IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

I've always liked Ping putters, especially the classic Anser design. Pings have just the right amount of weight - Odyssey putter seem too light.

But, with that said, I recently reshafted an old Acushnet Bullseye John Reuter Jr. putter just for grins. I tried it on the course a couple of times, and guess what's in my bag as my main putter now? Not sure why it works so well for me, but I do find it easier to line up putts with the thin blade shape of the Bullseye as opposed to the modern "blade" putters with their heel & toe weights and bottom flanges. I also don't find a problem with distance control with the Bullseye, which was always said to be their main problem vs. the modern putter designs. Oh well, back to the future. But I don't plan on using hickory shafts or laminated woods though.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rossi Monza
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Odyssey 2-ball DFX putter (black insert). I have two of these, both cut down to 33 inches.

I really prefer the softer black insert. This putter has transformed me from an average to very good putter. My biggest weakness is that I simply am very poor at reading greens - even the course I have a membership to.

If I get inside of others on the green and get to watch, I am very good. Even with a putter as good as this, I have bad putting rounds. I really like this putter for 5-10 foot putts. This club basically swings itself.

Two other players in our group play the identical putter. One actually has his cut down to 33 inches. Talking about getting a good read when we pair up.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460
Fairway/Hybrid: 15 & 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility
Irons: MacGregor M565
Wedges: Cleveland 900 RTG 54 & 58 degreePutter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

I just bought an Odyssey Dual Force II and I LOVE IT!!!

Also, I bought a ZEVO putter recently from Golfsmith; I was there and I hit ever putter in the place. I was surprised by how much I didn't like some of the more expensive ones. For example, the $300 Titleist putters just felt horrible to me. I kept coming back to this ZEVO putter. When I looked at the price I expected it to be $150-$300 ( I had never heard of them before). Well to my surprise it was only $39.99 on sale for $19.99.

I snatched it up. I don't care if it's cheap, I love it.

My web design business

I went from a Taylor Made Imola Classic blade to an Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball, and the difference is huge. I had trouble with alignment with the blade (just a white dot on the topline of the blade) and was missing short putts by thismuch. Switched to the mallet, and I'm sinking breaking putts on occasion, and getting the long ones closer.

I would probably buy a putter a week if left to my own devices. I always find one that I test out and feels great. I think the faux greens in the Golfsmith store I go to are designed to make you sink everything.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

Yes! Tracy II, one of the best purchases ive made towards golf!

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

I currently use a Nike T130 and I've never putted better. I use a Seemore FGP around the livingroom to practice. I used to have a Scotty RedX2, but it was just too hot.

I want a newport 2 TEL3... the snow dots are pretty sick

currently searching for that on ebay

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I use a 35 inch 2 ball blade from Odyssey. They are unbelievable on slow green but on the faster greens they seem to be a hit or miss.

In the Sasquatch Tour Standbag
Driver: Hibore (10.5deg, Reg)
3 wood:Burner(22 deg, Reg)
4I-GW:FP Irons(Stiff)
Wedge:Satin Black( 60 deg, Stiff)Putter: 2 Ball BladeBall:HX Hot or ProV1xLowest score to date: 77 @ Pembroke Country Club

I want a newport 2 TEL3... the snow dots are pretty sick

It is a a "TeI3" (not "L") - might help the search on eBay...

I actually just got one refinished, and WOW is it B-E-A-U-TIFUL I'll get some pics up of it...
Currently in my titleist.gif X86 stand bag:

taylormade.gif R7 Superquad 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board); taylormade.gif R7 15*; titleist.gif 585H 21*, adams.gif ---*; --- 4-9 (KBS); vokey.gif [48*], 56*, 60* (SM); cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2 Midslant 34"

Ball - titleist.gif Pro V1X

I am using a Cougar putter that my mom bought years ago but she never used it. I love it. I can't stand the new mallet type putters, I like the blade feel and look of the old putters. It is lighter than most but that is a benefit for my putting stroke.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Yes! Tracy II ... such a dynamite little putter - i love it
What's In The Bag?
Driver: 975J 10.5*
3-Wood: F-50 13.5*
5-Wood: Launcher Steel 19*
Irons: DCi Gold 3-PWPutter: Tracy IISand Wedge: 56* CG10 2-Dot

I have an older Ping anser nickel I always loved. Lately I haven't been hitting it so I am gonna snag a Bettindari and a Cameron and see which one wins out.

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

Im using the Mizzy BC3 and absolutley love it. For me personally it gives me a great feel and the ball comes off the face at a perfect pace for my stroke. My speed control is great with it. Much better than it ever was with my old putters (white hot 2ball, ping anser 4, camerons too)

Odyssey Saber tooth im a horrible putter worst part of the Game for sure.. and for fathers day i hit a 40-50 foot put for birdie and then i hit a put for about 15-20 feet to save bogey so i would say best putter ive ever used lining up is Awesome with this thing odd look but Great putter. i would suggest it to everyone feel is awesome. as well is if you hit it any where on the face your safe

Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!