IGNORED

Which hybrid do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to hybrids? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Sonartec anyone??, After I played TM rescue 16 and 19 degree for a while, I bought the sonartec MD 19 degree, nice club less ballooning then the TM's and a nice shaft, ust irod. I use it instead of a 5 wood. There is a good review on the MD at this site.

romdom

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavenwood 3H (see signature)...I love this club as I can easially stoke it out there around 230 off the tee if a tight fairway or I am struggling off the tee that day with any other club. It also plays well from anywhere like the tee, fairway and rough. I also like the but for now I am staying with my Heavenwood.

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I use 21d and 24d Ping Rapture hybrids in place of 3 and 4 irons. I haven't hit many other hybrids, but I like the Raptures alot. They feel really good when you strike a good ball and are pretty forgiving on mishits. The only downside is cost--I had these clubs custom built and they cost me about $225 per club.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

It's in my signature

Gear
Driver: G10 10,5° - regular flex
3-Wood: Burner Steel 15°
Hybrids: Benross V5 Escape 20°/3, 23°/4
Irons: Benross VX Combo OS 5i-SWGap Wedge: CG12 52° chrome finishLob Wedge: SM60.08 oil can finishPutter: White Hot XG #5AccessoriesStand Bag: GROMCart Bag: RC08-1Trolley: Big...

I still don't have one. My 3 iron is my favorite club in my bag and I can't find a hybrid I would replace either my 3I or 5W with. I think I'm one of the last golfers out there without one.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Nike Slingshot Tour 18 degree, great club.

My bag:

Driver: Cobra AMP 9.5 degree w/ GD6 stiff flex shaft

3 Wood: Ping Anser 14.5 degree THC-800 stiff flex shaft

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19 degree Mitsubishi Kiani Blue stiff flex shaft

Irons: Nike Pro Combo Tour 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Wedges: Titleist Bob Vokey 52-8, 56-11 and 60-4

Putter: 2-Ball White Steel, 34" bent 1 degree flat

i dont carry a hybrid as i can hit my Nike NDS 3 iron well and every time i try a hybrid i hit it really high and have no control over it

In the Bag
9.5 Titleist 905R driver UST Proforce
Mizuno T Zoid 5 Wood
Nike NDS Irons 3-PW
52,60 taylormade Rac TP black
56 Vokey
Yes Tracy 2 Putterally high and have no control over it

Adams a2 OS
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

nike cpr3, favorite club in the bag

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

This is actaully a really funny coincidence. I went to a local course today that has a really good pro shop with great deals on used/demo clubs. I was actaully looking at the Taylormade rescue mid. I asked if I could take it out the the range and hit it. It felt so smooth, and it was only $60, so I decided to get it. It actaully felt even nicer then my nike that I previously had. So scratch that I had a nike cpr3, its now a TM rescue mid 19*.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

I'm using an old TM Rescue-Mid 22* which is being reshafted right now with a 85g Proforce V2. I use it to replace my 3 & 4 irons. (I carry 4 wedges) TM is the standard in hybrids in my opinion-easy to hit, nice trajectory and they don't play like a fairway wood to me.

I'm usually a Callaway man, but I've never liked the looks/feel of any of their hybrids.

I demoed the Adams Idea Pro the other day with the VS By You shaft and man that thing is pretty nice.

Is anybody using the new Titleist 585h? Can't find one to demo. I'd like to know what any of you can tell me about it.

After hitting just about every hybrid from the major manufacturers I had it narrowed down the Cobra Baffler DWS and the Cleveland HiBore. Eventually decided on the Baffler DWS 18* and 20* with the Nippon steel shafts. I only got a chance to hit the HiBore in the graphite shaft and I prefer steel so I went with the option that I had a chance to hit in steel and loved it. It didn't make sense for me to take a chance on the HiBore that I didn't get to make a direct comparison.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

Perfect Golf Perfect Club 21*

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Ping G5s 16* and 19* (2H,3H)

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

I just switched to a 20 degree Adams Idea A2 with an Aldila NV stiff shaft in it and I love it. Found it on the used rack for $50 and I hit it better than any hybrid I've ever owned.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-3 10° Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 15° Purple Ice 75 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 19° YS-6+ StiffHybrid: Idea A2 20° Aldila NV 85 StiffIrons: Silver Scot Forged MB 4-PW, Rifle 6.0 ShaftsGap Wedge: Silver Scot Forged 52Sand/Lob Wedge: Vokey SM 58.12 Put...

When I bought a hybrid, I only tried two of them, the cobra baffler and the Callaway. I choose the Callaway X, 20 degree. I love the feel and the sound of it. It has been a very reliable club for me.

I havn't hit the hi bore but after talking to several people, it seems like you either love it or hate it.

Has anyone swung or have any feedback on the Bobby Jones hybrid?
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!