IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I have used a lot of different irons, Cobra, Snake Eyes, Ram, etc. but I really like my Taylormade LT2 irons. They are quite forgiving with not too much offset and they have a thinner top line and sole. They play well and look good at setup.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ping G5 and Eye 2 combo. I laid off for 3 years and have some hand problems. The G5's are working for me but it is near impossible to work the ball.

Driver, G20
Fairway, G20 3W
Fairway, G20 5W
Hybrid, i20
Irons & Wedges, i20

Sand Wedge, Eye 2

Putter, Redwood Piper S

I have a set of Titleist 822OS (Graphite - Regular) right now but I'm looking to get a set of Callaway X-20s.

Before the Titleist set, I used a Clone set of Nike Slingshots. My dad made me that set and I'll keep them forever.

In My Bag: 10.5 Staff (cart) - (stand)

Driver - FT-i - (11 degree Speeder)

3 wood - Sasquatch - (Diamana)5 wood - Big Bertha - (Steel)4 hybrid - Rescue Mid clone - (Irod)Irons - DCI 822OS - (Graphite)Wedges - CG10 and CG11 Black PearlPutter - Heavy...

Taylormade R7's... they feeeeel ggreeeat!

Driver: G10 9* Matrix Ozik XCON6
Woods: i15 15.5*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Hybrids: i15 23*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red; i15 23* UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Irons: S57 5-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vintage Tour 52*; :eidolon: 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...
Switched to Titleist once I started playing alot and could not be happier. Love the way they look and feel. The best thing I did though was take them to someone to fit them for me. It made all the difference in the world. I highly suggest having your clubs bent or fitted for you no matter what they are.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

I use nike NDS irons now but when I get the money im goin to get some muzuinos

WHATS IN THE BAG?

Calloway 460cc Big Birtha driver
Nike NDS irons
Cleveland 54 degree wedgePing lob wedgeRIFE Martinique Island Series putter

I've got Titleist 735.CMs, and I wouldn't give them up for the world. I demoed 18 sets of irons before I bought these. By far the best irons I've ever had.

I have been playing the 735s for a month now. I am really happy with them. My wife picked them up after I recommended them to my friend. Sneaky.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Hahahah im using the Cougar PC3's which I still use from when I first started at the start of last year. Man i am getting so sick of them... I am thinking of buying the Wilson Staff Pi7 irons just because they look really nice and they are a mix between a blade and a cavity back.
Wilson Staff Tour Carry Bag:

Staff DD+6 10.5* Proforce V2 Reg
906F4 15.5* Aldila VS-Proto 'By You' 80S Reg585.H 19* Aldila VS-Proto 'By You' 80S RegStaff Ci7 4 - PW w TX 105 RegVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 52* Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56*Harmonized 60* Lob WedgeRossa Daytona 1

How come theres no option for Macgregor?!

I use the V-Foil M675 blades. I love them, the feel is just great. They're very workable, but also forgiving in the long irons (sort of a progressive set).

Just a fantastic set of irons, and they don't cost an arm and a leg either!
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

RAM FX Nickel blades

I took a lesson a few years ago and the pro highly suggested I get better clubs. I like them though. Can keep the ball down with them unlike PING cavity backs I used to use.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

I just picked up a set of Nickent 3dx hybrid irons. I know they aren't the latest and greatest, but for $400, they included a 3dx square driver.

I've hit about 600 balls the last three days at an indoor range, and so far I love them. The 3 and 4 DC Utility hybrids are unbelievable. I've never hit the ball so well.

Patrick

the cleveland hibore irons launch it so high that if you cant stick a green you must really have to be a bad golfer

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!