IGNORED

Big Break VII Official Thread

TerenceFinn
Note: This thread is 6179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Didn't I hear on the tease that next weeks matches are a 9 hole contest? If that's the case, I honestly don't see how Mike can walk 9 holes; he was huffing and puffing pretty bad when he had to play Bri for 2 or 3 holes...and that was a par-3.

Couple of facts are in order here.

1) It was not a par 3. It was a par four. 2) I believe the low two after the first nine holes continue on to play (perhaps match play on the second nine) a full 18 holes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of facts are in order here.

Well regardless, Mike is going to have tough time walking even 9 holes. The guy's got game, but man could he stand to start a good diet plan. I've lost 50 pounds since the first of the year and I feel great... 30 pounds to go to reach 210, my goal. But that wouldn't be more than a good start for Mike.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

i like mike a lot... i thought double d was going to take this thing and if he had half a brain he would have. he should have used that immunity and gotten into the final 4. he stood a better chance of getting through and elimination with dave in it than with ashley and mike. oh well if you make stupid decisions you face the consequences.

tommy's swing is a thing of pure amazement... his timing has to be perfect for him to have a good day... he makes jim furyk's swing look smooth.

ashley has definitely got game and nice " shoes " so she gets an infinite amount of hottie points...

I will pull for Mike because BB2 is the first one i watched and I really liked Mike from that show.

to whoever said that tommy's ballstriking is on par with Mike's: what are you smoking crack??? he hit wedges 500 feet offline? he hooks and pushes the ball all over the place... did you watch the BB4 where he hit a wedge off the old course which struck a van and bounced back in.... I've seen mike hit a few ify putts but he's never all over the course.

Mike if nothing is an excellent ballstriker.... it's obvious everyone in the show thinks so they all respect his iron play especially in the wind... and you cant play good wind golf unless your ball striking is spot on. just my opinion

People may comment about Tommy's swing, but he is the best player left by a wide margin. He has won several times on mini-tours, was medalist at the first stage of PGA Q school, and just Monday qualified to play in the Wachovia Championship last weekend, missing the cut.

He is the best player, but that doesn't mean he will win...

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

ashley has definitely got game and nice " shoes " so she gets an infinite amount of hottie points...

Yes, I agree, she has a great pair,,,,of shoes I mean :)
to whoever said that tommy's ballstriking is on par with Mike's: what are you smoking crack???

No I don't smoke crack...lol, I prefer Sam Adams, and No I didn't see BB4. I agree that Tommy is wild at times( He needs a Corperate Lean Six Sigma Team to manage that swing of his,,,lotta room for deviation) and I didn't say him or Mike were great ball strikers either. I just haven't seen how Mike is so far ahead of him in that category in my opinion! Tommy has hit some good shots when he had to, and I agree with some here that say Mike will struggle to walk more than a few holes due to his weight factor, so it could very well be Tommy and Ashley in the final 9 holes.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

more importantly, is he dating Bri?

This is for you and any other Sand Trappers who may be living vicariously through Tommy Two Gloves.

The 05.12.07 issue of Golfweek has a "Perspective" article entitled "Meet Tommy Two Gloves" by Jeff Babineau. Here is a blurb from that article: "Late Friday, it wasn't easy to pack up his stuff in that stately locker room at Quail Hollow, his nametag looking so shiny alongside the Garcias and Goosens. He kept the Mercedes until Saturday, then he and his girlfriend hopped into her Saturn and made the two-hour drive to Bishopville . . . " I'm pretty sure that since the article didn't say Bri is TTG's girlfriend, she is not.

• 2 weeks later...
I was just watching BB 7 for the first time and realized something. I have played with Mike Foster. No kidding, I played with him in a Hooters Tour Pro Am back in the mid 90's. He was a nice guy and a really good golfer. He played well in the tournament that year but hit 2 balls out of bounds in the final round to fall out of contention. Mind you he was big back then but has become even bigger. Pretty cool though, now I wish I would have watched the entire season, but reality TV just isn't my thing.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I was playing my home course today, which also happens to be Tommy's home course, and lo and behold who should walk in but Tommy himself. It's great to see that celebrity status hasn't changed the down to earth country boy that he's always been. Heck, he's still driving his old car instead of the brand new SUV sitting in his garage. Now, if I could just figure out how he hits the freaking ball so far!

• 2 weeks later...
I was playing my home course today, which also happens to be Tommy's home course, and lo and behold who should walk in but Tommy himself. It's great to see that celebrity status hasn't changed the down to earth country boy that he's always been. Heck, he's still driving his old car instead of the brand new SUV sitting in his garage. Now, if I could just figure out how he hits the freaking ball so far!

He also has a very fast turn of the shoulders. It's fun to see him hit the ball, but tough to not watch the swing when playing with him. His swing is one-of-a-kind. At least his not still driving the Ford Taurus anymore. I think his dad drives that one now.

F-Speed Driver 9*
F-Speed 3-wood
Boxer 3H
X20 Irons 4-AW
Tour 56* Tour 60* Sabertooth putter:taylormade: TP/Black ball

Note: This thread is 6179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!