IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

Currently using a Yes tracy 2 putter thats 32" and its just not right for me(had a Mizuno Widec which i loved) it thinking of getting a nike unitized or scotty cameron Any advice?

In the Bag
9.5 Titleist 905R driver UST Proforce
Mizuno T Zoid 5 Wood
Nike NDS Irons 3-PW
52,60 taylormade Rac TP black
56 Vokey
Yes Tracy 2 Putter

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone using Odyssey Marxman putter? Is it true you putt more easier? Odyssey Golf claims your accuracy improves up to 23%.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

• Administrator
Is there anyone using Odyssey Marxman putter? Is it true you putt more easier? Odyssey Golf claims your accuracy improves up to 23%.

Of course they'll claim that. It's called marketing. Three out of four Sand Trappers agree!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes! Golf is located in Colorado so I'm going to drive over there sometime next week to get fitted for a new putter. Not that there is really anything wrong with my Cobra Melbourne now, but there's a decent deal going on at Yes! because of the place I work at so I figured I would take advantage of it since I like their putters.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

I have been using the Odyssey XG Rossie , but am switching to a powerbilt softbilt PB2 blade in the near future. I have decided to go with powerbilt for all my clubs pretty much.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Of course they'll claim that. It's called marketing. Three out of four Sand Trappers agree!

I need hard fact from users (that's you guys) not from Odyssey Golf. My putting definitely needs more accuracy as I often missed only a few inches from the hole. There's this big demo day coming in couple of weeks and I'm thinking of replacing my 2-ball putter with Marxman mallet. Any suggestions?

What's in the bag:

I use a Ping G2i C67 and I really love it. I've always thought that the center shaft is a great thing when I am really putting well and the construction overall is topnotch. I'm going on my third year with it and there isn't really a mark on it. The cover is a little iffy and the grip needs to obviously get replaced, but that's standard. One con I guess is that when I miss the insert it is a much different feel than the insert and I lose some distance. But I really recommend Ping.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Goolie BGS 33. Its a real small company based in Southern California. Its a cool story how I got it though. My friend got that putter in So Cal, and he won a junior tournyment while using it. The company, hoping to get some publicity, sponsered him and actaully made him a signature model with a signature color. He gave me his old Goolie putter, which is actaully really nice, and got his new signature one. He actaully doesn't use that putter anymore.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

I cant seem to get away from my Odyssey White Hot #4 Putter.

G5 10.5 NV65

G5 3 WOOD 15 Degree

X-14 Irons 52*, 56*, 60* 2 dot wedges White Hot #4 Callie

MacGregor M5k GT

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Just bought a Powerbilt Softbilt PB2 blade putter. It's not every day you can buy a golf club that was actually made in America

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Just ordered an Odyssey Black Series #2...anxious for it to get here!

Well, I've never held one but from the pictures of it, I think it looks like and probably feels like Scotty's Newport. Is it true?

What's in the bag:

Tried it out alond side a Newport 2. Very nice putter, but still got the Scotty. Probably the name, but I really like it!!

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

carbite.

it's a heavy putter, but i lowered my grip to have more control.

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!