IGNORED

Blades or Not???

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Blades or Cavities?

• Forged blade
    • Forged cavity
    • Cast cavity

since you get a taylormade discount you should consider RAC TP Blades..

-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------
Driver --Titleist 907D2 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
F.W. --Titleist 906F4 15.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
Irons --Mizuno MP-57 - Project X 6.0Wedges --Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold X100Putter --Cameron...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! How are they working for you? I was thinking about going with the classic MP-32s but I work for Adidas so I get a big discount on Taylor Made so I really cant decide.

I play with MP32s and can tell you, that for me, the Taylormade RAC MBs felt better. If I had not already made the investment, I would have those, instead.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

haha awesome yeah im in maryland so the wind up here isnt so bad. so you suggest the tp line or the rac blade i mean i can get a fully customized set of new r7 tp for around $440

thanks yeah i havent tried out the rac mbs yet but i will definitely give them a shot now, i appreciate the help. so how often do you play

its up to you..i can tell you that the r7 TP is the most played taylormade iron on tour..but sergio and a couple others hit the TP blades..do you work the ball alot?
-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------
Irons --Mizuno MP-57 - Project X 6.0Wedges --Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold X100Putter --Cameron...

thanks yeah i havent tried out the rac mbs yet but i will definitely give them a shot now, i appreciate the help. so how often do you play

every day haha

-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------

Im just starting to really getting into working the ball so i dont do it alot but when i want to or when i want to practice it i can. i just looked on my employee site and i dont think i can get the rac mbs on my discount on the r7 tp and the burner tp

i'd probably play the r7 tp. it sounds like its a good fit for you. forgiving..but workable.
-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------

Not to offend anyone out there, but if you can't work a cavity back, you have not practiced it much. I realize that you obviously cannot work a CB as much as a blade, but how much do you really need to work the ball? I have been as low as a 1.4 HDCP and currently range about a 5 to 6. The forgiveness is a big thing with me. I have been playing the same CB's for 15 years and have had great success with them.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

Not to offend anyone out there, but if you can't work a cavity back, you have not practiced it much. I realize that you obviously cannot work a CB as much as a blade, but how much do you really need to work the ball? I have been as low as a 1.4 HDCP and currently range about a 5 to 6. The forgiveness is a big thing with me. I have been playing the same CB's for 15 years and have had great success with them.

im a 1.5 handicap and try to shape every shot i hit one way or another, i find my ballstriking improves when i draw a shot up in my mind and execute it
-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------

• 1 month later...
what's funny about every single golfer i know is that they all talk a big talk yet they can't swing for crap. Let's get real : you might have a good handicap but that doesn't mean you're a good golfer.

Most golfers aren't good athletes and no matter what kind of iron they're using, wheter it's a blade or cavity back, they're not going to do anything because they are physically and mentally limited to performing only so well.

• Administrator
what's funny about every single golfer i know is that they all talk a big talk yet they can't swing for crap. Let's get real : you might have a good handicap but that doesn't mean you're a good golfer.

Gee, aren't you Mr. Sunshine? I'm not sure who your comment was directed at or why you felt the need to share that opinion, but until you become a "good golfer" yourself, I'm not sure where you have much room to talk.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a set of Titleist DCI 990s that are sort of cavity-backed, but more shaped in a blade design. However, what's slightly odd is that for a blade, they're cast instead of forged (from 1999 or something)

Does anyone know any cast blades on the market? Since forged clubs constantly bend out of their proper lie angle due to the force of impact, wouldnt it be more to the golfer's advantage (cost wise) to play cast blades? I assume they dont bend out of shape over time the way forged clubs do, and thus wouldn't need to be re-tweaked all the time

Just wondering
In The Bag...

Nike Nike SQ SUMO 5000 9.5*(UST ProForce V2 Stiff)
Titleist 975F 13.5* (Dynamic Gold S300)
Titleist DCI 990 2-PW (Dynamic Gold S300)Nike Forged Unchromed 53*Nike Forged Chrome 60*Ping G2i Craz-e

I have a set of Titleist DCI 990s that are sort of cavity-backed, but more shaped in a blade design. However, what's slightly odd is that for a blade, they're cast instead of forged (from 1999 or something)

http://www.kittyhawkgolf.com/golf_eq...rons-p-64.html They happen to be cast blades...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have sets of all three types and they all work well, or course blades look better in the bag but I'd rather have forgiveness as most of the time I'm just playing so-so. Blades are great if you're on top of your game, but how often does that happen?

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

If you have time to practice (and assuming that you have solid fundamentals), then blade might be a good choice
my preference would be something like MP57, something in between as I want something that feels good and yet not so penal like a blade :)

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

I voted Forged Cavity because Blended sets like I use weren't an option on the poll. I now play the Titleist ZB irons and love the fact that I still have the help of a cavity in my long irons, but also now enjoy the superior soft feeling of a blade in my short irons. I went from the 695CB's to the ZB's and while the difference isn't huge, its distinct especially in the scoring irons. I would imagine that most single digit handicappers hit their short irons well, so I don't really see the downside to a blended set. Seems to me that its the best of both worlds.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

I am guessing you are young man that is limited in the different people he meets. Maybe a student ready to embark on this world. To make a bold statement like that, you must have something to back it up with. Almost all of my friends are athletes, and quite good golfers. Heck, we played with 4-5 Bucs that live in our neighborhood and most of them are very passionate about their golf. To say someone "isnt going to do well, because they are mentally limited" is a good one. It clearly shows how limited you really are.

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!