IGNORED

Shotly Grab Bag Deal

Note: This thread is 4570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just read the golfwrx thread and it appears one or two people did get some good stuff.  Honestly I think a few of you are being a little to hard on them, if they actually did advertise that it would be worth at least $25 that is pretty lame but you knew there was a chance you could get crap when you bought them.

I don't like the response by Matt but I can understand why he is a bit annoyed, this is going to hurt their reputation a lot.  They should have anticipated that and not sent out 10 dollar hats to people.  Looks like they just bit off more than they could chew.

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

Off track but are DailyDivot and Shotly related?  I never got e-mails from DailyDivot until I paid for the worthless Shotly grab bag.

Dunno but I got hit up by an email from them recently too.  Don't remember exactly when but had never heard of them before.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Originally Posted by ryanf

Dunno but I got hit up by an email from them recently too.  Don't remember exactly when but had never heard of them before.

Their website lists a NC address.  They also specifically stocking a "warehouse of stuff" that they sell one item/day at a time.  Shotly has stated they have no inventory.

Strange thing is I usually like the stuff I see on Shotly.com more than NailedItGolf.com.  This was the first time I purchased from either.  And the last from Shotly.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Consumers are allowed to be hard on a business there is a lot of competition out there. Yeah shotly is getting dragged through the mudd on this but they did it to themselves. A ten dollar hat didn't get sent to 8 people by mistake......56 dollars got me 9 balls and few ball markers...sucky deal

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

Also funny is the attitude on the other forum about this issue.....I find more people over there are alot nastier and have the "this is why I'm better than you and why you are wrong complex" I've noticed Thesandtrap.com is just more friendly in general.

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

That other forum is a joke in my opinion. I understand that many of the people on TST are also on that forum as well, so you know that I'm obviously not including you in my statement. I found that the people that are on that forum, that are also on the TST, are the only ones with common sense or decency.

Brad Paisley - Online (I think they should listen to it, twice)

I noticed a few people that are there are here. I also noticed them sticking up for people being picked at. I have blank or non branded head covers on all my clubs. I like when people ask me what I'm playing and I tell them top flite, Dunlop, Simon or whatever to so hot company. Then I gauge how they treat me. Shows what kind of people they are if they treat you like garbage because of the clubs you use. People are just nasty at that other place and many remind me of the people I run into on a course who think less of a guy playing crappy clubs. We have a guy where I play who hits a 100 combo set bag included and is playing to a 2 hcp.......just would rather spend his money on his membership and other things. I had a guy a few weeks ago realize I was playing Adams cb1s and f11 drivers and he actually said......why didnt you tell us you had real clubs we would have liked you more and gave you a fair shake.......I said have a nice day and walked the rest of my 18 alone with my iPod and my thoughts. Came out 3 over par......left smiling. Saw those three and I didn't ask but all they did was complain about their game and frown......regardless of score I won. Which brings us back to this thread.....decency.....shotly......has none......screwed a lot of people. People need to learn to be a little nicer to others and businesses need to give a hoot about customers. If we all did it the world would be a better place to be and golf would be even more enjoyable.

Off track but are DailyDivot and Shotly related?  I never got e-mails from DailyDivot until I paid for the worthless Shotly grab bag.

Originally Posted by ryanf

Their website lists a NC address.  They also specifically stocking a "warehouse of stuff" that they sell one item/day at a time.  Shotly has stated they have no inventory.

Strange thing is I usually like the stuff I see on Shotly.com more than NailedItGolf.com.  This was the first time I purchased from either.  And the last from Shotly.

To help answer some questions, DIVOT is not related to shotly.com or theDailyDivot.com in any way.  You won't receive emails from DIVOT.com unless you subscribe or if you enter one of our contests. We do have a contest currently running, by the way.

We strive to be open and honest, so out of full disclosure DIVOT.com is partnered with GlobalGolf.com. We're based in North Carolina and we do have two large warehouses that fulfill orders for both websites.  DIVOT.com was created as a way to help clear out old inventory and have some fun in the process. The primary goal is to clear out space in the warehouse, so we try to sell the products at or below cost.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

FYI, received a PM from DailyDivot and they are not related to Shotly.  Still trying to think back to when I bought anything from them or Consumer Golf...that's the problem with buying so much golf stuff, you cannot remember what you bought!

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I submitted a dispute to my CC.

Always changing:

I didn't do this deal but had a very underwhelming experience on a few test orders with these guys.  Signed up as a premium member for free shipping and ordered two ~$25 orders within a few weeks of each other.  After nearly a month after the first order, I e-mailed to see what was happening.  No response.  Follow-up a few days later, no response.  Finally I got a response after that when I threatened a paypal dispute.  Miraculously, a few days later my order is drop shipped from a golf store back east (despite their website saying my order was shipped weeks previously).  I did eventually get my order, but after a huge headache.  To their credit their response was apologetic and they offered a $20 store credit, but when I e-mailed about how to use it I got no response.  I haven't bothered to follow-up.

Seems to me they are a one or two-man operation that are in way over their head.  This whole grab bag debacle and Matt's responses in the other forum seems to confirm it.

You judge a business by how they handle adversity.  I didn't participate in the grab bag because I had questions about how well it would be handled.  If everyone is paying $25 and are told to expect something shipped to them that's worth $25 whether it be a gag gift or whatever and some are going to win a set of clubs or driver the math didn't add up.  The other concern was a grab bag is supposed to be random (based on luck) but in this case it was too easy for them to decide who got "gold" and who got "old".

The real concern is that these guys were all over the forum during the offer and shortly after but now that it appears they are in hiding rather than stepping up to address their customers problems.   You can't ignore unhappy customers and hope they go away.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

You judge a business by how they handle adversity.  I didn't participate in the grab bag because I had questions about how well it would be handled.  If everyone is paying $25 and are told to expect something shipped to them that's worth $25 whether it be a gag gift or whatever and some are going to win a set of clubs or driver the math didn't add up.  The other concern was a grab bag is supposed to be random (based on luck) but in this case it was too easy for them to decide who got "gold" and who got "old".

The real concern is that these guys were all over the forum during the offer and shortly after but now that it appears they are in hiding rather than stepping up to address their customers problems.   You can't ignore unhappy customers and hope they go away.

This is exactly why I opened a PayPal dispute... well that and the fact that this Matt guy called all of us dumba$$es on the other forum!!!

A grab bag deal can work out financially because they can use MSRPs from 5-15 years ago to satisfy the value claims.  Just because they advertise $25 MSRP (or, really, $250 MSRP at a 90% discount) does not mean the math does not work.  It can work if they serve as a liquidator.  Unfortunately, I do not think these guys have the know-how to pull off a successful grab bag and they certainly do not have the slightest comprehension of how to run a business and serve customers.  Calling customers dumba**es because they expect you to live up to your end of the deal is very classy.

FYI, lie number 1 was posting grab bags as shipped on the 15th (which is what mine showed) even though they did not ship out until this past Monday.  Geeze, how about some transparency and just admit the items did not ship because you were overwhelmed and had to scramble to find crap...and literally crap.  Although I do have to say I kind of like the ball retrievers a few lucky people received...guess the gold was the retrievers and one set of irons.  Everything else has been bargain box crap.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Always changing:

Whether they got a great deal off of this grab-bag or not by sending out years old cheap items, they lost more by losing multitudes of customers. Calling us dumbasses doesn't help. It would be one thing if you put a great product out there with poor customer service, it's a whole other hole you dig yourself when you put out a bad product and have bad customer service. I'm fairly sure that the owners of Shotly don't care. They got their quickie out of this and are probably sitting pretty and proud of their "achievement". They probably have no plans for Shotly in the future, and if they did... they had better shape up, because they lost probably 90% of their customer base.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Wow the golfwrx folks are getting nasty and resorting to name calling........what a different breed......I've about had it with the folks there.....when this shotly thing is done my wrx account goes away to......I'm tired of watching folks get picked at by self righteous pricks

If anyone would like my avatar, I am willing to sell it for $25 and I will throw in free shipping. Indeed it is worth $25, maybe even more. I don't have a warehouse with any in it, they are hand drawn. And if you don't like it, you are a dumbass, Thanks for the donation.

Note: This thread is 4570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!