs ever.

I also checked ebay and there are over a dozen sets for sale. Further proof.

I also remember a guy missing a green with a 4 iron from 210 yards. Further proof that these irons lack accuracy.

I am guessing that the OP is just having a bit of fun with us, but everyone seems to be treating his posts seriously, playing us for fools.

Question to the OP: As you are offering to help us all out, please explain how it is possible for an iron to be "accurate", because I've seen lots of players hit lots of good shots, but it has never occurred to me to wonder what kind of clubs they are using and if those clubs are responsible.

Thanks

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by arogolf

Sorry, its the same shaft, the zz is tipped a touch more to play a little stiffer, but its the same as tt lite, perhaps the different decals threw you off.

Call Ping and ask them if it's the same shaft.  They'll tell you it's not.  Can you admit when you're wrong?  I guess time will tell.

Originally Posted by Shorty

It is a known fact that Ping Eye 2s are the worst irons ever created.

The other day I saw aguy using them and he had 95 off the stick. This is proof that they are the worst clubs ever.

I also checked ebay and there are over a dozen sets for sale. Further proof.

I also remember a guy missing a green with a 4 iron from 210 yards. Further proof that these irons lack accuracy.

I am guessing that the OP is just having a bit of fun with us, but everyone seems to be treating his posts seriously, playing us for fools.

Question to the OP: As you are offering to help us all out, please explain how it is possible for an iron to be "accurate"?, because I've seen lots of players hit lots of good shots, but it has never occurred to me to wonder what kind of clubs they are using and if those clubs are responsible.

Thanks

Your post was poorly written and I hope I see improvement in the next one.   Eye 2 irons on Ebay is proof of their popularity.  Lot's of trading going on.  You might want to take Economics 101 there old chap.  You see, when there's a great deal of activity on a particular product it means that it's popular to the consumer.  For the most part Ping halted mass production of the Eye 2s after 1992.  If there's still a ton of them on Ebay it stands to reason they're still a popular item and loved by millions.  Don't act jealous just because you don't own a set.

Originally Posted by goblue107501

I guess we'll be seeing you on tour soon then. Have you tried some Monday qualifiers yet? Maybe a U. S. Open qualifer? As the best ball stricker you know, you should be just a good 4 rounds away from a tour card. I'm guessing you would have hit 90% GIR in the Open just like Rory did?

I hate having to take on the roll of educating everyone on this forum.  A scratch player is not good enough to play on the PGA Tour.  I usually shoot right at par or a couple over.  Those scores generate a scratch handicap.  Let me explain something to you globule, your handicap is determined by the average of your last 10 best scores out of the last 20.  A scratch player isn't even close to being good enough to compete on tour.  Plus, I love my job and don't need the dough.  Rory had a good week but i seriously doubt he'll go on to win more than 3 or 4 majors.

Call Ping and ask them if it's the same shaft.  They'll tell you it's not.  Can you admit when you're wrong?  I guess time will tell.

Call ping and ask them? Well, surely that's how to achieve equanimity (pause while you google it). Economics 101 equals karsten utilized an existing tt lite platform and tipped em stiff for his own vision of the ping eye 2 (lighter tip stiff shaft plus lighter clubhead equals better control for the average chopper. Albeit this was decades ago). Do you think ping would pay for r and d for a whole new breed of golf shaft and absorb the extra cost?? Hardly, my friend. I'm glad you enjoy your job,hopefully daddy hooked you up with something that doesnt require too much cognitive reasoning. Nevertheless, I am still hooked...

Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!