IGNORED

Worst Courses Played

wtd
Note: This thread is 4187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, I

I think ya took that a bit personally. I dunno if you've been around black people much, but those of us that have black friends really have no trouble referring to them as just that - and they've no problem with it either.

My little brother - who has no friends outside of his own ethnicity - always questions it, and none of us understand it. It's purely because he doesn't know how to act, what he can and can't say, etc. From the post, I inferred that perhaps the abuse was related to his friends ethnicity; even if that wasn't the point, it's hardly offensive. bornfishy. Oh and btw, that course sounds bad!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ya took that a bit personally. I dunno if you've been around black people much, but those of us that have black friends really have no trouble referring to them as just that - and they've no problem with it either.

Yeah, not so much the case... I live in an urban city, I am around and am friends with all sorts of folks, black, brown, yellow, white (and we shouldn't forget that I am car stealing spic

). Heck Yale is in my city, and you can only imagine the diverse group of people that go there, and are part of the community. For the record, I really didn't take it personally, (I didn't lose sleep over it) I just don't think it's necessary to the thread of any story. I t would be like me saying that I was at the course with 3 white guys and the other white guys and girls-yada,yada,yada. You encounter that rude crap (the yelling and stuff) anywhere. CT is one of the wealthiest states in the US, so I can tell you that there are some fairly shooshy courses to play and I have played at 2 that I can think of that were in very well to do areas and on the holes near the streets had white kids laying on their horns and yelling while our group was putting or hitting. That's no different right? You would agree that that's rude no matter what color those kids where..

driver:G2 graphite reg flex
FW:HiBore 3w, G2 7w
Irons:: x20, 4-pw steel shaft uniflex
wedges: SW and GW, steel reg
Putter: G5 Craz-eBalls:Callaway HX Hot

Chippewa Golf Club Curtice Ohio.

This course does not have an irrigation system. The clubhouse walls were literally rotting. The Sand traps had about 10% sand, 20% rocks, and 70% grass/weeds. It had bridges over a creek that were literally roped off because they were unsafe. You could not tell the difference between the Rough cut and the Fairway cut. You could literally take a divot on the green and nobody would notice. The greens are literally like a nice courses fairway. Its sad because its the oldest course around in my area. It opened up in 1929. It used to have a irrigation system. It used to have oak trees that lined the fairways. Now there is nothing. Its literally wide open. But I guess it was purchased this past year, and there has been a ton of work done to it. New bunkers, new club house, new maintenance department new everything. Rumor has it that the new owners have already shoved a few million into the place. Hopefully it works out for them, and they get the results in which they are dreaming for. But what a task it will be.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Yeah, not so much the case... I live in an urban city, I am around and am friends with all sorts of folks, black, brown, yellow, white (and we shouldn't forget that I am car stealing spic

What a moronic comparison...laying on the horn. LMFAO. Hey, that happens EVERYWHERE. There's always somebody that lays on the horn to screw a golfers swing up if it's near a golf course. Color and diversity is a fact of life and it WAS germaine to this thread of what was the worst course you ever played. This is NOT a world of monochromatic peoples. Here's another story for you Miss Priss...a few years ago on a course in the city I now live, players were out in the middle of the fairway of a course in the inner city (I wasn't there) where there was also a high chain link fence set up around the whole perimeter of the course to keep out trouble. Unfortunately, it didn't keep out the trouble. BLACK TEENAGERS, yep that's right Ms. Sharpton they were BLACK, jumped the fence and attempted to ROB a foursome on one of the holes at knifepoint. They encircled them and threatened to KILL anybody in the group if they didn't give up all of their jewelery and money. One of the guys stated for them to hold on because he had all of his money in his golf bag. He pulled out a pistol and shot one of the kids dead right on the spot. END OF ROBBERY! The others fled and eventually got caught. Do you know what happened to him?? NOTHING! It was justifiably self-defense. Tell me yakkity-mouth bitch...have you ever seen a report in the newspaper where a bunch of BLACK golfers were accosted or had their lives threatened by a group of WHITES that were trying to rob them. If so, then I think it would be justifiable to state that. Wrong is wrong. How about if the WHITES had pillow cases on their heads?? What if they were WHITE SUPREMICISTS? If the government appointed a National CZAR EDITOR of all the newpapers in the country that stifled freedom of speech and most importantly FACTUAL TRUTHFUL NEWS which YOU WOULD BE THE CZAR...here's how a typical article would be edited by YOU: "Small groups of men recently hijacked 4 airplanes simultaneously throughout the country that were filled with passengers. Two of them were going between 250 - over 300 miles and hour as they crashed into the Twin Towers of New York City killing thousands of people. At almost the same time, another of the hijacked planes crashed into the Pentagon in Wash., D.C. killing all passengers aboard as well as a number of civilian and military personnel serving our country. The other plane crashed into an open field in PA after passengers overpowered the men". That's YOUR idea of what should take place and what's relevant. I don't know about everybody else in here, but me...I WANT TO KNOW that they were MUSLIM TERRORISTS! Extremist MUSLIM bastards that not only did it here but in England and a number of other places throughout the world. Is it relevant?? YOU DAMN RIGHT IT IS! Get your head out of the sand (ooops, I forgot...there's not too much sand in one of the RICHEST states of the UNION like CONN with it's soooshy golf courses that you've played on. Is that relevant to anything?) Since there's no sand...get your head outta a fleshy fat part of your anatomy. Why don't you STFU already and practice your putting!

Palmetto Pines in Parrish florida. It was a cow field and they made it tinto a golf course. The only bermuda grass was the slightly elevated tee boxes and greens that were 6 in higher than the cow grass fairways. If you can find a bunker on the one of the nines(4 i think) Ill give you five bucks. The clubhouse was a trailer, rundown at that and the greens fees with a cart were like 12 bucks. Worst hot dogs ever. Oh and by the way the alligators are always allowed to play thru.

In the bag:
Driver- Ping g5
Cobra ss 3 wood
Adams 21deg. 7 wood
Cobra s9 irons 4-gw Cleveland 56 and 60 deg cg 10 wedges Nike Oz mallet. The first one.

What a moronic comparison...laying on the horn. LMFAO. Hey, that happens EVERYWHERE. There's always somebody that lays on the horn to screw a golfers swing up if it's near a golf course. Color and diversity is a fact of life and it WAS germaine to this thread of what was the worst course you ever played. This is NOT a world of monochromatic peoples. Here's another story for you Miss Priss...a few years ago on a course in the city I now live, players were out in the middle of the fairway of a course in the inner city (I wasn't there) where there was also a high chain link fence set up around the whole perimeter of the course to keep out trouble. Unfortunately, it didn't keep out the trouble. BLACK TEENAGERS, yep that's right Ms. Sharpton they were BLACK, jumped the fence and attempted to ROB a foursome on one of the holes at knifepoint. They encircled them and threatened to KILL anybody in the group if they didn't give up all of their jewelery and money. One of the guys stated for them to hold on because he had all of his money in his golf bag. He pulled out a pistol and shot one of the kids dead right on the spot. END OF ROBBERY! The others fled and eventually got caught. Do you know what happened to him?? NOTHING! It was justifiably self-defense. Tell me yakkity-mouth bitch...have you ever seen a report in the newspaper where a bunch of BLACK golfers were accosted or had their lives threatened by a group of WHITES that were trying to rob them. If so, then I think it would be justifiable to state that. Wrong is wrong. How about if the WHITES had pillow cases on their heads?? What if they were WHITE SUPREMICISTS? If the government appointed a National CZAR EDITOR of all the newpapers in the country that stifled freedom of speech and most importantly FACTUAL TRUTHFUL NEWS which YOU WOULD BE THE CZAR...here's how a typical article would be edited by YOU: "Small groups of men recently hijacked 4 airplanes simultaneously throughout the country that were filled with passengers. Two of them were going between 250 - over 300 miles and hour as they crashed into the Twin Towers of New York City killing thousands of people. At almost the same time, another of the hijacked planes crashed into the Pentagon in Wash., D.C. killing all passengers aboard as well as a number of civilian and military personnel serving our country. The other plane crashed into an open field in PA after passengers overpowered the men". That's YOUR idea of what should take place and what's relevant. I don't know about everybody else in here, but me...I WANT TO KNOW that they were MUSLIM TERRORISTS! Extremist MUSLIM bastards that not only did it here but in England and a number of other places throughout the world. Is it relevant?? YOU DAMN RIGHT IT IS! Get your head out of the sand (ooops, I forgot...there's not too much sand in one of the RICHEST states of the UNION like CONN with it's soooshy golf courses that you've played on. Is that relevant to anything?) Since there's no sand...get your head outta a fleshy fat part of your anatomy. Why don't you STFU already and practice your putting!

Well put!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

• Administrator
Well put!!

Now let's move on, people.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That would be the Elms outside Athens, Ohio. A nine-holer where I once actually saw a cow walk across the number 2 fairway (there was a pasture to the right, but in reality it was all pasture). If you wanted to ride, you were SOL if someone got there before you and took the ONE cart out. Like Augusta in the day, everything was one height, but instead of fairway length it was all rough ... fairway, rough, everything except the greens.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

the worst course of all time is JC Martin in Erie pa . i'll try to get in some pictures

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Worst course I've ever played was this little home-made nine hole par 3 course in Sutton, Quebec.

Upon arrival, you grab your clubs and drop $5 in a tin can sitting on a table in a shack by the first tee. There is no clubhouse, no pro shop, no locker rooms, no golf carts, not even bathrooms.

It goes without saying that the type of players you run into here are not exactly good players. Many of the holes run parallel to each other, and you always have to be watching for balls flying and rolling by you. What makes it worst is many of these people have no idea about etiquette, and wind up hitting or picking up other people's balls and walking right out in other people's way to hit their ball. They should make people were helmets to play here.

Played it in early May, and the ground was soggy and muddy. It is basically a converted cow pasture. Every ball hit more than 10 feet off the ground plugged, and if you hit a full wedge or something you had to keep a close eye on it not to loose it underground!

The greens were the same grass as the rest of the course, just cut lower, to about fairway height at most courses. You were better off putting with a 2 or 3 iron to get the ball on top and bouncing towards the hole. The holes were cut with old coffee cans and homemade flagsticks. It's a good thing they were bigger than normal, or you might never make a putt!

The few bunkers out there were filled with dirt and sand and full of rocks. Clearly the intent was to act as containment for balls, because they were always behind the greens... The few "water hazards" were basically big trenches lined with plastic to hold the water in, and the plastic was held down on all sides by logs. Nice touch.

All in all, you get what you pay for!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Some course (can't remember the name) in Dothan, AL. It was me and 3 beginners (2 of which my brothers). I really wanted to try out one of the RTJ trail courses, but my brothers felt a little intimidated by a nicer course on a busy Sat morning. The first hole was a par 4 with a hill separating the tee box and green. After dogding pine cones on the green, we headed to the next tee box. I went to ring the bell, and the thing just fell straight down! That pretty much set the tone for the conditions of the course for the rest of the day. The fairway was no different from...wait a minute...there was actually no fairways at all. Just hard hard rough with really no hazards. I did have the longest drive of my live though on a 360 yard par 4. Since there was no fairway and holes were wide open, I decided to just let it rip. I usually only drive around 230-250. This missile must've hit the concrete rough and just kept rolling. I was pin high on the right of the green. Good times.

Chippewa Golf Club Curtice Ohio.

This course has been taken over be great owners who are making a go at turnig the course around. Great improvements already.

• Administrator
This course has been taken over be great owners who are making a go at turnig the course around. Great improvements already.

Might you be one of those owners, Pilkington? One post so far and it's here, on this?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Might you be one of those owners, Pilkington? One post so far and it's here, on this?

I could only wish.

• 2 weeks later...
University Of South Florida. there golf coarse has a nice design, but is not kept well. The Starters are boarderline retarded and it takes 4 1/2 + hours to play. Always overbooked...Usually you will start and debate going home half way though because its so slow. no matter what we never play there anymore. ( we are students, and its cheap) Place pisses me off. Im done. I haven't been there for a year.

The worst course i've played on and continue you play on is Rose Ridge Golf Course in Allison Park, PA. Early in the season this is a pretty good course. The fairways are still green and the greens aren't like concrete. Come June and July the fairways turn brown and the Greens and Tee Boxes are like concrete. I joke that i need a hammer to get my tee into the ground but its not really a joke. This course is very challenging but it needs taken care of. They dont really water the course.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Depends what your version of BAD is. Some folks like a cheap little golf course that they can just knock the ball around on without caring much about frills.

What gets you is when you expect good things, pay a fairly hefty price tag to play and then realize it's a dump. Played one last summer at a bachelor party in MA. Can't remember the name of the course, thankfully. I don't want to relive the experience. Just an overpriced hell-hole. Place was basically a swamp.

Note: This thread is 4187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!