IGNORED

Tommy Armour 845 Irons??

Note: This thread is 2391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

which way is the number on the sole oriented? if it's like the 5 iron that is pictured above (which does have a ferrule), it's definitely not first generation.

My wife has the Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scot "MC Flow Set"

3-6 are cavity backs

7-P are blades.

They had a cast version and a forged version. "We" have the forged version (picked up off Ebay for ~ $40 - mint condition) and they're just simply beautiful irons (to look at and to play). They were a touch short for me and had R shafts, so I asked her if she wanted them to replace her ladies irons. She really likes them, but considering the amount she plays, they'll probably eventually get handed down to one of our kids (and still be in mint condition).

pG01-1016311reg.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

My wife has the Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scot "MC Flow Set"

3-6 are cavity backs

7-P are blades.

They had a cast version and a forged version. "We" have the forged version (picked up off Ebay for ~ $40 - mint condition) and they're just simply beautiful irons (to look at and to play). They were a touch short for me and had R shafts, so I asked her if she wanted them to replace her ladies irons. She really likes them, but considering the amount she plays, they'll probably eventually get handed down to one of our kids (and still be in mint condition).

EDIT - they're SilverBacks, not the Silver Scots

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Brian Fergusson

Definitely not oriented like 5 iron above - here's a picture of the set:

the paintfill on the "845s" and "SILVERSCOT" are reversed between yours and mine. seems like there are a lot of iterations. they did release a polished chrome version in the early 00's - you could have a set of those. they are identical to the original clubs (except for the finish).

• 5 years later...

I almost had a lapse in judgment and upgraded from my 20 year old set of Tommy Armour 845s Silverscot irons. Whew. Glad I didn't. I lost the 3 iron somewhere along the way, time to supplement the set with a few hybrids but the leave the irons just as they are. 

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They use to be top of the line clubs back in the 90's with lots of people playing the 855. I don't know what happened, but they fell off big time. I bought a set of tommy armour forged blades in the early 2000's i think, and they were fantastic at a super discount.  To me they were budget mizuno blades, then a year or 2 later I bought mizunos and haven't used anything else since. 

For that price you can't really go wrong for a whole set of irons. You are going to pay a fortune if you want to buy a brand spanking new set of super game improvement irons. I say get them because the price is cheap.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

The 845U Silverback irons carry a very high Maltby rating, much like the older Big Berthas. A friend says they are the best he has ever had. If I didn't have so many sets, I might ... -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still rockin' TA 845s SilverScots -- 1i through 9i with the Tour Step stiff flex...I've tried some others, but I don't hit new irons any farther (significant) distance...I may buy a 2nd set of TA 845s and put a Nippon Modus3 105 stiff shafts in them...

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 2391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!