IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I had been recommended the burner but for the extra cost i was looking at the cheaper r7 425 (as my wife's buying it as a Christmas present so will go crazy if i was looking at a circa £200 club - the r7 425 is only £129 at the moment).

The 425 is awesome!! But i would go check all of them out at the pro shop and find which is best for you

driver - TM r7 425 10.5* Purple Ice Stiff
3 wood - TM r7 TP 15* reg. flex fij. vista pro
7 wood - Cally Big Bertha 21* proforce stiff
4 hybrid - TM Mid 22* reg. ultralight fij.5 hybrid - Nickent 3dx Ironwood 26* fij. banzia stiff irons - Ping eye 2+ 4, 6-pw kt-m stiff wedges - Ping tour 54*...

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always live and die by the R7 425 driver from Taylormade. It's the only driver I've been able to hit consistently in terms of distance, feel, control and playability. Better than Callaway, Nike, Ping and all others. Funny thing, even tour pros that don't endorse other companies use Taylormade drivers.

Cleveland HiBore 10.5*

I know it's not ultra-popular, but it works well for me, it's miles better than the hunk of junk that came with my set of clubs, and I got a great deal on it. Plus it's got an addictive sound.

I will always live and die by the R7 425 driver from Taylormade. It's the only driver I've been able to hit consistently in terms of distance, feel, control and playability. Better than Callaway, Nike, Ping and all others. Funny thing, even tour pros that don't endorse other companies use Taylormade drivers.

thanks for the advice. Is the 425 head noticeably smaller than the 460?

I know people recommend going to a fitter but i've been to around 4 shops and they all only sell the latest models which are obviously far more than i'd want to spend at this time. With the great offers on the r7 425 i was hoping that it's be a good buy to start me off.

thanks for the advice. Is the 425 head noticeably smaller than the 460?

I was reading from other posts that the 460 sometimes have loose particles in the head that rattle. Is that something that others have heard or experienced? Also...as I posted on another forum string...I am also trying to figure out whether to get a 425 or 460.

• 2 weeks later...
I use the Tour Edge Exotics 9 degree driver with stiff Grafalloy Blue shaft. By far the best driver I've ever hit and is 15 yards longer than my old TM 425 TP.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics 9* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Shaft
3 Wood: Titleist 906F2 15* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
5 wood: Taylor Made V Steel 18* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
Hybrid: Nickent Hybrid 3 iron with DG S300 Steel Shaft
Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW...

i currently have a Titleist 907D2 w/ ProForce v2 76g stiff flex in the bag. for me it is a fairway hitting machine. i also love the lower penetrating ball flight it gives me.
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

I still love my Titleist 975-D. When it was new, it was HUGE, now it is small by comparison. The new drivers today look like a basket ball on a stick. I hate the way they look, how they setup, and how they "resist" the air as I swing them. The trend will settle down, and smaller driver heads will be back, just like "Bell Bottoms".......

• 2 weeks later...
TM Burner 9.5
It's a missile launcher. Absolutely not argument to it. The only downside to me is the draw bias. I didn't notice it when I was demoing it but it shows on the course.

I have a 905T 9.5 but just received a Burner 9.5 that I'm anxious as all hell to try!

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I just picked up a Cleveland Launcher 460Ti Offset. It has helped alot in fixing my slice. It has turned it into a very controllable fade.

In the bag:
Driver: Launcher TiO460
Fairway woods: Launcher
Hybrid: Slingshot 23*
Irons: TA4 4-9,P,DWedge: 588 56* sand, 60* lobPutter: White Hot XG

I love my Taylormade Burner. On my occasional mis-hit I still get good distance.

Pros:
Great Feel
Easy workability
Extra distance

Cons:
I cant out drive Tiger!!!!

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

Adams RPM-it's old, but does the job well.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I bought a Callaway FT-5 this past summer and love it. I had a Titleist 983K before. I now carry the ball as far as I used to hit it (including roll).

It's also much more forgiving, but let's be honest about this - it's several years newer and is much larger at 460cc while the Titleist was around 380cc (I think).

I have the r7 425................but check this out---the longest driver ever made was the titleist 983K....I swear that thing is juiced

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Note: This thread is 4200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!