IGNORED

Push Carts: Sun Mountain Microcart vs clicgear 3

Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which cart do you like better, Sun Mountain Microcart or Clicgear 3?

• Sun Mountain Microcart
    • Clicgear 3

I've seen threads on the clicgear 3 but not a lot on the 4 wheel Sun Mountain microcart.

I'm thinking of buy one of these.

I like the size and light weight of the microcart but it is not as "substantial" as the clicgear.

The clickgear has more space for balls, phone etc and feels very solid.

Any thoughts from owners of the two and things to be aware of?

Thanks

I own a sun mountain speed cart v2 and I love it.  I have a friend who got the micro cart and it's definitely a solid investment.  It sets up easier and quicker then any other push cart I've seen.  You just pull up and it's done.  I hear great things about clic gear, but I got to say, sun mountain customer service is quite good in my experience.  My speed cart came without a nut for one of the connecting rods and they sent me the whole mechanism replacement within the week, and were very nice and easy to talk to.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The 4 wheeler has a better center of gravity.  The three wheelers are prone to tip over -- especially my sun mountain 3 wheeler.  The click is very ... robust in design.  I like the small profile.  Buddy has one and I am always impressed at how much he can actually store in his car trunk b/c he has a smaller storage profile with his cart.  My cart LOL takes up most of my cargo space.

If you have one of those Crown Vics with the 5 body sized trunks then we would not be having this discussion.  If you drive a mini or miata lol well -- problem.  I would put a cart in your trunk space and your bag as well.  If you like the way it stores in your car then get it otherwise rent :D a cart.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

Just received my Clicgear 3.0, and dumping my sun mountain v2. Wider track, better balance, smaller footprint when folded, and slightly lighter.

Very impressed with the build quality also. Appears to be a well though out design.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

i love my clicgear 2.0.  never had a problem with tipping.  in fact i typically just let it roll down hills on its own and catch up.  you can even adjust the alignment to insure it rolls straight.  it folds up smaller than any push cart i've come across.  either way you go you're going to start enjoying playing golf more.  i've got some funny looks from playing partners with their carry bags but after a few holes of watching me they start to come around and start asking questions about them.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

• Administrator

http://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/sun_mountain_micro_cart_review

I'll have a ClicGear 3 review up soon.

I'd go with either. I like the four wheels. It's lighter. It folds up very simply. The ClicGear is more substantial and looks better.

You can't go wrong with whichever of the two you choose. The ClicGear is a lot better than the three-wheeled Sun Mountain. Not the micro cart, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have used Clickgear for the past 2 summers, it is solid easy to use and has plenty of compartments. You can also get a fair amount of accessories for the Clickgear. Last month I bought my son a Microcart, mostly because of adjustability for his smaller bag. The first thing I noticed about the Microcart was that it is much lighter than the Clickgear, both with and without the bag. There was a big difference in pushing the 2 carts. But there are some cons with the Microcart, it has 2 weak points, and in its luggage mode, one of those points is unprotected, which means you have to be careful how you put it in your car, although that is not a big problem due to how light it is. It does rain alot here in Iceland and there is no umbrella holder on the Microcart, which is a big nono for me. If I was buying a new cart today I think all in all I would go for the Clickgear just bcause of how solid thatt cart is.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

Thanks for all the responses.

Ice Dave:

After you comments I thought you'd say if you bought one today, you'd buy a microcart.

I was thinking with 13 clubs, balls etc, a  light weight cart would be great even though the

clicgear is so solid and well made.

Do you find the added  weight of the clicker 3 with all your clubs etc, to be an issue when pushing your cart for 18 holes?

I was between the Clicgear and Microcart and decided to go with the Microcart. It folds smaller and has handled well for the last year or so very well. I have a Sun Mountain C-130 bag on it and have no problems pushing it for 18.

One thing I do like about the Sun is it has the bicycle tires.  The fatter/wide tires of the Click are more stable but they also tend to fall backwards (handle back) if it hits a bump rolling down a hill -- similar to the Sun.  For me since I have the Sun already I suppose I am stuck with it.  If I had my choice though, I would be going with the Clique only because it's smaller storage is ideal for the back of my wagon.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

I have and at times use the Microcart reviewed above (nice write up). Its a great cart. And very durable. I treat mine like ****. And i sometimes run with it, from one shot to the other.  But the real abuse is from cart bowling. Ive hit many a cart path curb, and the thing still rolls perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I ended up buying the clicgear 3.

It rolls well and I'm very happy with it.

Yes its heavier and larger, but it's worth it to me since it feels much more substantial, which I prefer.

I also like the larger storage compartment .

Clicgear 3 was my choice, it was recommended and I have to say it is quite the cart. very stable, very easy to roll like you have nothing on it, robust design that appears it will hold up well. I was told it was about 1 lb heavier, which in my opinion is nothing to speak of. it holds enough stuff and folds up amazingly small for its size.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the sun mtn micro cart. It is really compact which was the main reason I bought it. Right away, say after 10 rounds, the brake cable broke. I contacted sun mtn and they sent a new cable no charge! I was very pleased and have had no further trouble. I have 60+ rounds this year. I don't really like how the brake cable attaches but I check it occasionally and make sure the set screw is tight.

Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!