IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

Does anyone have any info on Odyssey's Black Series?
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased the 2-ball SRT and I love it. I have never had a putter that I was comfortable with until now. It has easily taken 5-6 strokes off of my round of golf. Unluckily, my lessons have added 10-12 strokes to my round so I am still worse than I was a month ago.

I still use an old Macgregor Golden Bear that was given to me by my father-in-law to use when I started playing. It's HUGE and I get a lot of grief from my playing partners about it.

But, when the putts fall I just tell them that "You don't mock the Golden Bear."

Burner 10.5° (Mitsu Fubuki 63TPR)
QuadPro 13° 3W (ProForce65 S-flex)
Snake Eyes Viper450 22° 7W (ProForce75 S-flex)
755 forged (Tri-Spec stiff)
Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56°/10° Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 62°/4° i-Series Half Moon Tour B330

I recently dumped my odessey blade for a new Heavy Putter B1 mallet. I love the feel and the weight helps me keep my stroke online. Plus I no longer riffle lag puts 5 feet by.

My Bag

Taylor Made: R580XD, Graffaloy Prototype Comp NT X
Callaway: Hawkeye VFT Pro 13*, Fujikura Vista Pro 70 S
Taylor Made: Rescue Mid TP 16*, Fujikura Vista Pro 90 STop Flite: Tour Grind 3-P, Rifle 5.0Cleveland: CG10 Black Pearl 54*Cleveland: Reg. 485 60*Heavy Putter: B1 malletT...

I recently dumped my odessey blade for a new Heavy Putter B1 mallet. I love the feel and the weight helps me keep my stroke online. Plus I no longer riffle lag puts 5 feet by.

+1 I have the A1-M Heavy Putter and I love it...all my short putts I used to miss are a thing of the past. The only change I have to make is if I have to make a putt over 25 feet I switch to a baseball grip and open my stance, which makes long two putts relatively stress free.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I got the Odyssey Tri-Ball SRT for fathers day and have loved it. The putter is significantly lighter than it looks. I never thought I would switch from a blade to a mallet but when I hit this thing in the store and the putts kept falling I couldn't resist moving it to the top of the wish list.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Never Compromise Milled Series #1. It was their premier putter last year, it's not too gimmicky, I like how it frames the ball and feels and I got a decent deal on it. Besides, I figured I'd just stay with the entire Cleveland line. Anytime I miss a putt it certainly isn't the putter's fault. Oh yeah, I got a 34 inch... the 35 is just too long.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Bobby Grace MK5 at the start of last season and brought my handicap down from 12 to 5.5. It is a kinda ugly looking thing but is very forgiving on off centre hits. You know when you have mis hit the put but the ball still rolls out on line and a similar distance.

I would love to play a fancy pants Cameron but I feel I would be giving shots back, its not how but how many, golf is a game of misses.

I got the Bobby Grace MK5 at the start of last season and brought my handicap down from 12 to 5.5. It is a kinda ugly looking thing but is very forgiving on off centre hits. You know when you have mis hit the put but the ball still rolls out on line and a similar distance.

I have the Bobby Grace 6.4K and I feel as you do; I would love to use a more traditional style, old school type putter just because I love the way they look ( indeed, I'm afraid I have a couple of Camerons gathering dust in my closet, along with a beautiful Bettinardi anser style - actually better looking than the Cameron newport ). But I seem to get the ball to the hole better with the Bobby Grace and, as one of my best friends says, " There's a reason they don't have pictures on scorecards."

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I use a Odyssey 2 ball White Hot, 35"

Was a fair bit cheaper than the newer 2ball with the insert, and is saving me a few shots here & there. Gets better each time I use it as I get used to it.

Would haev gone Scotty Cameron Studio Newport but it was twice the price and I am also looking to get a new driver so kept price reasonable

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I use an odyssey 2 ball srt 35 inches

i previously had a odyssey white hot xg #3

In my bag
R7 Draw 9
rescue mid 16
Nds 3-pw(no nine iron)
50 racspin milled 56 black nickel 60 2 ball srt ad333/Zurc

YES! callie c-groove, 35". but I wouldnt mind if it was 34". Looks nice, cool looing c-groove that rolls the ball very well. Rolls better than my teardrop putter. I highly recoment any c-grooved putter heads.

FOOOORE!!!

After spending a few hours knocking putters around Golf Galaxy last weekend I finally decided on the Yes! Tiffany. It looks a little funny but the alignment aid is the best I've ever used.

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

I have a Guerin Rife 2 Bar Blade...and love it. I really like the feel, the sound, the roll, and its resistance to twisting and miss hits. It's also really easy to line up. Can't think of any cons...can usually roll to within 2 ft, so no complaints.

Same here. Love it!

In My Bag:

Driver: Nike SQ tour 10.5° (Aldila NV 65S)
FW Woods: 4+ Cobra SZ, Stiff, 5 wood: Orlimar HipSteel 16°, Callaway X 21°, Stiff
Irons: Titleist DCI 822OS Nppon NS Pro950Wedges: Cleveland 900 54°/CG 10 60°Putter: Rife 2 bar offset blade putterBall: Callaway HX Tour primary but...

I just traded in my Ping Craz-e for a 34" Odyssey 2 Ball SRT, 2 degrees flat. I liked my Craz-e, but it was a bit long for me and sat a bit open at address. When getting fitted, the SRT had great feel, and just seems so easy to align. I got it yesterday (my only complaint was that it took 3 weeks to get it; I heard that last year Odyssey had some delivery problems because of volume of orders) and practiced with it for half an hour and love it.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 4096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!