IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, iacas said:

I was (failing at) attempting to tease Shane, in the way that people might break out the good scotch after their weird uncle leaves… :-)

Shane, the weird uncle. I like that.

The ole brain isn't working that fast yet this morning.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

I was (failing at) attempting to tease Shane, in the way that people might break out the good scotch after their weird uncle leaves… :-)

It's a good thing thing that I left Dayton and didn't see those posts. ;-)

- Shane

4 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Any one up for a round on Saturday?

I believe I should be available. Did you want to maybe try a new course or stick with the standard Shelby Oaks.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

17 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I believe I should be available. Did you want to maybe try a new course or stick with the standard Shelby Oaks.

Not sure if there is anyone left on this thread, but if its just us, either Shelby Oaks or Lima.

You still haven't had a home match, so I can head north.

Let me check to see if they have any openings around 1 or so on Saturday. I like to get in on the unlimited golf with a cart when I go there because it's cheaper and I can spend all day out there and really get my money's worth. I'll check the weather too, to make sure rain won't flood it again like last time you drove up here. :angry:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I would suggest coming south, but you might want to wait 4-5 months. 

Heck. You can just hop on the company jet and make a stop in Lima. Weather's supposed to be ok.

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Heck. You can just hop on the company jet and make a stop in Lima. Weather's supposed to be ok.

No company jet here. I will be flying to Dallas in a few weeks though, but I'll be flying commercial.

- Shane

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've tortured myself with Cliffside, but I noticed a For Sale sign on my drive down this morning.

Looks like we might be losing another course.

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

It's been a while since I've tortured myself with Cliffside, but I noticed a For Sale sign on my drive down this morning.

Looks like we might be losing another course.

It wouldn't surprise me. That course is a cow pasture.

- Shane

35 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It wouldn't surprise me. That course is a cow pasture.

The last time I played out there was a few years ago in the fall and they made no particular effort to deal with the leaves. That round was a waste of time,money and golf balls. On prior trips, it approached ok. It certainly beat Hidden Lake. 

If nothing else, Cliffside is a bit unconventional. The holes are fairly unique. If course conditions were brought up to speed, it wouldn't be bad.

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

The last time I played out there was a few years ago in the fall and they made no particular effort to deal with the leaves. That round was a waste of time,money and golf balls. On prior trips, it approached ok. It certainly beat Hidden Lake. 

If nothing else, Cliffside is a bit unconventional. The holes are fairly unique. If course conditions were brought up to speed, it wouldn't be bad.

I just remember greens that resemble shag carpet that were very slooooooow. The layout was pretty hoaky too. 

- Shane

21 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I just remember greens that resemble shag carpet that were very slooooooow. The layout was pretty hoaky too. 

That where we'll differ. In my opinion, the fact that the layout isn't the same old thing, is what makes the course interesting.

26 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

That where we'll differ. In my opinion, the fact that the layout isn't the same old thing, is what makes the course interesting.

It was different. There are several holes that I consider dangerous. If I recall, there is a hole where you are teeing off and your ball flight crosses over a green from another hole. We would wait for that green to clear, but some people didn't. Nothing like hearing a ball whizzing by while you are putting. 

- Shane

36 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It was different. There are several holes that I consider dangerous. If I recall, there is a hole where you are teeing off and your ball flight crosses over a green from another hole. We would wait for that green to clear, but some people didn't. Nothing like hearing a ball whizzing by while you are putting. 

I guess it has been a bit, but I can't picture which hole you are talking about here.

You are right about the dangerous part. The course is pretty tight and the usual clientele makes me look good.

• 2 weeks later...

And now we have two more endangered courses according to Bucky Albers in today's DDN. Seems Springfield is looking to get rid of Reed Memorial and Rollandia's land owner is looking to sell to someone that isn't planning on keeping the course.

Springfield's enough off the beaten path that I hardly ever get out there. Played Reed North once a few years ago and that was way too much course for me. Still seems like a pitty.

Rollandia is where I played my first half dozen or so rounds. It really is the best place in the area for a beginner to learn, so that's a real shame.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

And now we have two more endangered courses according to Bucky Albers in today's DDN. Seems Springfield is looking to get rid of Reed Memorial and Rollandia's land owner is looking to sell to someone that isn't planning on keeping the course.

Springfield's enough off the beaten path that I hardly ever get out there. Played Reed North once a few years ago and that was way too much course for me. Still seems like a pitty.

Rollandia is where I played my first half dozen or so rounds. It really is the best place in the area for a beginner to learn, so that's a real shame.

At this point I don't really care if any other courses close in my area. Basically any of the other ones outside of the course you came up to play aren't really worth keeping around for the most part. I still wish they had closed one or two of the crappier courses and put the money they saved into upgrading and renovating Hawthorne.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!