IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From what I understand, it's simple net. Eagle and nine on Falcon on Saturday. Hawk and nine on Falcon on Sunday. I saw something that said signups are thru tomorrow.

Either way, I hope you get your ailments sorted.

So 27 holes each day?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From what I understand, it's simple net. Eagle and nine on Falcon on Saturday. Hawk and nine on Falcon on Sunday. I saw something that said signups are thru tomorrow. Either way, I hope you get your ailments sorted.

Thanks @mcanadiens . [quote name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/53045/dayton-oh/870#post_1176709"]So 27 holes each day? [/quote] My math is not so good without a computer, but I believe that is correct. ;-)

- Shane

Thanks @mcanadiens.

My math is not so good without a computer, but I believe that is correct.

Too bad I'm not eligible to play. There is nothing cool like that up here that I know of.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

You had to be a KHMA member by June 15. All that really means is coughing up $40 at the Kittyhawk desk. You get the ghin service and a subscription to Golf Digest. They have a variety of different events over the year. Many of those are team-type events, so I haven't been involved in those. Your courses up there really don't have these kind of things? Dayton hosts a number of city-wide tournaments. Also, Miami Shores has a club championship and Troy hosts a City Championship there. We also have a Miami County Championship (one round at M.S and one at Homestead). Not that I really think I'm ready for any of that just yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Too bad I'm not eligible to play. There is nothing cool like that up here that I know of.

You had to be a KHMA member by June 15. All that really means is coughing up $40 at the Kittyhawk desk. You get the ghin service and a subscription to Golf Digest. They have a variety of different events over the year. Many of those are team-type events, so I haven't been involved in those.

Your courses up there really don't have these kind of things? Dayton hosts a number of city-wide tournaments. Also, Miami Shores has a club championship and Troy hosts a City Championship there. We also have a Miami County Championship (one round at M.S and one at Homestead). Not that I really think I'm ready for any of that just yet.

There is a City tournament, but that's it. When I looked into the Dayton area stuff it required residence in certain counties. That may have been for different ones though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

You had to be a KHMA member by June 15. All that really means is coughing up $40 at the Kittyhawk desk. You get the ghin service and a subscription to Golf Digest. They have a variety of different events over the year. Many of those are team-type events, so I haven't been involved in those.

Your courses up there really don't have these kind of things? Dayton hosts a number of city-wide tournaments. Also, Miami Shores has a club championship and Troy hosts a City Championship there. We also have a Miami County Championship (one round at M.S and one at Homestead). Not that I really think I'm ready for any of that just yet.

I think the sign said you could still join KHMA to play. Who doesn't want a free subscription to Golf Digest?!!!

- Shane

What I saw was a line in the tournament flier that you can download off the website that said you needed to have dues paid up by June 15. On the other hand, I've never known them to turn down money. As far as the Golf Digest goes ... It's safe to say that I need some new bathroom-reading material all ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post

I think the sign said you could still join KHMA to play. Who doesn't want a free subscription to Golf Digest?!!!

What I saw was a line in the tournament flier that you can download off the website that said you needed to have dues paid up by June 15. On the other hand, I've never known them to turn down money. As far as the Golf Digest goes ... It's safe to say that I need some new bathroom-reading material all ready.

Are you in KHMA?

- Shane

Played another 9 tonight. Damn I thought it was going to be a great round. Started -1 after 4, but hole 5 wrecked me. Pull draw into long grass, took unplayable and never recovered at all on that hole. Pulled it together somewhat for the next 4 holes, just had a few hiccups. Finished at +9  because I had +5 on 5 and bogeyed 3 of the holes and double bogeyed 8. Only really had 3 bad shots on the last 4 holes, but also had 2 3 putts. However, all that said, I was really happy I didn't let that one bad hole ruin the rest of the round. With the 9 last night and the 9 tonight I'm trending at 18.1 so it looks like my new index is going to be 18.1. Basically hit my goal for the year of getting to bogey golf HI. Now I need to set my goal for the end of next year. Anything going on this weekend down you guys' way?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Played another 9 tonight. Damn I thought it was going to be a great round. Started -1 after 4, but hole 5 wrecked me. Pull draw into long grass, took unplayable and never recovered at all on that hole. Pulled it together somewhat for the next 4 holes, just had a few hiccups. Finished at +9  because I had +5 on 5 and bogeyed 3 of the holes and double bogeyed 8. Only really had 3 bad shots on the last 4 holes, but also had 2 3 putts. However, all that said, I was really happy I didn't let that one bad hole ruin the rest of the round. With the 9 last night and the 9 tonight I'm trending at 18.1 so it looks like my new index is going to be 18.1. Basically hit my goal for the year of getting to bogey golf HI. Now I need to set my goal for the end of next year. Anything going on this weekend down you guys' way?

There is the KHMA championship. ;-)

- Shane

• Administrator
Hey y'all… http://thesandtrap.com/t/83538/2015-tst-erie-cleveland-pittsburgh-etc-outing-fri-sat-sept-18-19

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There is the KHMA championship.

Whoops, totally zoned out on that.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Nice. Are you playing?

Yep. It will be my first tournament ever.

I talked to some of the guys around there and it sounds pretty relaxed. There are a few old hackers like me in the mix, so it ought to be a good time.

Yep. It will be my first tournament ever.  I talked to some of the guys around there and it sounds pretty relaxed. There are a few old hackers like me in the mix, so it ought to be a good time.

I'm all signed up and ready to go. See you in the morning and good luck.

- Shane

I'm all signed up and ready to go. See you in the morning and good luck.

Good luck fellas.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!