IGNORED

Srixon Q star

Note: This thread is 2727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They are a great ball in my opinion. I tried all the expensive balls. Srizon Z-Star, Nike One, Nike One D, Pro V, Callaway's. and found that most of them were way too soft for me. My side spin was strong with these. I went down to the Q-Star and I hit it so much better. I may miss some fairways, but half as many as with the more expensive softer balls. I love them. I play the yellows. One day I would like to jump back up to the Z_Stars, but Ill have to do some work on my swing first.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new golfer and play the Q-Stars. Great ball and soft feel. I'm happy with them so far. I bought some Bridgestone E6 and Titleist NXT Tour S balls and like the Q-Stars the best so far.

In the Puma Orange Formation Stand Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ (10.25)

Fairway Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane (3,5,7,9)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (6-PW) 

Wedges: Mizuno JPX (50, 55, & 60)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Ball: Titleist DT Solo

any comparison between the Q-star and the Bridgestone E5?

Driver: Machspeed Black 9.5  

3 wood:  Insight  

Hybrid:   A4  19 degree

Irons:   CG red 4-PW  

Wedges:   CG12  56 degree and CG10 60 degree

Putter:  White Hot XG Sabertooth

• 3 months later...

Give the Wilson Staff 50 Elite's a try (don't be scared by the 50 compression). A buck a ball, nice feel and I seem to get a little extra distance from the ball (7-iron is about 160 yards for me right now).

• 8 months later...

I moved to the e6 from the qstar...

Taylormade M4 10.5* (turned down to 8.5*)
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood
Ping G410 5 wood
Titleist F2 7 woods
Ping G graphite irons 5 - PW  Black Dot
Ping Gorged Glide Wedges - 50, 54, 58
Directed Force Reno 2.0 Putter
What an amazing game this is.

• 3 weeks later...
I personally think they are really over rated. I bought 3 dozen this winter cause everyone said they were great (stupid by me) they preform not bad for a cheaper ball but when I can get z stars for 5 bucks more its a a way better deal

z stars are normally 45 bucks a dozen.  Once the old stock runs out..so will the 30 dollar price tag.  They didn't last a week in the stores around my town at that price.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

z stars are normally 45 bucks a dozen.  Once the old stock runs out..so will the 30 dollar price tag.  They didn't last a week in the stores around my town at that price.

Ya I understand that but here they have been sitting in the stores at 29.99 for more than a month. I have bought a box of each and experimenting. Hoping in a few weeks there will still have all I will buy out the stock haha

Thanks for the review, good to see so much positive feedback on here - I just bought a set of Cleveland 588 TT's, and received as a bonus SIX DOZEN of these bad boys - would hate to have gotten on here and found out they're rubbish...  Will let you know how they go after I spank a few....

Have been reading a few reviews on another site, there is a consistent view that these don't provide enough spin around the greens...having chipped with them for a couple of hours tonight, I would say that is right.  Man, they fly long, high and straight off the tee, really beautiful soft feel, but yeah, you need to allow for some run on when chipping at the pin.  Haven't played a round yet, so can't report how well they pull up....more to follow.

Originally Posted by IndiFreeborn

Have been reading a few reviews on another site, there is a consistent view that these don't provide enough spin around the greens...having chipped with them for a couple of hours tonight, I would say that is right.  Man, they fly long, high and straight off the tee, really beautiful soft feel, but yeah, you need to allow for some run on when chipping at the pin.  Haven't played a round yet, so can't report how well they pull up....more to follow.

They do.  I mean, you cant expect a suryln covered ball to check up like a urethane covered ball but for the price, Q-Stars are nice.  Im not a big fan of them because for me, they feel too soft.  Theyre like trying to play golf with a marshmallow.  If you want the spin and the soft feel but dont want to step up to a tour ball, the Bridgestone E5 is a better option, IMO because the E5 has a urethane cover.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think the Q star is a great ball..especially for the price.  I'm just so used to the action of the Z-stars that its hard for me to use them, really.  I think they feel pretty much identical off the face of clubs but...I dunno what it is to me that makes them "seem" different.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

• 3 years later...

Played three balls today...

Titleist Velocity (2016)
QStar - yellow
OnCore Avante

All three had about the same characteristics but the Avante was at least 20 yards longer.

Taylormade M4 10.5* (turned down to 8.5*)
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood
Ping G410 5 wood
Titleist F2 7 woods
Ping G graphite irons 5 - PW  Black Dot
Ping Gorged Glide Wedges - 50, 54, 58
Directed Force Reno 2.0 Putter
What an amazing game this is.

Note: This thread is 2727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!