IGNORED

Your Luckiest shot?

Saint_Viper
Note: This thread is 6941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well i had 3 the last round i played.

1st came on a par 4, when i misjudged my shot to the green, just before the green there is a bridge about 1 meter wide that leads over some water to the 2nd tee. The ball bounced on the bridge, from the angle i hit it, it should have carried on straight on into the water, but there must have been spin on it, which span it down the direction of the bridge and ended up resting at the middle of the bridge where it turns 90 degrees.

The 2nd bit of luck i had was on a par 3 when i managed to hook the shot (Miracle in its self for me and my constant slice lol) the ball bounced once, carried on out of bounds hit a tree flew back and ended up just at the side of the green.

The 3rd shot lol, was suppose to be a chip onto the green which i got totally wrong, the ball punched at some speed over the green, over the bank only to hit a metal sign pointing to the next tee, the ball bounced back a bit and left a relativly easy chip onto the green. (Mind you the 1st should have been easy lol)

Any of you guys got any tales of how your luck came into play?

• Administrator
I don't have any luck! It's all skill! C'mon boy, you've got to pretend you meant to bounce it off the tree.

Luck? Hmm. I don't know. I'll have to think about it and get back to this thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good stuff!

I played on Monday and I had my 2nd shot on a long par 5 go straight towards a lake. The ball hit the lake and skipped about 4 times and popped up onto a little grass path that seperated that lake from the one directly in front of it. Commenced in hitting my 3rd shot from there.

I couldn't have duplicated that shot if someone gave me a million tries.

i3+ irons
G5 13.5* driver
G5 B60 putter
58 lob wedge
Revolution Tour ball

Good stuff!

It was a 140 yard par 3. I hit a short, high pull. The ball came down on the cart path and shot straight back up. It came down again on the path and bounced sky high again and into a tree to the left of the green. The tree kicked it straight to the right and it came to rest five feet from the hole. I was laughing so hard, I almost missed the putt. Hey, a birddie is a birddie.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

It's a tie - both of them a few rounds apart a few years back

1) Holed an 8-iron from 140 out in the fairway to an uphill pin for an eagle - completely blind shot, hit a beauty and couldn't find it over the green before sheepishly checking the hole (just in case)

2) Made an ace with 5-iron from 150 - again totally blind (into late afternoon sun) and into a good wind - I knew it was in when I was walking to the green and the house near the green starting clapping and wondering when I'd be buying beer after the round

Good times - thanks for the opportunity to re-tell the stories!

Walt

Par 3 160 yds group in front waves us up perfect 7 iron wind carries it a little long and i yell fore it hits the guy in the shin on the fly backs up to 12 inches and I calmly tap in for bird.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I guess all I have had is a few approach shots finding the cup. I guess the most recent was I was hitting a 40 yard approach shot. I came out of the swing and hit a liner that was headed about head high over the green until it hit the flag and fell softly to the green 2 feet from the cup. If I hadnt hit the flag is would have been 30-40 yards past the green and on the next tee in the middle of the next group.

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

Flap's story reminded me of another one. I drove the green on a 295 yard Par 4. I was about 30 feet from the pin. My wife hits her approach onto the green and deflects my ball to 10 feet. I roll in the putt for Eagle.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
Flap's story reminded me of another one. I drove the green on a 295 yard Par 4. I was about 30 feet from the pin. My wife hits her approach onto the green and deflects my ball to 10 feet. I roll in the putt for Eagle.

You do realize you're supposed to replace your ball, don't you?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I knocked one in from 60 yards a couple of weeks ago on the #1 handicap 470 yard par 4. Won all the dough in skins on that hole.

But the best one is my hole in one. 175 yards over water with a heavy tail wind. 9 iron (tail wind) hits the green and rolls right in the hole like a putt. I was playing by myself but two people that waved me onto the green were my witnesses.

Here's the beautiful thing. We weren't sure how to proceed, so we agreed that I would put from both places and look up the answer after the fact. I marked the short one first and lined up the long one. I rolled it in from 30 feet. The short one was actually a tougher put. I barely made it. Not bad to Eagle the same hole twice in the same round. I just missed a hole-in-one there last year. The ball hit the flagstick and dropped two feet from the cup.

Here's the beautiful thing. We weren't sure how to proceed, so we agreed that I would put from both places and look up the answer after the fact. I marked the short one first and lined up the long one. I rolled it in from 30 feet. The short one was actually a tougher put. I barely made it. Not bad to Eagle the same hole twice in the same round. I just missed a hole-in-one there last year. The ball hit the flagstick and dropped two feet from the cup.

Well, you definitely earned your eagle then!

I probably would have just played the ten footer, I'm kind of lazy like that sometimes. Anyway, I hope to get out for a quick 9 after work today. Maybe I can start getting my score down a little closer to what I want. I'll update with my score tonight hopefully.

first post, so hi.

luckiest shots in no order

1 - i hit this nasty hook which hit the tree to the left of the narrow fairway very hard, shot back right, hit another tree, and bounced back a few feet from the fairway in some light rough. so while i didnt get a fairway there, i did have a clear view to the green instead of losing it out of bounds.

2 - the other day i was playing, and i had an awful lie, (a severly downhill chip that was buried halfway into this hill. i had about 9 feet to a pin that was at the very edge of a very fast green going downhill. i attempt to do the lightest chip of my life, and i skull the ball. luckily, it hit the pin, dropped straight down into the cup really hard, and i ended up with a birdie.

my luckiest was when i had been playin golf for about 3 years been playin about 13 in total now

any way it was a shortish par 5 dog leg right

hit a gr8 drive carried over 2 bunkers about 265 yds left with a 5 wood to the green for 2 hit it to the hole looks peach in the air any way it lands an we walk up when we get to the green no idea were the ball is, i jokingly walk up to the hole to see if it was in there
unexpectant i find it in the hole wat i felt that day has only ever been matched few times

couldn't beleive i got 2 on a par 5

(still yet to get a hole in 1 1, come close few times but not yet maybe 1 day i hope)

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade r580 XD. STIFF SHAFT W/ FIRM TIP 10.5°
5-Wood: Titleist 975F, 21°, S300 Stiff SHAFT
Irons: Titleist 990, S300 3 - PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56°CLEAVELAND TOUR ACTION 60°Putter: 33" ODYSSEY 2 BALL MALLETScotty cameron Newport 2 Pro platinumBall: Titleist...

I was playing with a d*ck friend of mine who is also on the golf team(well used to be [got kicked off]) at my school. Anyways he always is saying that I suck at golf and in life etc. We were playing at my school's course and in order for this story to make since, I have to give a small course description. The first hole is parallel to the fifth hole. They are both par 4's. When we play we usually just play 1-5 and then 1 again b/c its on our way back to the dorm. Anyways we both tee off on the fifth hole. My friend is not happy with his drive so he says ill just wait here you go on pick up my ball and play the rest of five and 1 over to me. So I play five and then walk down to the #1 teebox. I tee off and I hit this pull fade at least I think thats what it was (started off left but worked its way maybe 20yds right). The hole is about 250 uphill and I can drive the green- drive over the green pretty regularly. After I hit my shot and start walking my friend starts yelling something at me but I could not hear him. I get a little closer and I learn that my ball was 5 in from the hole (for all I know it went in but he pulled it out). I was happy with my tap in eagle since I finally got him to shut up about my golf game.

18th hole par 5; guest day at my father's country club. I hit a big drive right down the middle and am right next to the 202 yard marker. This green has a small lake fronting / surrounding it to the right so I normally lay up on this hole but because I only had 200 I had to go for it. I took 3 wood (into the wind) with my father standing right there watching and came up out of the shot slicing it into the lake.

He gives me some quick tip / advice / encouragement and tells me to just rehit from there instead of dropping at the edge of the lake. He says "You've got this shot, just aim right at the flag and stay down this time." I hit it perfectly straight on line with the flag and it landed two feet short of the pin, one hopped, and fell in for the luckiest shot of of my life! BIRDIE almost Tin Cup style

Here is a picture of that hole

Note: This thread is 6941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!