IGNORED

What Ball is your favourite?

Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i love the one platinum, not quite as spinny as the hex tour, but overall a good ball. prov's and the tp taylormades are sick too, but the good ol' range ball is a must when ur tired and on those pain in the ass driving holes.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Callaway HX hots when its cold out. But most of the time Titleist Pro V1's. Love that ball.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

I like and play the Bridgestone E5 most of the time, I really like the way it feels coming off the clubhead. When I can afford them I really like the TaylorMade TP Red's, long and soft but a bit pricey.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

• 2 weeks later...
I can´t stand the new type of balls like the Pro V1, I always get the Titleist Professionals off Ebay, thats the best ball ever I think.

Can you elaborate? Is the V1 too hard...has less spin...too expensive...not workable...etc...?

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Can you elaborate? Is the V1 too hard...has less spin...too expensive...not workable...etc...?

The "feel" is really awkward (spelling? i´m swedish... :D). I´t feels a bit hard, but it´s no rock, the spin i s enough, the price is terrible, as with all premium golf balls. It´s probably a terrific ball, but I personally don´t like it, then again, I still haven´t found a spoon I like more than the Orlimar Trimetal

Greatings all,

If I find a pro v1, I'll hoard it like a squirrel

Serioulsy, though I just buy what ever is on sale from the major manufactures. Last year consumer reports did a test on golf balls, and found that "Iron Byron" stuck balls, pretty much went the same distances. However, used balls retrieved from a water hazards are not good balls to play a round with. These balls however make a great shag balls!

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

So I started out using the Taylor Made Speed, at first the ball and I had a love-hate relationship. It loved the trees and I hated hitting it in there. It seems that the problem was not the ball but the monkey holding on the end of the club (ie. me). Since realigning my swing I have found that this ball is sweet! It goes long on the drive and stops on a dime!

I am sure that many balls will do the same thing, but I am a strong believer that if you have confidence in a part of your game and it is working for you, don't change it! If it aint broke, don't fix it!

BigDog

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

Nike ONE black is my favorite but very close is Callaway HX Tour and about even with that is the Bridgestone B330.

The best new ball for the buck now is the TopFlite D2 feel. Amazing ball for $16 for 15 balls...

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

The "feel" is really awkward (spelling? i´m swedish... :D). I´t feels a bit hard, but it´s no rock, the spin i s enough, the price is terrible, as with all premium golf balls. It´s probably a terrific ball, but I personally don´t like it, then again, I still haven´t found a spoon I like more than the Orlimar Trimetal

Thanks...I loved the old Professional too. Other than the ProV1...the Taylormade Red is a good premium ball...it's about 4$-5$ less than the new ProV1. The ProV1 is my mainstay for it's length and feel for me. However, the quality of balls out there at different price points is really great for any swing out there.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I have a tough time sticking with a ball but I mainly use ProV1X's

I like some of the other 3 piece balls (prov, nike plat, b330, hxtour) but I lose distance with them. The spin rate is just to high... if I play any tournaments or serious rounds I have to use the prov1x

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

NXT Tour by a long shot Golf Digest(something like)--- "hit these for a $3 less per ball and see if you miss it's older brother"

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• 5 months later...
NXT Tour, mainly because I love the feel, and I get pretty good spin out of them. Also they are cheaper then the ProV1/x. but like many people have said, if I have the money I will get ProV1/x's.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!