IGNORED

Upload your smartphone videos & show us your swing, Sandtrappers!

Note: This thread is 4588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Swingpal tool will you use to fix your swing?

• Professional swing analysis from an instructor
    • Personalized swing tips & drills
    • Video breakdown and analysis tools

Sponsored content by Swingpal.com

Feel like your swing is a tad rusty and could use a little help?  You're in luck – Swingpal is launching an interactive contest to fix your game!  Three members will win free golf lessons from the Swingpal.com elite team of instructors. To enter the giveaway - our resident Swingpal representatives want you to upload a video of your swing to this thread.

If you're out on the course, grab your smartphone and use these helpful pointers on how to best capture the action on video:

Screen shot 2011-07-21 at 1.19.24 PM.png

Post your video as a reply to this thread, and don't forget to provide the following information:

1)  Your handicap
2)  How often you play and practice
3)  What's your most common miss

Swingpal's Insiders (ChrisSP, MikeSP, RandallSP, and DaveSP) will continue to monitor your posts within this thread, and on August 6th we will choose three lucky winner s that we think have the most room for improvement.  The winners will receive a full swing analysis and access to a complete Swingpal profile for private instruction, swing analysis, golf tips, and more. Check out a sample profile on Swingpal's site .

Happy Swinging, Sandtrappers!

Screen shot 2011-07-21 at 1.40.30 PM.png

Want to know a more about the inspiration behind Swingpal? Chris Wallace explains, "Swingpal.com is a new company based in Nashville, TN, that is offering personalized online golf instruction that is both affordable and convenient, as well as 100 percent Web based. No software at all is required to use any aspect of any service we provide. Our goal is not to replace the in-person lesson, as we understand that there is great value in such instruction, but rather to introduce quality instruction to golfers who haven't experienced the lesson process, have time and financial issues that limit their availability, or who just don't know how to get started when it comes to getting help with their swing."

So why do the images show the player's head centered in the middle of the video frame? Which do they want - on the hands/waist or on the head? Can someone clarify?

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Originally Posted by ranjanis

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My swing [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5G8P77xJl0[/VIDEO] 1) Your handicap: 7.4 2) How often you play and practice: play 1-2X per month practice practice 2X per week 3) What's your most common miss: over draw or straight draw with the driver push with the irons
  • Upvote 1

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Hey Guys,

I have been golfing VERY sporadically since I was pretty young but have just taken up golf seriously this summer.  I do not keep an official handicap at the moment but track my scores online and am somewhere in the 17-20 range.  I play at least once a week and twice if I get the opportunity, also like to try and hit the range at least once a week.  So I am usually doing something golf related at least 3 times a week.  My most common miss (being left handed) is a slice/fade to the left,  Really excited for the opporunity to maybe work with you guys!

• Upvote 1

SQ Dymo 10.5°

Idea Pro A12 3H 20°

710 AP2 5-GW SM4 56/11 60/07

White Hot Sabertooth

I'll be playing 18 after work, i'm playing to a 5 handicap at the moment and have recently done alot to fix some little habits that have crept into my swing over the last year or so. My most common miss is usually over-drawing the ball on tee shots with a driver...everything else i seem to be able to control fairly well and shaping as i feel. will edit my post tonight to include my video.

• Upvote 1

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I'm hoping to get my swing on film this week. I'd love to get my swing analyzed now and then after my workout routine has been completed.

Originally Posted by ranjanis

Nice job, you guys!  I want to see more - anyone else have a video of their swing?

Still trying to find my swing!

Here is one I took a few weeks ago but my swing has not changed since.

1)  Dont have an official handicap but I usually score around 100 and broke 100 once. (Update on this, just broke 100 twice in a row with a 93 and 88 on a par 70)
2)  I play at least twice a week and try and practice every day.  Take one or two days off a week at the most.
3)  Probably coming up a bit short or a little to the right.

Will the winners that get picked be able to submit new videos for the lesson?

• Upvote 1

Been having some swing problems over the last month or so which I've made some good improvements on. Funny enough I just recorded these last night and saw the posting here. I've been playing golf since April of 2009 and have just fallen in love, I literally can't get enough.

Here's me working on one of my recently improved clubs, my 8 Iron. A typical shot is about a high 10 yard draw.

(sorry for the non edited videos, I had to use my iphone to record them and haven't edited.)

Front View

Down the Line:

1)  Your handicap

Right now I'm playing to a 17.6 HDCP, but I've had my first rounds in the high 90's for quite some time. I'm starting to play more towards my HDCP again.
2)  How often you play and practice

I typically get 2 or 3 rounds in a week, and I aim for 2 practice days a week, sometimes I get lucky with a third.
3)  What's your most common miss

My most common miss with my irons would be a pull right, with my Driver/Woods would be a push left.

• Upvote 1

My Home Course: http://chilliwackgolf.com/

In my Taylormade Bag:

The Big Stick: Calloway FT-I / Mini Big Stick: Calloway FT

2HY - Nickent 4DX IW

Irons 4-PW: Taylormade Burner 09

52' - Cleveland CG 15

56' Cleveland CG 12

60- Wilson Unknown.

Money Maker - Odessy White Hot Tour #5

Thanks for posting your videos darkhunter139 and djackson89 -- much appreciated!

You guys who are planning to hit the links this weekend, capture a couple of videos while you're out and post them in this thread. Or if you have videos of your swing but no idea how to upload them to youtube or another site, you can send them to me at cwallace@swingpal.com and I'll create a free Swingpal account for you where they'll be available online and you'll be considered entered in this contest. Have a great weekend guys. Hit 'em long and straight!

Here are a couple of videos:

1) Right now, I am probably around an 8.

2) I like to play at least once per week and practice 2x per week.

3) My biggest miss is probably is a slight slice, borderline fade with my woods.  Irons are more consistent but my miss with them is going to be distance, with hitting a touch fat being my biggest issue.

Right now, practice and playing are not that common.  I am also in Tennessee so you can understand that 100*+ weather we have had for quite some time (obviously the videos were from the winter, but my swing is about the same).  I am anxious for the cooler weather to get here so I can get back to working on my swing.I got down to a 2.8 last year and then took some time off and that allowed some old habits to creep in as you can see in my videos. I was about to start working with a teacher at my local course but he quit last week out of nowhere.  My goal is to play in some State tournaments next year....it could be some good advertisement for you!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think we're going to go ahead and shut things down as it relates to picking winners for this giveaway. I want to thank uttexas, LeftCoast, darkhunter139, djackson89 and TN94z for submitting videos in this thread. Originally we had said that we would pick three winners to each get a free lesson but I'm going to give all five of you guys free lessons. At your convenience, if each of you would shoot me an email at cwallace@swingpal.com , I will let you know what we need to get your swing analysis taken care of. Thanks again!

Note: This thread is 4588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!