IGNORED

discouraged upset embarrassed

Drew Chung
Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shanker

This game of GOLF is all mental, just when you think you got it, NOPE.

My favorite quote on this is from Bruce Lietzke (approximate):  "When I first came out on the tour, they told me the game was 90% mental.  Now that I've been out here 20 years, I can tell you that it's 100% mental."

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

^^^^^^

That is so true!

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

About 95% true.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When you think of it, we're swinging something 3-4 feet long at 85+ miles per hour trying to hit something the size of a dime.  It's really a testament to how powerful our minds are that we can do it fairly consistently.  Give yourself a break.  As Moe Norman says, "What do you have to lose?  A lousy golf ball."  Shake it off.  It only feels like a big deal.  It's not really.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by Drew Chung

yes, my clubs (titleist 990 DCI's) are tuff to hit, there just like blades but with a cavity back...but still, shanking it like a noob?

Your clubs should never be tough to hit. You should always be playing with clubs you are comfortable with. Why are you playing with them, because you think you should?  I'm 32, and I still play with the clubs i had in high school... wish i could change them but i can't afford to. But when i can afford it, I'll be getting comfy clubs!

Originally Posted by JCoop

I don't understand you people! 96 would be an excellent score! Well, for me, anyway. Here's to a 96!

I think that doing poorly at something you normally do well can be a positive experience. It does something to you mentally so that next time you don't take playing well for granted. You'll play great next time out if you play for love of the game and not for the score.

Just ask Rory!

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I hate to quote a baseball movie but "Some days you win, some days you lose, and some days... it rains." (Bull Durham)

If this game were easy we would all be playing another sport (and cussing less). So take your medicine and realize that it was just one round, and round your handicap will soon forget, and keep at it.

Coop

To echo the sentiments of others - that's golf.

I can totally relate on the shanks, though.  I've battled them for years now.  A random one always comes out of no where and then it seems like it takes me about a week to get rid of them...and I've been golfing legitimately for 13 years or so.

yeah, i feel you on the embarrassed and discouraged business.  i joined a golf league about two months ago, just a fairly informal local league, no big deal, and i'd been shooting about 9 over on average when we'd play, but yesterday i just came completely unglued and shot 14 over.  for NINE holes.  my driving was actually pretty spot-on, but my short game was just Gone.  i managed five pars in a row after the turn, but then slipped on back into bogeys and doubles after that.  it was pretty hideous and embarrassing.  shot a 93 for the course  when normally i'd be around 80-85.

Just be happy that you are able to golf, alot of people can't. Your bad round shouldn't hurt your overall handicap unless you keep shooting such a high score 10 times in a row. And if that happens, you have a legit reason to get upset and rant. Why don't you purposely try to shoot worse? I heard it helped some people...

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

It is funny... when people are just starting out, they are just happy to be playing. But the second they catch on to the game they seem to feel like the game owes them something and they get pissed about a blow up round.

There is a saying... I'd rather cry in my BMW than smile on my bicycle...

I guess to me.. I'd rather smile with my 23 handicap than cry with an 8 handicap.

taylormade.gif R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gif Baffler 2h
 JPX 800 Pro 4-PW  *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gif CG14 52* /  MP T-10 56* /  callaway.gif Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gif Spider Ghost /  Z Star Yellow

Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!