IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

I've reached the "I hate golf" portion of the year....

All right. I'll bite. What's the matter?

Personally, I've just re-entered the "I hate work" part of the year. Wanna trade?

Meh, just the complete loss of anything resembling a workable swing during league last night. I'm pretty sure it is related to spending time at the range Wednesday doing drills and working on my swing. Things just seem to be falling apart with my swing right now, but I'm hoping it's the storm before the calm. As for trading hate work for hate golf, I hated my work for several years when I worked construction so I think I've had my fill of that. I can avoid golf, I can't avoid work.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Meh, just the complete loss of anything resembling a workable swing during league last night. I'm pretty sure it is related to spending time at the range Wednesday doing drills and working on my swing. Things just seem to be falling apart with my swing right now, but I'm hoping it's the storm before the calm. As for trading hate work for hate golf, I hated my work for several years when I worked construction so I think I've had my fill of that. I can avoid golf, I can't avoid work.

Then don't do that.

- Shane

Then don't do that.

Yeah, that was pretty much what I took away from the debacle last night.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

keep it simple, work with what you got and get the ball in the hole. That's what golf is. If you need to swing slower on the course swing slower. Erik has told me many times, Practice at your ability, play just past the edge of your ability. Meaning, if you can't make consistent contact at full speed. Find the swing that gets you consistent contact 80% of the time.

Go to the range before a round and just hit balls. Maybe you just want the downswing feel. Just hit balls and see what the flight is. Aim straight at a target and see where the balls end up 80% of the time. Maybe that's 20 yards right. Then take it to the course. If that means you aim 20 yards left on every shot then do it. If that means you need to swing at 50% speed then do it. Find something consistent to fall on. Right now you sound like you just get frustrated and loose all focus and consistency.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sunday afternoon at Sugar Isle. Who's in?

Still planing on hitting Sugar Isle?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

First tee time is 2PM

Ok, should be there. Supposed to be a cook out for my mom's birthday tomorrow but I took her out to dinner last night.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Kind of pissed that the dude I was supposed to play golf with yesterday bailed on me at the last minute. Too late to join you fellows in New Carlisle. Instead I took a quick spin around Homestead, ran into an old friend and shot an 89. Wonder where that golf was a month ago.

So, I decided the only way to get myself back to a workable swing is to play more. The round tonight was actually much much better than the score shows, at least in my eyes. I had some bad shots that really screwed the pooch on some holes but on the other holes I play really well. The only thing that annoyed me is that I missed probably 3 bird putts and a couple par putts by inches because the greens were so slow. They got progressively slower as I played because as it got darker moisture began accumulating on the greens, so even as I hit the putts harder they still fell short or fell offline because the pace was off.

50% fairways and 50% Greens... I'd say that's pretty dang good for me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Tale of two swings tonight... Played almost an entire 9 holes before I realized I was not keeping my right arm tucked close to my body. As soon as I fixed that it was like night and day. I played the course back 9 then front 9 to avoid leagues. I had a 50 on the back with multiple lost balls and a 41 on the front with no lost balls and 2 3 putts. After the first 5 holes I was already 11. I played the other 13 holes in 8 over.... I really wish I had noticed that swing flaw sooner.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Tale of two swings tonight... Played almost an entire 9 holes before I realized I was not keeping my right arm tucked close to my body. As soon as I fixed that it was like night and day. I played the course back 9 then front 9 to avoid leagues. I had a 50 on the back with multiple lost balls and a 41 on the front with no lost balls and 2 3 putts. After the first 5 holes I was already 11. I played the other 13 holes in 8 over.... I really wish I had noticed that swing flaw sooner.

That's nothing. I'll go months at a time without realizing what I'm doing wrong. Better late than never.

Where are you playing this weekend?

I'm not sure about where I'll be playing this weekend yet. I definitely want to play somewhere.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

I'm not sure about where I'll be playing this weekend yet. I definitely want to play somewhere.

I got Saturday wide open. Wide enough that I could see my way traveling north a bit, supposing you lot still aren't under water.

Definitely dried out up here. If you'd like to try out the course that we were going to play the other time I can try setting a tee time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!