IGNORED

Tiger Woods and Joe LaCava! Ooohhhh

MiniBlueDragon
Note: This thread is 4608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They were also all the people that were around him when he made the decisions/mistakes that have cost him so much personal and financial pain.  Sometimes people close to you become enablers so you need to cut ties with them and start fresh if you want to make significant changes in your life.

Originally Posted by makaveli

Good for you if you think this was a good idea, I, on the other side, think it was a really stupid move, we'll see in a couple of years what will be the outcome! ;)

I won't define caddy and coach semi-close people, I think they maybe the closest people he had together with his manager (imho)

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sure, if you think these financial mistakes weighted more than all the other achievements I think you have a good point! I have still my convinction

Originally Posted by newtogolf

They were also all the people that were around him when he made the decisions/mistakes that have cost him so much personal and financial pain.  Sometimes people close to you become enablers so you need to cut ties with them and start fresh if you want to make significant changes in your life.

Joe LaCava looks more like a Nike Guy than an Adidas Guy for one thing. But seriously Tiger Woods handled this 100% correctly and all he did was say to the Caddies Here is by Bag, Who Wants It? Joe LaCava among several other Top Caddies quite obviously did. Woods took a look at the resumes did his due diligence to follow up on each guy and quite obviously it was Freddie Couples who Sold Tiger Woods on Joe LaCava. Now comes the delicate part. Tiger knows before Dustin Johnson Knows that Dustin's Caddy Joe LaCava wants to Bail on Dustin for Tiger's Bag... That's no different than any of you who have interviewed with another company and the company show interest in you by saying yeah you can come work for us, but you haven't told your company yet . How many of those Times has the Company that wanted to hire you away from your Current Employer, Picked up the Phone and Called your Boss and say Hey, Do you Mind if I Hire Your Guy Away From You?? NEVER!! This entire Media Created Drama is Ridiculous!! Tiger Woods handled this exactly as he should have handled it. And he told Joe LaCava you would have to tell you boss of "YOUR DECISION" before I hire you. Case Closed. Other than Blabber Mouth Butch Harmon Whining about it On TV this would not have come out until Monday. Dustin called Butch his Tournament was Over which is when LaCava informed him of his Decision and Crybaby Butch Blabbed it on the Air Sunday Night. Not Tiger Woods. This entire Soap Opera is a Joke!

i dont get why so many liken this situation to the real world of stealing an employee or hiring someone away...its not the real world..its not the corporate world...in corporate you can get away with anything legal...in golf we call penalties on ourselves? trying to liken the two as one in the same is an epic fail. if it is stated on tv and in press that pga players have an unspoken code....that requires a player to call another to show his interest in a caddie then...then...that is the code. do i think in real life you try and snag without the other knowing...a good employee ?....yes...of course. So in my reason of thought i get that tiger did nothing wrong....but i am not in the golf world...and the golf world tells me thats how its done...there are certain curticies and protocols i am not privy too, that are do's and don'ts......and apparently taking one guys caddie from another with not a word....is a improper move. is this a soap opera? of course. but for all us hackers to say what was right or wrong is a waste of time. The pga has a code of what to do that is right and wrong...it is not on paper..but players know it and its simple...tiger doesnt care and does what he wants and it is not going to change him or others views of him. he is what he is. but what he did...according to the pros...not me...the pros...was wrong etiquette.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sharkhark

if it is stated on tv and in press that pga players have an unspoken code....that requires a player to call another to show his interest in a caddie then...then...that is the code. do i think in real life you try and snag without the other knowing...a good employee ?....yes...of course.

It's only an unspoken code sometimes. Paul Goydos tweeted about two of his caddies being "stolen." Never was asked for "permission."

In other words, it's only come to light that it's "customary" or that there's an "unspoken code" so Tiger can get flamed for it. Name the last time this happened and someone got in trouble for it... did Adam Scott contact Tiger about using Stevie for another tournament? Nope. And yet Stevie is the one pissed off about that. Go figure.

And again, what if Dustin Johnson had said no? It wouldn't change anything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

In other words, it's only come to light that it's "customary" or that there's an "unspoken code" so Tiger can get flamed for it. Name the last time this happened and someone got in trouble for it... did Adam Scott contact Tiger about using Stevie for another tournament? Nope. And yet Stevie is the one pissed off about that. Go figure.

Yes but Steve asked Tiger if he could fill in for a few tournaments, Tiger said yes. Then Tiger gave him the arse.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by iacas

It's only an unspoken code sometimes. Paul Goydos tweeted about two of his caddies being "stolen." Never was asked for "permission."

And again, what if Dustin Johnson had said no? It wouldn't change anything.

And if it's true that LaCava contacted Tiger about the job then there's no reason at all to criticize Tiger Woods.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Yes but Steve asked Tiger if he could fill in for a few tournaments, Tiger said yes. Then Tiger gave him the arse.

I think he asked to fill in for one tournament - the U.S. Open. The second one (that he didn't ask about) may or may not be the one that got him fired.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!