IGNORED

Chevron World Challenge 2011 Thread

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Tiger showed that he is ready to compete at high level. When Zack sunk that putt on 16 i wasn't sure if Tiger was going to respond because he hasnt been in those types of situations as of late,its not like he was putting very well in the final round.But Tiger was his old self when he made two huge birdie putts to get his first win a 2 yrs. It is safe to say that he is back,he showed great form at the presidents cup but i felt that he needed a win before we can start believing again.

Originally Posted by dolfinack

Nice win over 17 people :)

Wow, really?

17 hacks too, never heard of any of 'em. Yep, they'll pretty much let anyone play in the Chevron.. Β :)

Originally Posted by walk18

Yeah, hats off to Zach, but I think even he knew that Tiger was finally back.

Well if you saw his reaction he kinda knew that Tiger was going to drain it.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Was there really a need for yet another thread about it? It just makes the forum messy....

Yes there is a need because Tiger the great won today and it made my day.

Fair enough.....

I'll take note thatΒ from now on, whenever one of my favourites win, I can put my opinion onΒ the winΒ in it's very own thread

Originally Posted by franky21

Originally Posted by deasy55

Fair enough.....

I'll take note thatΒ from now on, whenever one of my favourites win, I can put my opinion onΒ the winΒ in it's very own thread

That is fine with me,i never critique anyone for the way they do things i just either give my opinion or just ignore the thread.You have to say he sunk two incredible putts to stick it to Zach.

Today was a good day for the networks looking torwards next year. Β Lee and Rory had big wins and along comes Tiger to capitalize on 2 birdies in the final 2 holes to win. I can just see the advertising for the tour opener.

Good for Tiger, good for the fans, and good for golf. Β Maybe he will build upon this next year and we will see the kind of golf he is capable of. Β I have to admit I enjoyed watching Tiger finally put something together when it counted. Β Everyone knew he was going to drain that last putt.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*Β  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

As much as I'm pleased to see him get the monkey off his backΒ  - BORING thread

In my mizuno.gifΒ Neo Cart Bag or rife.gifΒ Staff Bag on clicgear.gifΒ 2.0 Trolley
Β Driver:Β R11 10.5* | Β 3W:Β CB4 15* | adams.gifΒ Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gifΒ Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gifΒ Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gifΒ Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gifΒ Ball: B330-RX Β Ball: Pro V1

Β 

Originally Posted by the19thhole

As much as I'm pleased to see him get the monkey off his backΒ  - BORING thread

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Today was a good day for the networks looking torwards next year. Β Lee and Rory had big wins and along comes Tiger to capitalize on 2 birdies in the final 2 holes to win. I can just see the advertising for the tour opener.

Good for Tiger, good for the fans, and good for golf. Β Maybe he will build upon this next year and we will see the kind of golf he is capable of. Β I have to admit I enjoyed watching Tiger finally put something together when it counted. Β Everyone knew he was going to drain that last putt.

I totally agree that this is good for the tour and makes for some juicy headlines next year.The top euro players are playing well and Tiger back in form really makes for a action packed 2012 season.

:sleep: As much as I'm pleased to see him get the monkey off his backΒ  - BORING thread

Why, why, why? ....do people feel the need to police threads? The OP felt that his comment deserved it's own thread and it does. No need to merge it. If people don't like it, let it live or die on it's own. I'm tired of the 'forum police'. BTW - I'm very excited about Tiger's win, sure it w as a limited field, but going birdie-birdie to win is great any day. I told my wife, 5 wins w/ a Master's in 2012 for Tiger, watch out.

In my :nike:Β Β bag on my :clicgear:Β cart ...

Driver: :ping:Β G10 9* Β  Β 3-Wood: :cleveland:Β Launcher
Hybrid: :adams:Β 20* Hybrid Β  Β  Β Irons: :ping:Β i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland:Β 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10 Β  Β Β Putter: :ping:Β Craz-e (original blue)

Originally Posted byΒ deasy55

Was there really a need for yet another thread about it? It just makes the forum messy....

As you can tell the thread was merged, please search for existing threads or post in the designated thread. Β It's just more unnecessary work for us. Β Appreciate the enthusiasm though

Originally Posted byΒ TheGeekGolfer

Why, why, why? ....do people feel the need to police threads? The OP felt that his comment deserved it's own thread and it does. No need to merge it. If people don't like it, let it live or die on it's own. I'm tired of the 'forum police'.

Just keeping things organized. Β User won't feel like they have to monitor 2 threads when this one will obviously be talking about Tiger's win.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

As you can tell the thread was merged, please search for existing threads or post in the designated thread. Β It's just more unnecessary work for us. Β Appreciate the enthusiasm though

I did see the thread i really didnt want to just talk about about the Chevron,i write things certain ways to lure people in.I wanted to get into what it does for the next season and things of that nature which is where my thread was heading.Sometimes it takes a couple of guys to start replying to get the juices flowing.

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Why, why, why? ....do people feel the need to police threads? The OP felt that his comment deserved it's own thread and it does. No need to merge it. If people don't like it, let it live or die on it's own. I'm tired of the 'forum police'.

BTW - I'm very excited about Tiger's win, sure it w as a limited field, but going birdie-birdie to win is great any day. I told my wife, 5 wins w/ a Master's in 2012 for Tiger, watch out.

I am pretty upset that it was merged because my thread never got a chance to develop.I put alot of time on this site to write great threats that get people really going so when my thread isnt given a chance it is like a slap in the face.

I just watched the last five holes on replay (time difference here in Hawaii I usually don't watch sporting events live).Β  What a great way to win.Β  I'm glad Tiger had to finish with two birdies to win--that more than anything else will be great for his confidence.Β  Not only that, but he hit a perfect drive on 18 when he had to.

Looking at Zach's face when Tiger drained the put (dead center, BTW) on 18 you know he and his caddy were asking each other "We'll see if Tiger is really back" after Z made that putt on 16.Β  The look they shared on the 18th was "Yep--looks like he is."

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by k-troop

I just watched the last five holes on replay (time difference here in Hawaii I usually don't watch sporting events live).Β  What a great way to win.Β  I'm glad Tiger had to finish with two birdies to win--that more than anything else will be great for his confidence.Β  Not only that, but he hit a perfect drive on 18 when he had to.

Looking at Zach's face when Tiger drained the put (dead center, BTW) on 18 you know he and his caddy were asking each other "We'll see if Tiger is really back" after Z made that putt

Yes it was pretty funny,he did give Tiger all he could handle.I am happy to see him finally sink some putts and make some key shots. I have to say putting that stinger shot back into his arsenol of shots really helped him with the wind.

Note:Β This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!