IGNORED

Ping G15

Note: This thread is 4155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

just got it and hit it today for the first time.

love this driver. everything feels right and looks right when setting up... anyone else hit this driver?

i got a couple 280 ...consistently around 260-270...a bit on the short end but first day out with it.

let me know what your takes are with this driver. so far, i'm in love with it

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by bruizer

i have the 9 degree with aldila serrano shaft and hit it well. looking for a new shaft as i am hitting it to high. what shaft is in yours

cool.

well i'm frustrated as all heck right now. this is the 3rd driver i've changed in the past 2 months.

driver 1: ping G15 10.5 stiff shaft

driver 2: ping K15 10.5 regular shaft

driver 3: ping G15 9.0 regular shaft

i'm hitting the 9 degree now with the stock regular shaft and although i hit it straight as straight can be...i'm hitting it 250 max. i'll sneak in a 260 maybe..i think... but  240-250 seems to be average.

the thing that is frustrating is...i'm a player in the 80s...sometimes low, sometimes how...inconsistent with a few clunks along the way...like 2 bad holes where i double and sometimes even a triple...but hitting my driver only 240-250 is comedic. it's a full on joke.

i use to hit it farther with my titileist 5 years ago. i just can't seem to figure it out...i think my swing is better, my friends tell me my set up is square and solid and my swing looks good...i don't overswing ...i've really been working hard on my swing...but i've lost all my distance! idk if it's the ball i'm playing or my shaft or what but when i hit it good and straight and "far"...it only goes about 250! i can't figure it out.

i still like this driver, the feel and the look when i set up, just fits to my eye...but the other part, i can't figure out

I'm playing the G15 too, 9° loft, Stiff Aldila Serrano.  Couldn't be happier.  When hit on the sweetspot, you can just feel the ball compress and explode of the face.  And I love that sound !  Furthermore, I haven't seen or heard any drivers I would want to trade it in for !  Could be tempted to get a G20 if trackman says I hit it significantly further and straighter though ;-)

And I don't hit it any further then you !  But isn't that enough (offcourse im only 18 hcp) ?  I usually outdrive or equal everyone I play with, also the people that claim to hit 300+ on a regular basis, they always seem to have a really really bad driving day when they play with me.

Originally Posted by Drew Chung

just got it and hit it today for the first time.

love this driver. everything feels right and looks right when setting up... anyone else hit this driver?

i got a couple 280 ...consistently around 260-270...a bit on the short end but first day out with it.

let me know what your takes are with this driver. so far, i'm in love with it

awesome...

well, my 2 friends outdrive me by about 30 to 60 yards if we equally hit it good. that's huge. i'm driving it 230 to 250 and they're hitting it 260-280. that's a big difference and they both hit that consistently well.

i went out and shot the best score in a long time yesterday with the proforce shaft ping rapture... shot an 81...i was even going into 9 and ended up tripling that hole. but although i played and scored well...i was still being out driven by one of my friends by at least 50 yards. idk...maybe i should just get over it

Originally Posted by bcgolf

I'm playing the G15 too, 9° loft, Stiff Aldila Serrano.  Couldn't be happier.  When hit on the sweetspot, you can just feel the ball compress and explode of the face.  And I love that sound !  Furthermore, I haven't seen or heard any drivers I would want to trade it in for !  Could be tempted to get a G20 if trackman says I hit it significantly further and straighter though ;-)

And I don't hit it any further then you !  But isn't that enough (offcourse im only 18 hcp) ?  I usually outdrive or equal everyone I play with, also the people that claim to hit 300+ on a regular basis, they always seem to have a really really bad driving day when they play with me.

I have 10.5° with Aldila NVS 65 stiff shaft. Loving the sound and feel!

Ping G15 10.5° Driver with Aldila NVS 65-S 
Ping G15 15.5° 3 wood
Adams: IDEA A3 3H, (A7)4H, 5H, 6, 7, 8, 9 irons, PW
Cleveland:CG12 56°, 60°
Nike: IC 20-10 Putter

• 1 year later...

I recently acquired a Ping G15 driver from a fellow golfer. It is 10.5 loft with reg shaft. The shaft is a tfc 169 Tour Reg, not a 149 that is standard with G15's.I asked him where he got it and has it been re-shafted. He got it from a pro-shop and didn't know about re-shaft. Anyway, I took it as he gave me a really good deal on it. Took it out to the range and was really surprised. It doesn't know anything except straight down fairway and long. I had read reviews of guys who thought the launch was too high. The ball-flight for me is just right. I had been hitting the Rapture 10.5 with "By-You" regular shaft out to about 210. Now I can hit 225 fairly consistently. I'm nearly 70 yrs old and play "Geezer-Golf" so you young flexible guys bear with me. My swing speed is still in the 90's but have been working on slowing my swing down a bit for accuracy's sake. I'm going to take it and my Rapture down to Golf Galaxy and compare numbers on the two drivers. All in all, I couldn't be happier with the G15 and the Rapture is my back-up club, now.

I've got a G10, and honestly can say I haven't found anything longer for me yet. I haven't tried 9* drivers yet, though, as it would be like comparing apples to oranges. Though with where my launch has gotten to after improving my swing, I'm definitely looking around. Also, what's wrong with 250 driving distance? Anyways, I would guess maybe your ballstriking is off with a shaft that doesn't fit your swing. Either that, or you could touch up your short game and approach shots. I'd go into a golf shop to get your SS measured, as well as try many different shafts to see what works. If a previous driver worked well, you can always use the shaft that was in it as a baseline for what you know is a performer for you, or at least what used to work well. I doubt it's the clubhead, unless it's a counterfeit, but it's fairly likely that a regular shaft is too soft for a swing that is giving you 250 yards. I would assume, based on the fact that Ping stock shafts are generally 1 flex softer than they say they are, that your drives are all carry, with very little roll? This, as well as ballooning shots, would be a sign of a too soft shaft.

My bag:

Driver: G10 10.5* w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

3 Wood: G10 w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

18* and 21* hybrids: G10 with Pro Launch Red Stiff 

4-PW: Ping Eye 2 Irons w/ Reg GS 95 

56* and 60*: Tour-S Rustique Wedges w/ Stiff KBS Tour 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 

• 1 month later...

My son has a G15 9 degree with Serrano Regular Flex.  He says it is his easiest to hit driver, he tends to hit it pretty high compared to his 8.5 degree 2.0 Superfast TP with RIP Phenom Regular.  He finds that the G15 is easier to draw or hit straight.

I have a G15 10.5 degree that I re-shafted with a stiff Aldila NV. It's a great club, plenty long when you put a good swing on it, and forgiving when you miss the sweet spot. I've had it in the bag for about a season and a half, and won't be changing anytime soon. Same with my G15 4 wood. Ping makes terrific woods.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Note: This thread is 4155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!