IGNORED

Which hybrid do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to hybrids? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Taylormade Dual TP 19* and Taylormade Dual 16*. Used to have Cleveland Hi Bores 16* and 19* but found the Taylormade hybrids more playable for me.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a System Q 4H. I'm just starting out again after 15 years and that's what brand my uncle made for me. Once I consistently shoot in the mid 80's, I'll get a new set from a major manufacturer.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

I use a Cleveland Hybrid with DG Regular shaft 23 degree that replaced my 4 iron.
Its great, easy to hit and lands softly.

I also used a TM dual 23 degree with weights that I played for awhile and hit a memorable shot from the bunker on the 18 hole to stick it for a tap in birdie.

My buddy just recently is using 2 older TM hybrid that makes it an unfair advantage, he chokes up on both clubs and can hit a variety of shorter distances with ease.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Earlier this year, I had 2 hybrids in my bag (TM Rescue Mid 22 and 25 degrees) to replace my 3, 4 and 5 irons. Mid summer I got some new cavity back irons (Cleveland CG4's) to replace my forged blades (Mizuno MP29's) and because I was hitting the 5 and 4 irons so well I decided to temporarily retire my hybrids.

A few months of playing and a small swing change later I have been playing very well of late and have reduced my handicap in half since the start of the year (12 vs 6). Swinging great and lots of confidence has inspired me to replace my 5 wood with a 2 hybrid. Just got it this past weekend and it was 50% off! Titleist 585h. See my signature for all specs. Looking forward to my next round! Hopefully the weather cooperates so I can get one last round in before the year is over.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

I own several tour edge exotics hybrids a cb2 and an iron wood. I find them to be a true hybrid instead of a hybrid that looks ans acts like a wood! The Mizuno mp fli hi hybrid iron is also very very nice and relatively cheap!

In My Bag: Callaway Birdies for the brave Org.14 Camo Cart bag
Driver:Ping Rapture V2 w BB R flex, Calaway Tour Diablo with Voodoo R flex
3-Wood:Tour Edge CB2 3 Wood w/ UST v2 75 fairway shaft
Hybrid: Mizuno MX 700 20*, 23* MR Javolyn Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP 200's S300' shafts Wedges: Mizuno MP-T...

I love to hit my 3-5 irons, but dang hybrids are alot easier to hit, so I have a TM mid 4 hybrid, and a Nickent 3dx 5 hybrid, I still keep the 3 iron in the bag just incase I need to hit a lowshot to get out of trouble or something like that.

driver - TM r7 425 10.5* Purple Ice Stiff
3 wood - TM r7 TP 15* reg. flex fij. vista pro
7 wood - Cally Big Bertha 21* proforce stiff
4 hybrid - TM Mid 22* reg. ultralight fij.5 hybrid - Nickent 3dx Ironwood 26* fij. banzia stiff irons - Ping eye 2+ 4, 6-pw kt-m stiff wedges - Ping tour 54*...

Alien. Maraging steel is the deal.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Cleveland Halo 2i 15 Degrees with a Aldila NV65 Stiff shaft, besides my Vokey Spin milled lob wedge, its my favorite club in the bag. How could you not love a club that you can power out of 6 inch rough, hit out of a fairway bunker, or use as a fringe chipping club... they are truly "utility irons" anyone that doesnt have one needs to buck up and get one.

What's in my bag:
R9 SuperTri 10.5 Aldila Voodoo SNV6/S
909F2 15.5 Diamana Blue Board 65g/S
909F2 18.5 Diamana Blue Board 65g/S
AP2 3-PW ProjectX 5.5 Vokey Spin Milled 54 & 60 S300 Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
I use a Taylormade Rescue Mid and it is great. It is very forgiving and goes long. My only con is that sometimes I can hook it due to a slight draw bias in the clubhead. I should has got the TP version but I didn't want to spend the extra money.

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

I currently own three hybrids and don't really use any of them: Callaway X 2H and 4H and a TM Rescue Burner 19*. Of the 3, the Callaway X 2H is the one I hit best (205 carry, 225 net) but it can slice and the trajectory is deemed too low by my instructor.

After a fitting, I'm told that I need something with just a shade of offset and more of a hi launch shaft and had the Mizuno Clk Hi fli 20* and/or 23* recommended. Alternatively, a Baffler DWS.

I'm completely undecided. Recently, I've started to get some 4i consistency (195 carry, 205 net) and straight(ish) or mishits to the left. I might shelve the hybrid issue for a while.

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

• 5 weeks later...
585H 17* w/ NV85. Love it.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

none, i use custom made club with triangle shaft from Dakoda.(not stulz)
pretty expensive, but definately better than others. People think that its made in china
well, stulz is but Dakoda is handmade and NOT from china, so it really fits good. try it, its good

Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!