Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roy Munson

Warrior Custom Golf

161 posts in this topic

Has anybody herd of um?

I received a postcard from them advertising a free hybrid, so I called them. They wanted to charge a credit card $250 and send me a 3W 5W some sort of hybrid and a putter.They wanted me to try them out, send back the 3 & 5W, give them feedback, and I'd get to keep the hybrid and putter. The dude said he would credit back my credit card when they received the woods....

It sounded like a headache! I told the dude no thanks. He then said, Ok how about the hybrid for free (23 bucks S&H;). I told him I'd think about it because I'm in the market for a 3 or 4h...

Are Warrior Custom Golf Clubs any good or legit? I've never herd um....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I just googled them and word SCAM came several times! lol

I'm not going to mess with them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my hybrid today. Don't normally try these but the club is gorgeous and feels good. Haven't played it yter but if it works it was a great idea to order!
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Robbo15afd

I just received my hybrid today. Don't normally try these but the club is gorgeous and feels good. Haven't played it yter but if it works it was a great idea to order!


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did this whole free club thing a few years ago and wow these people hunt u down. constant emails and phone calls about *free* clubs for u to try out and if you like them youll get to purchase them at a *super low discounted price*. i got a 3 hybrid which was always been my go to SHANK club. help if i need to SHANK something 50 or more yards left its the club to use. run from this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my hybrid today. Don't normally try these but the club is gorgeous and feels good. Haven't played it yter but if it works it was a great idea to order!

Hmmm

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working for Warrior Golf is a scammers dream job!

Originally Posted by Robbo15afd

I just received my hybrid today. Don't normally try these but the club is gorgeous and feels good. Haven't played it yter but if it works it was a great idea to order!

Be prepared to have your card charged.  Month after month after month after month after.........

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some older players who game Warrior clubs and the clubs look decent enough.  It doesn't sound like their business sales model is one I'd want to deal with though, and come to think of it those kind of sales tactics may well work better with older customers who aren't as savvy with such underhanded practices and be more likely to buy into getting something for "free".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Working for Warrior Golf is a scammers dream job!

Be prepared to have your card charged.  Month after month after month after month after.........

Yup. Glad I didn't fall for this scheme.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by GatorCallaway

Yup. Glad I didn't fall for this scheme.

I almost fell for it too. Good thing i have this thread!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the same call. Free slightly peaked my interest but I hate the old cancel in thirty days routine. If a company has to trick you into buying their product, no thank you. I just got another call the other day from them.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have dealt with Warrior for the past 12 or so years. Everything they told me on the numerous phone calls has been true. I have tried several of their clubs and loved everyone of them. They are upfront with everything, the 45 day trial period, etc. I have had no bad outcomes from anything. However I do not play there clubs anymore for two reasons with the exception of SW and LW. My main reason for no longer playing them is due to the fact my son "borrowed" my set from me 2 years ago and they have not found their way back to my house. The second reason is I was lucky enough to have won a complete set of CALLAWAY RAZOR FIT (Driver, 3W, 3-PW) clubs earlier this year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have dealt with Warrior for the past 12 or so years. Everything they told me on the numerous phone calls has been true. I have tried several of their clubs and loved everyone of them. They are upfront with everything, the 45 day trial period, etc. I have had no bad outcomes from anything. However I do not play there clubs anymore for two reasons with the exception of SW and LW. My main reason for no longer playing them is due to the fact my son "borrowed" my set from me 2 years ago and they have not found their way back to my house. The second reason is I was lucky enough to have won a complete set of CALLAWAY RAZOR FIT (Driver, 3W, 3-PW) clubs earlier this year.

2 years with no clubs? Still not buying warrior clubs. Guy was very rude on the phone too. Like he was pissed I let him go through his spheel and said no. Like I wasted his time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Robbo15afd

I just received my hybrid today. Don't normally try these but the club is gorgeous and feels good. Haven't played it yter but if it works it was a great idea to order!

Originally Posted by Michael Jones

I have dealt with Warrior for the past 12 or so years. Everything they told me on the numerous phone calls has been true. I have tried several of their clubs and loved everyone of them. They are upfront with everything, the 45 day trial period, etc. I have had no bad outcomes from anything. However I do not play there clubs anymore for two reasons with the exception of SW and LW. My main reason for no longer playing them is due to the fact my son "borrowed" my set from me 2 years ago and they have not found their way back to my house. The second reason is I was lucky enough to have won a complete set of CALLAWAY RAZOR FIT (Driver, 3W, 3-PW) clubs earlier this year.

Something tells me,  if I search for "Golf Club Scams"  etc... on the internet,  and find a unique named one,  I could create a thread that says   "XYZ Golf.com  is selling ABC Clubs for $$ is this a good deal"    I'm willing to bet a bunch of people would state the obvious  "These are scams"  and then sure enough a couple of new accounts would show up to tell me how they had a great experience...  hopefully with poor grammar and all.

I think that would be a fun test actually.

Also,  I 'believe'   (I'm not going to look this company up,  so I don't know)   the guy who started making Warrior Foosball tables  was/is a golf-club fitter/maker,  but it could be a completely different company.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warrior Custom Golf Clubs are good clubs.....I have a friend that used their fairway woods.  I tried them and they were very good....

I have used Warrior when they offered 3 dozen golfballs for just $19.95 S&H.;

So far the balls have been decent.....especially when it's 3 doz for $20.

The only thing you have to understand about Warrior is that they are very persistent. They will keep at you until you cave......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warrior Custom Golf Clubs are good clubs.....I have a friend that used their fairway woods.  I tried them and they were very good....

I have used Warrior when they offered 3 dozen golfballs for just $19.95 S&H.;

So far the balls have been decent.....especially when it's 3 doz for $20.

The only thing you have to understand about Warrior is that they are very persistent. They will keep at you until you cave......

I don't cave.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Re Robbo15afd...Michael Jones , so working at Warrior Golf you have time to spend time commenting on your companies "scam" sorry spam.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2016 TST Partners

    GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • This is a fundamental that is that ruins so many golf swings before they start. Let's look at why. Bending at the waist is physically easier - it takes less work from your legs to bend over and your body naturally avoids work.  The big problem is that you are out of balance by the time you reach the top of your backswing and worse... Your upper body weight is not over your legs which means a ground up swing is dead. Through your transition your weight needs to be firmly planted over your loaded legs so 1) you can linger in your transition in balance until your forward weight shift happens and 2) So that your lower legs are in a position of leverage to get your weight moving and to have enough spring to keep pushing until your weight has made it all the way to your left foot.  So, if you don't love your swing check for this setup flaw. So, many people who swing over the top don't realize they had no chance way back from their setup. 
    • Good topic. I voted breaking 80 is harder. Obviously the two are connected but if push came to shove I think more golfers could learn how to avoid making doubles than be taught or acquire the skills to break 80. Breaking 80 for many golfers would mean significantly raising the level of their games, while not making a double is more about avoiding the big miss and game planning/course management. More specific to the OP's question relating to a golfers that shoots in the low 80's and is trying to break through, it could be one or other, most likely a combo of both. For myself, like @The Recreational Golfer I've had more rounds in the 70's than double bogey free rounds so could you say it's "easier" for me to shoot in the 70's than avoid making a double? Yes and no, depends on how you look at it. Even though I messed up on one or two individual holes I had to play fairly solid golf the other 16/17 holes to break 80, IMO that's more difficult than avoiding making a double. Even on a round where I didn't make a double I had to perform at a consistent level for 18 holes to break 80. If you told me I had to play 10 rounds where I had to break 80 and 10 rounds where I couldn't make a double, I think the latter would be easier for me. 
    • Good to hear. An observation for you... When you start getting your lower body into it guess what?  You start doing work!  And that takes fitness.  Some people have an illusion of an effortless golf swing. But in reality, it's effortless for your wrists but more work for your legs and core.  So, keep is mind as you go from hitter to swinger your fitness, core, and lower body strength demands go up. 
    • I'll answer your question with another question: If you drop the 3H, what would you hit for a 215 yard shot, or even a 210 or 205 yard shot? Are you comfortable gripping down on your 4-wood to cut distance off of it by that much? I personally don't see much issue with keeping the 3H in the bag since it isn't actually hurting anything. You say the other alternative is to drop the 4-wood, but why do you feel that you must drop anything at all? It's okay to have a 10 yard gap. If it really concerns you, though, I would think that the best way to go would be to swap from a 4-wood to a 3-wood. This would increase the gap between your 3H and the next longer club without affecting the gap between the 3 and 4 hybrid, which seems to be a number you like better for a gap. I'm just a little confused why you'd drop down to 13 clubs if the hybrid isn't costing you strokes. I know I find hybrids easier to hit than a wood that I'm trying to hit shorter than usual. I absolutely hate to hit a 3/4 3-wood to cover the cap between a full 3-wood and my 3-iron, but the number for a 3/4 3-wood is such a rare distance that I'd much rather have consistent gaps up through a 3-iron than a big jump from a 4i to a 3H. In my case a 3H would hurt my game, but it doesn't seem like yours is doing you any harm and could be protecting you from an awkward 4 wood shot.
    • This might not be the most helpful for balls and gloves (though I do see golf ball deals pop up at least once a week), but golfwrx's classified section is a great place to get deals on a lot of stuff. I got my AD-DI shaft there for $130, along with my KBS shafts from 3-LW for another $150 for the set. The AD-DI was used for a week (didn't have a mark) and the KBS shafts clearly only ever had a grip installed on the 7-iron. Good deals there, at least from what I've found, but mostly on clubs and shafts (though they do have golf balls in their classifieds every so often).  The nice part about that is they also have a WTB forum, where you post what you want and people come to you. That's actually what I did for the iron shafts. I posted about what I wanted and I had about 7 responses to choose from within 24 hours, so it's pretty active. For golf balls other than ProV1's that would be your best bet for finding them.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Images

  • Today's Birthdays

  • Blog Entries