IGNORED

Warrior Custom Golf

Note: This thread is 1727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Robbo15afd

I just received my hybrid today. Don't normally try these but the club is gorgeous and feels good. Haven't played it yter but if it works it was a great idea to order!

1 post...

C'mon.

Stinky... Robbospam.

Avoid Warrior Golf ... run like Bolt.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

My uncle couldn't resist the Warrior 'deal'.  And then he gave me the putter he got from them along with a bunch of golf balls. I keep them in a bag I have out at my grandmothers.  The putter is fine, and the golf balls seem like decent mid-range balls.

I plan on ignoring anything I get from Warrior Golf, but from what I've seen, their products are of a 'fair-to-reasonable' quality. (Note: I'm not saying they're 'really good' --- just that they're not 'really crappy'.)

• 2 weeks later...
I actually have played the 3 wood and the hybrid. They were given to me from my grandfather which I don't know where he got them from. But they feel good, I love love workability of the hybrid. I can draw it or fade it and use it around the greens. I have never dealt with them personally but it seems like to much of a hassle when Im sure there are better clubsout there to be had. I only play these because they were free for me. However I did just get a R11s 3wood and can say it is much farther then the warrior but may not feel as good off the face.

• 1 month later...

My 2c... I fell for it. At the Ct. Golf Expo back in Feb. 2012, I bought the New England Golf Guide for $20 (love the book!), with a coupon for a free hybrid. A few weeks later I called. And as stated above, I felt like I interupted the "salesman" when I called. One Free Hybrid ultimatly turned into three and included a "free putter". "Return the Hybrid's but keep the putter as our gift I was told". Gave my credit card # and was instructed to reply to an e-mail that would follow.

Later that same day, my dog fell ill and I forgot all about my impending purchase. With multiple Vet visits, I hadn't checked my e-mail in a few days. later on, I saw that a charge of $330 was charged on my credit card. I checked my e-mail and yes, they sent the request to get paid, but I never had responded, and they submitted it any way.  And the clubs arrived. Due to my ongoing Vet visits (my dog ultimatatly has Diabettes, and need to get her BG. levels correct, buy insuline and needles, new dietary dog food) I hadn't gotten a chance to play the clubs, and the return clubs date came and passed. While this company did not inundate my e-mails, they did call my home phone several times and left messages, Which I never had the chance to respond to for a few weeks. They did not extract cash from my credit card ever again. They finally called me when I was home once and I told them that I did have the chance to use their clubs, since I got a chance to play and I was unsure of my satisfaction. I have not recieved a call since that day.

Yes, the clubs look good, don't all new clubs? I am not a good player by any means, and I struggle with these. BUT, I really do like the Putter that came with the set. My Putting has improved incredibly this season. So I have a $330 putter and they gave me the apearently disapointing Hybrids for free... And the paint is falling off the putter where they have their company logo. I'll probably repaint  that with Black nail polish at some point this winter.

Side Note, I was going to take Lessons earlier this season, but that money went to the Vet instead. I could have sent Warrior $25 more dollars for club head covers, but I opted not to, I bought some non desrcipt ones and the local Golf store. So they're still in my bag. I'll wait until this spring when I can take Golf lessons before I purchase any more clubs...

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

$23 is not free. They can call it what they want but that isn't free. Shipping might be $12.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

The clubs might be ok for some, but have zero trade-in value. You might be able to run a garage sale and get twenty bucks for your set. All their promotion is done through heavy handed telemarketing sales and questionable "deals". If price is your concern, I would buy used brand-name equipment on Ebay, 2nd Swing, or some other internet website.

• 1 month later...

I was referred to Warrior golf by my brother for a hybrid/wedge deal that you got when you paid for shipping and handling and agreed to receive their newsletter via email. What you have to understand about this company is that they're very persistant, but really all you need to do is be upfront with them and tell them "NO". Seriously it's that easy. I love my 60* wedge, the hybrid is nice, but I sometimes have trouble hitting it to be honest. Today I called and paid S/H for their "holiday grab bag" (golf balls, hat, divot tool, brush tees, etc). They gave me their usual shpeel I knew they would..."well I'll give you this great opportunity to test out our irons and drivers and I'll give you a free putter for only $499." "NO I don't have the money to do that right now." " Oh well I'll give it to you for a hundred less and you'll STILL get the free putter." "NO, I don't want it. All I want is the grab bag." "Oh...ok." Point being, they aren't a scam, they're just trying to get their clubs out their. They aren't crap, but they aren't the best. I say take advantage of the really cheap deals and just tell them NO to all the other BS they try to sell you.

Originally Posted by Hitemstraight

I was referred to Warrior golf by my brother for a hybrid/wedge deal that you got when you paid for shipping and handling and agreed to receive their newsletter via email. What you have to understand about this company is that they're very persistant, but really all you need to do is be upfront with them and tell them "NO". Seriously it's that easy. I love my 60* wedge, the hybrid is nice, but I sometimes have trouble hitting it to be honest. Today I called and paid S/H for their "holiday grab bag" (golf balls, hat, divot tool, brush tees, etc). They gave me their usual shpeel I knew they would..."well I'll give you this great opportunity to test out our irons and drivers and I'll give you a free putter for only $499." "NO I don't have the money to do that right now." " Oh well I'll give it to you for a hundred less and you'll STILL get the free putter." "NO, I don't want it. All I want is the grab bag." "Oh...ok." Point being, they aren't a scam, they're just trying to get their clubs out their. They aren't crap, but they aren't the best. I say take advantage of the really cheap deals and just tell them NO to all the other BS they try to sell you.

Another fine employee from Warrior golf.... Thanks for stopping by.... and telling us about your "Holiday Grab Bag" scam to get our credit card number... You guys are rude on the phone. No one wants to talk to you.

• 4 months later...

@ValleyGolfer:

Would you please shut up...you are making yourself look like an extreme douche bag. We get that you don't like the clubs.

I have the hybrid and a LW that I got last fall but have yet to test out. They look and feel good grip wise but that's as far as I can comment on them. The Holiday Grab Bag that was mentioned above is legit. They are very annoying as well. I don't get calls from them anymore because I told them to stop calling. I just get the emails.

Driver:   Nike 10.5° • Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki K graphite shaft

Wood:    Wilson 15° •  3W & 5W Stiff 

Irons:    Nike 4-PW+GW • SQ Machspeed

Putter:   Nike something

Ball:       Whatever is in the bag. Nike

Originally Posted by HawkeyeNation

@ValleyGolfer:

Would you please shut up...you are making yourself look like an extreme douche bag. We get that you don't like the clubs.

I have the hybrid and a LW that I got last fall but have yet to test out. They look and feel good grip wise but that's as far as I can comment on them. The Holiday Grab Bag that was mentioned above is legit. They are very annoying as well. I don't get calls from them anymore because I told them to stop calling. I just get the emails.

Ah another one post representative. I don't have any specific problem with their clubs however I despise their business practices. The defense of the company is horrible. I am an extreme douche bag to another douche bags. If you happy getting screwed there is not much I can do for you. Pedal your wares else ware.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out from seeing the commercial....they are advertising that the 3H is free, yet you pay ONLY $23 for shipping.  Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but that means to me that it's not free.  At most the shipping should be 11 or 12 bucks.  Thus you are not getting a free club, you are getting a $15 club that ships for around $8.  No thanks......

If the quality of the club was that great then I would have heard of at least one professional at some point that plays them.  I have not.  Also it's a bit shady to be advertising a free club when in reality we can all agree that it's not, the price of the club is hidden in the shipping & handling.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Ah another one post representative. I don't have any specific problem with their clubs however I despise their business practices. The defense of the company is horrible. I am an extreme douche bag to another douche bags. If you happy getting screwed there is not much I can do for you. Pedal your wares else ware.

Well most new posters have to start somewhere don't they? I mean it's not like checks where you can request where you want to start in terms of check #'s. You have 1800 posts but that doesn't mean you get free pass to post and bash others as you please. I'll agree with you that from the sounds of it their business practices are some what suspect but you have to admit that in order to become a successful business you don't do so by taking the passive path. Like I said previously...I was getting calls left and right but ever since I told them to take me off their list they do not call anymore. Now whether or not their clubs are junk is yet to be seen from my aspect. I have a 10 year old set so if I get a chance to try out golf clubs even if the their is a $20 shipping fee it's worth it for me.

Anyways I didn't mean to disrespect you in any way so I apologize for my outspoken first post.

Now...if only the rain would stop then maybe I could do some darn golfing!

Driver:   Nike 10.5° • Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki K graphite shaft

Wood:    Wilson 15° •  3W & 5W Stiff 

Irons:    Nike 4-PW+GW • SQ Machspeed

Putter:   Nike something

Ball:       Whatever is in the bag. Nike

You have 1800 posts but that doesn't mean you get free pass to post and bash others as you please.

Good point about the 1800 posts--we reserve the right to bash others to first-time posters.  But only when digging up a thread that's been dead for five months.

@ValleyGolfer:

Would you please shut up...you are making yourself look like an extreme douche bag.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Well most new posters have to start somewhere don't they? I mean it's not like checks where you can request where you want to start in terms of check #'s. You have 1800 posts but that doesn't mean you get free pass to post and bash others as you please. I'll agree with you that from the sounds of it their business practices are some what suspect but you have to admit that in order to become a successful business you don't do so by taking the passive path. Like I said previously...I was getting calls left and right but ever since I told them to take me off their list they do not call anymore. Now whether or not their clubs are junk is yet to be seen from my aspect. I have a 10 year old set so if I get a chance to try out golf clubs even if the their is a $20 shipping fee it's worth it for me.

Anyways I didn't mean to disrespect you in any way so I apologize for my outspoken first post.

Now...if only the rain would stop then maybe I could do some darn golfing!

Apology accepted. Realize if there are a lot of posts, they usually have seen it all on here and to come in calling names on your first post is not going to get a nice response. Stick around and maybe you will learn how to get "newer", quality clubs that are lightly used for a decent price w/o the hassle of repeated phone calls, rude and pushy sales people.

Try actually reading the information pulled up by Google. The "scam" headline refers to a tongue-in-cheek story about scams (or just-for-fun jokes) you can pull on your playing partners. I got the hybrid 3 just like I ordered, was charged exactly what I expected and received it on the day promised. The sales people are pushy and they did try to sell me extra things, but I just said "no." And I like the club. I'm thinking about trying another.

Note: This thread is 1727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!