IGNORED

The John Daly Report.

Hogan Fan
Note: This thread is 3262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

John Daly opened with a round of 72 at the AT&T.; He played Pebble Beach today and in typical fashion started with bogey, eagle, par, birdie on the first four holes.
He managed to hit 8 of 13 fairways and his longest drive of the day measured 331 yards.
His avg drive distance was 304.5 and he hit 10 GIR. Not a bad start but he trails by 7 shots after one round.
Let's toast a diet coke for luck

T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Jd!!!!!!!!!!!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Big John fired another even round of par today at Spyglass Hill which included 12 pars, 3 birdies and 3 bogeys. A much nicer round than the up and down first round. He managed not to have a double bogey today and should be around for the weekend.

Cheers to the Lion!
The Diet Coke toast must have worked!

T-Bone Marshall
in my bag
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

our boy will need a bottle of JD tonight. He started todays round with a bogey then a par followed by 5 straight bogeys! 6 bogeys out of 7 holes! OUCH!

T-Bone Marshall
in my bag

our boy will need a bottle of JD tonight. He started todays round with a bogey then a par followed by 5 striaght bogeys! 6 bogeys out of 7 holes! OUCH!

Damned, JD!!!!

Your scorecard looks like Michelle Wie's....
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

When did Ford pay off his gambling debts? Was this recent? As for JD he is one of my favorite people in all of golf, I love watching him and seeing him do well. Tiger said it himself once, that John Daly is the most talented guy in the game of golf and if he committed himself there is no telling what this guy can do. When Daly won the PGA in 91 at Crooked Stick he donated approx 30,000 of his winnings to a family nearby because one of the family members had been struck by lightning. I dont know the full story on that but I know that is what he donated. Watching him and Tiger in that playoff either last year or the year before (cant remember when), when Daly missed that three footer, that was awesome to watch them two. Anyway I hope he does well, most golf fans love this guy.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Another missed cut by John, that's 3 out of 4 this year!
T-Bone Marshall
in my bag

When did Ford pay off his gambling debts? Was this recent? As for JD he is one of my favorite people in all of golf, I love watching him and seeing him do well. Tiger said it himself once, that John Daly is the most talented guy in the game of golf and if he committed himself there is no telling what this guy can do. When Daly won the PGA in 91 at Crooked Stick he donated approx 30,000 of his winnings to a family nearby because one of the family members had been struck by lightning. I dont know the full story on that but I know that is what he donated. Watching him and Tiger in that playoff either last year or the year before (cant remember when), when Daly missed that three footer, that was awesome to watch them two. Anyway I hope he does well, most golf fans love this guy.

'05 WGC invitational i believe, very entertaining stuff to watch Daly go shot for shot with Tiger. Unfortunate it ended like it did.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I find John Daly really repulsive. I wouldn't want to hang around with him; I wouldn't want to play golf with him. I'd be afraid he'd have a heart attack, and he'd blame me for it!!

The greatest golfer in the history of the 1300 block of Patricia Avenue!

I like John, hes just a regular joe. I heard that he is now concentrating on golf and thats it. I want to see him win more, now that he split up with his wife he can concentrate on putting and the short game more. I liked his show too, very funny.

I like John, hes just a regular joe. I heard that he is now concentrating on golf and thats it. I want to see him win more, now that he split up with his wife he can concentrate on putting and the short game more. I liked his show too, very funny.

I seriously doubt Long John is "concetrating of golf and thats it". My guess is he's concentrating on beer, booze, cigarettes and gluttony and probably a few other things. That being said, I like the guy and hope he does get his game back. I'm not betting the house on it, however.

As Erik Barzeski pointed out ealier, he is trying to reconcile with wife #4 which will not help his golf game at all. His personal life is still a mess. He needs to get his weight under control and this might be a great time to change that back breaking swing of his into a more fluid and reliable swing.

I'm still pulling for him and it's starting to feel like my love affair with the Raiders. I love them too even though I know they SUCK!
T-Bone Marshall
in my bag

He needs to get his weight under control and this might be a great time to change that back breaking swing of his into a more fluid and reliable swing.

From what Ive heard coming from JD himself, the swing actually helps his back because he says he feels more loose when he swings like he does. He says that when he tries to stop the club on the backswing, thats when he hurts his back. Seems odd, I know. He is currently tied for 33rd at Riviera, lets hope he makes the cut. He reminds me of Mike Tyson, what could have been. Although Tyson was way ahead in his sport then Daly is, but Daly has all the potential in the world.
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Looks like John will make his second cut of the year!
He fired a -1 in round one of the Nissan and a +1 in round two.
Todays round was a little shaky though with 3 birds, 2 bogeys and a double.
I hope he can hold it together......cheers

T-Bone Marshall
in my bag

JD currently tied for 14th at -6. Hes -3 today thru 6 holes. Good for him.

Note: This thread is 3262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!