IGNORED

Nickent

Note: This thread is 4592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well they now have a website again

www.nickentgolf.com

They only have hybrids, irons and putters. Be interesting to see if they bring out some drivers.

I'm thinking about picking up a 4DX ( only $49.99 ) of rockbottom.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

They are now a Dick's Sporting Goods brand.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

The 4dx is a solid driver and they were offered with some decent shaft choices (UST V2's, etc.).  I did the same thing back in May, bought it from Rockbottom for $69 (I got the one with the swappable shaft hossel) not the CYG hossel.  When I hit it flush it goes nicely, but I opted for a senior flex shaft which leads to more dispersion than I would like.

Last week I bought the Callaway FT-IQ that rockbottom is currently selling.  After 1 range session today the 4dx is out of the bag.

Not knocking the 4dx, the FT-IQ just works better for my swing.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I already own the original 4dx but for $49, I bought a 9* Evolver with a Pershing shaft from RBG. Took it to the range today and was very pleased with the way it performed. Only had time to play a couple of holes, but I was banging it out there past my old one. I guess the shaft is more suited for me over the Aldila NV in my older model.

Will put in play tomorrow against my buddies.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Originally Posted by MSDOGS1976

I already own the original 4dx but for $49, I bought a 9* Evolver with a Pershing shaft from RBG. Took it to the range today and was very pleased with the way it performed. Only had time to play a couple of holes, but I was banging it out there past my old one. I guess the shaft is more suited for me over the Aldila NV in my older model.

Will put in play tomorrow against my buddies.

What is loft of original 4DX and is it an Evolver?

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Originally Posted by mlf16507

What is loft of original 4DX and is it an Evolver?

The original is not an Evolver(glued in shaft) and is a 9* as is my new Evolver.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• 2 months later...

I find the 4DX to be a consistent driver. Not the longest for me, but it's surprisingly forgiving (surprising since it looks so traditional). I replaced a stock SR3 shaft with a 77g Proforce V2 and that did the trick for me. I think with a smoother shaft I would get more distance though.

Note: This thread is 4592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!