IGNORED

Big Break VII Official Thread

TerenceFinn
Note: This thread is 6180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cindy on the LPGA Tour? Not likely. Gary? ******* - gone. Good on both of 'em.

I think there's an outside chance some of the Big Break women can be lower tier players on the LPGA Tour. I think a few of the Big Break V women and one woman from Big Break VI qualified for LPGA Tour for '07 (BB-V: Ashley Prange, Jeanne Cho-Hunicke (nee Cho), Becky Lucidi & Kristina Tucker. BB-VI: Kristy McPherson) and are now LPGA rookies. For the Big Break men, I think there is virtually no chance any of them will qualify for the PGA Tour or the "Champions" Tour. Even with (at least) five LPGA rookies from BB-V/BB-VI, it doesn't seem to me that any of them will pose a serious challenge to the upper or mid-echelon LPGA players. I essentially agree with iacas; even though I've been wrong before (I didn't think Muggsy Bogues would make it in the ACC, much less the NBA) I would be astonished to see any of the Big Break women making any kind of positive splash on the LPGA Tour.

Oh, yes. I was delighted to see Gary and Cindy get squashed and if Pam gets punched out next week, that'll make my day!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this is just a bit of frustration that's been building, but Gary got under my skin somethin' awful. In my whole life I don't think I've ever seen a better example of someone being all talk. In a whole season and now two shows he hit one good shot from a bunker, and he's got the nerve to say that he "let this lesser player" have a chance. The guy hit good shots when he had to, and Mr. Old Bigmouth folded like a lawn chair. Maybe he's the one who pulled one "out of his keester", eh? Good-freakin-bye, old man.

And I might also be glad when Pam is gone.

And poor Eduardo needs a cold shower.

• Administrator
If Nikki plays her cards right, Eduardo might not need a cold shower.

I don't think either of them need a cold shower. Unless they took it together. Ick.

Eddie, man, you gotta have more class than that. C'mon, what'd you do?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have long been a fan of the Big Break and have not missed a season or any episodes. The only problem I have is that none of them seem good enough to even make a cut on any of the tours. I really thought Bri would be really good, but then she finished in dead last like the rest of them. I know Kip came close once, but that is pretty much about it.

I too am glad Gary is gone, more so because is has a terrible looking move after impact. Does he teach that to people? Double D is being carried by Ashley, so let's see what happens to him when HE actually has to make a shot.

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

I apologize if this is anothe thread..but who's watching it? I'm glad both Cinday and Gary got the bonk..talk about an unconfident player..she seemed doomed for each shot..why even be in the show..what a waste..by far the worst player on the show.

I couldn't believe what a d**k Gary was being. I mean could he be a little more overconfident. If he was that good he shouldn't have been in the elimination challenge.

I do agree that Cindy had a confidence problem. Maybe Gary sucked all the confidence out of her. I see Valeria got a little cranky with David. I wonder if the GC told them to turn up the Broadway theatrics.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

but i only watch for double D....the man.

I actually met that guy in Eustis, Florida at a course call Black Bear. He was just finishing up a tournament that was being played there and I'm looking at him goin where do I know him from. When it finally came to me I came up to him and said "Booya." He just laughed.

That guy needs a sports psychologist. He's wound too tight. I love Pam. I don't know why. maybe because of the whole Pam/Danielle thing but she's my favorite. She's also good to look at too.

What's in my bag
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

And I might also be glad when Pam is gone.

Hey Now be nice to my girl.

What's in my bag

When looking at a lineup of potential candidates for this reunion show, what in the name of golf was the Golf Channel thinking by bringing Gary back for this show? No other men looked better???

Looking at the other contestants, it is easy to see what they bring and why they are back. ie. . . Donatello, Kelly, Bri, Pam, etc. . . Why Gary???

Man, what an attitude, glad he's gone.

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

I love Pam. I don't know why. maybe because of the whole Pam/Danielle thing but she's my favorite. She's also good to look at too.

I guess it's good there are differences of opinion. I can't stand Pam's annoying personality and do not think she's good to look at either. Several of the Big Break women including Bri, Katie, Kristina & others (also co-host Stephanie Sparks) are very easy on the eyes, but not Pam. Of all the Big Break women, Pam is the only one I truly can't stand. I might get a little annoyed at some of the others (Cindy for having zero confidence for example), but Pam just drives me up the wall.

"Why Gary???"- Why not Gary? He's certainly got a lot of people talking about the show eh? They've purposely picked out the strongest personalities in hopes that the drama factor would be high and thus far it's working.

"Why Gary???"- Why not Gary? He's certainly got a lot of people talking about the show eh? They've purposely picked out the strongest personalities in hopes that the drama factor would be high and thus far it's working.

Yeah, the B.B. viewers with personalities similar to Gary's need somebody to pull for too . . .

• Administrator
So I've now watched this evening's show. I'm getting real tired of the Nikki/Kelly mystic voodoo stuff. But more striking to me is this thought: it's a big ratings grab. It's downright silly. Pam hasn't played enough golf not to have practiced from the sand in the past SIX months? C'mon! WTF is up with that? And then she gets all whiney about Dave not telling her the line? He told you about four times.

Val, Eddie... neither seemed to care that they were booted off. The contestants are cheering for each other in elimination rounds. When have you ever seen that before?

Peh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I've now watched this evening's show. I'm getting real tired of the Nikki/Kelly mystic voodoo stuff. But more striking to me is this thought: it's a big ratings grab. It's downright silly. Pam hasn't played enough golf not to have practiced from the sand in the past SIX months? C'mon! WTF is up with that? And then she gets all whiney about Dave not telling her the line? He told you about four times.

I'm with you. "Reunion" seems to be an appropriate word for it. It is more like a reunion than a competition. Nikki and Kelly are out there in the ether somewhere. I laughed out loud when they spent all that time over the first putt discussing the ambiance of the atmosphere and then she missed it by 16 ft. Wonder how close they could have gotten it if they had a Starbucks to sip while they discussed breathing properly??

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Nikki and Kelly's analyzing of the green was pretty obnoxious. It was more driven by Kelly, Nikki is just following his lead. I like Kelly's positive personality but the guy is definitely a free spirit.....a little too free. I was a little surprised with Pam's sand issues as well, I mean, give me a break. Confidence is so key in this game and some of the players just totally psych themselves out, that or they are trying to help the shows ratings. As far as Eddie, he got booted but he gained a girl so I think he's happy. I'm kind of glad Val is gone, I thought she was kind of annoying. When it comes to Gary.....the guy has the confidence, but he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. He had the most AWKWARD finish I've ever seen on the knockdown from 200 yards to that green into the wind on the first (or second) show. It was just UGLY. That aside, his strong personality is exactly why he got on. Some of his comments really took me by suprise after he got booted off. He didn't take responsibility for loosing to Mark, he basically said, "well i thought they would want the best players to win but I guess thats not the case." So what he was saying is, "they kicked me off the show, i didn't lose." What an idiot....

905R 9.5˚ - UST Proforce V2
904F 15˚ - YS-6
695cb 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Vokey SM54.14 and SM60.08
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro V1x / Pro V1Cyberbilt

So I've now watched this evening's show. I'm getting real tired of the Nikki/Kelly mystic voodoo stuff.

I agree. I'm waiting for those two to sit down and start meditating before each shot. Paaaalleeeeez.

I'm gonna cheer when they get kicked off.

What's in my bag

On the March 20th episode, Kelly surely demonstrated the ability to get some of the players, especially Bri, riled up and agitated. He can be very annoying, but I think Bri should just ignore him. Maybe she can't . . .

Note: This thread is 6180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!