IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I have a Titleist 905S, which i got during the winter so I am yet to play a round with it, but I did hit it during a demo day last year and hit it quite well, and the few shots I have taken in my yard have been nice.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed a TM R7 425 10.5deg last weekend and hit 12 fairways (86%). I love the look and feel of this design. Very easy to hit in the sweet spot and gives good distance without feeling like I need to overswing. So I am trying the SuperQuad 9.5 this weekend. I hit it at the range today and it looks like I'll get a nice trajectory with more carry and net yardage than with the 425.

The standard set-up was producing too much loft with the superquad, so I moved the heavier weights forward and sure enough the trajectory came down nicely.

I borrowed a TM R7 425 10.5deg last weekend and hit 12 fairways (86%). I love the look and feel of this design. Very easy to hit in the sweet spot and gives good distance without feeling like I need to overswing. So I am trying the SuperQuad 9.5 this weekend. I hit it at the range today and it looks like I'll get a nice trajectory with more carry and net yardage than with the 425.

I played 45 holes this weekend with the Superquad. I'm not sure I am hitting it any farther than the 425, but it is pretty clear the R7 design is remarkable. I pulled and pushed a couple, but the vast majority were in the fairway and respectably long for my "old man" swing. I hit it on 35 holes and hit 74% of the fairways.. with only one actual slice, and I really had to over-swing and cut across it to make that happen. This is the easiest driver to hit straight I've ever swung. It has a slight draw bias in the design and I hit a few down the left side, so I moved the weights to negate the draw bias and the solid hits went dead straight. I like it!

My Bobby Jones driver by Jesse Ortiz is the best money I've ever spent on a club. I hit almost all of the other big name clubs when I was shopping but the Bobby Jones just seems like it was made for me. It's changed my game and made golf a lot more fun!!

"Just hit the freakin' ball."

In my bag:
-Some Chapstick
-A couple of smelly gloves-Some broken tees-Assorted golf balls-A sharpie-Some money-Sunscreen-Numerous ball markers-Bug Repellant-some band-aids-Kamen Rider!

I currently use the r7 425 tp. This club has to be the best club i have ever used, i've tried the new superquad, raptures..you name it i tried it. anyways i think this is a keeper for a while.
I use to use the titleist 905t with a blue. not a bad club but doesnt compare to the 425

Have the 905T, but for some reason have the desire to go back to the 983E. Just liked this club much more overall.
Driver: Bridgestone J33R 460 10.5*
3 Wood: Sonartec NP-99 14*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black 19*
Irons: Mizuno MP-58 4-PWWedges: Nike SV 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty CameronBall: Srixon Z Star

Yeah, alot of my friends didnt like any of the 905s either, what shaft do you play in your 905? personnally the blue with a bore-through was a little boardy and stiff but i liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
I just hung up my PING G2 15.5* for theCleveland HiBpre XL 10.5*. I had my Ping cut down to 44", and I was ready to get the length back. That being said, I love the newn HiBore XL, but it sure has taken some getting used to. The lower loft especially has proved to be a bit of an obstacle. I used to bitch that my Ping driver wasted to much energy up in the air, and now this one is way "worm burner". (although it still goes about 220-230 yards). Who knows, one day I'll figure it all out.

driver:G2 graphite reg flex
FW:HiBore 3w, G2 7w
Irons:: x20, 4-pw steel shaft uniflex
wedges: SW and GW, steel reg
Putter: G5 Craz-eBalls:Callaway HX Hot

I use the TaylorMade R7 460...before that a different R7 460 that I broke the head, before that R7 425...I like the consistency of this driver

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

I use a Ping G2 with the green Aldila NV-65 regular shaft since last summer. It almoust cost me 175€, but it was a new one. I'm hitting it about 250m in most cases, sometimes up to 320m.

I was using a Nike SQ Tour 9.5 last year. But I absolutely hated it. I lost about 15 yards with it and I never seemed to find the fairway. Now I switched to a TM R7 Super Quad. I've regained the lost yardage and I'm finding more fairways!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

I was using a Nike SQ Tour 9.5 last year. But I absolutely hated it. I lost about 15 yards with it and I never seemed to find the fairway. Now I switched to a TM R7 Super Quad. I've regained the lost yardage and I'm finding more fairways!

Didn't you post somewhere on here that you normally hit a 7 iron 180? If so, how far do you average with a driver and what length do your bombs go? (I might have to start eating buffalo meat from Montana)

Last year I was using a Tour Edge Bazooka OS, I really like it. But this year I'm using a Nike Sasquatch (the original) because bigger is better.
My dad is using a Taylormade 580XD for 4 years, I thing, and he told me all the time, it is the best driver ever made !!!

Driver: Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5*
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Sasquatch
3H 4-SW: Nike Ignite
Wedge: Wilson Harmonized 60*
Putter: Nike Ignite 001

I use a Callaway Big Bertha "C4".

its a monster. kinda lame and restricts distance but its fine for me it has wonderful accuracy. and the sound is amazing. not this annoying "ping!" that we hear from every driver in the universe.

In the bag:
Driver -Callaway Big Bertha "C4"
Irons -Callaway Big Bertha 06
Putter -Odyssey White Steel
Ball -Top Flite D2 and Callaway Big Bertha

I'm actually afraid to use Callaway drivers because of the way the shaft is drilled straight through the hosel to the bottom of the clubhead--I've broken two drivers because of that, and if I was demoing a club and it broke...well, I'd get stuck with the bill, and that wouldn't be fun.

I'm currently using a Ben Hogan CS3 driver, fitted with an Aldila NV shaft, but I think the thing's too stiff--I'm not getting much range with it, perhaps 200-220 yards, tops. (Although recently I've nailed 260+, I lose accuracy when I do.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I'm using the Srixon W-506 driver 9.5* with a stiff Graffaloy Pro Launch Blue shaft. I fell in love with Srixon while using the 403 irons. Just recently upgraded from the 302 driver to the 506. The club looks great at address and I'm consistently hitting the ball around 275 -280. not as forgiving as other clubs but will take a draw if I get my swing working right. If you chance by a retailer who actually carries Srixon products give them a try. You won't be dissapointed.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Note: This thread is 4023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!