IGNORED

Tebow...who's got the fever?

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 4488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you a fan of Tim Tebow?

• Oh yea!
    • Eh, nah.
    • He's ok but, not worth the hype

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Most teams are fielding questions about RGIII and others.  I heard the Rams discussing that while Bradford is their "franchise" QB they would select Griffin if they didn't get offered enough to trade the slot.  They are comparing this draft to the one that featured Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers.

As for Tebow, Elway needs to spend some time with him and determine if his release can be fixed.  If Elway can fix him, then I think he remains the starting QB for the Bronco's, if they can't, then they cut him because he will be too large a distraction to the team if he remains.

He's a distraction? How can he be a distraction if he's winning games? The team rallied around him, and would have been well under .500 if they didn't play so hard in the final weeks. The fact that he has technical flaws is secondary to his ability to win. Getting a second QB is a bigger distraction than he is, and would be a big screwjob on him. They aren't a team that excels in every position except QB; their D is good but could stand some additions, as well as their offense. Maybe a good TE, or pass rusher.

Cutting or trading Tebow for an unknown QB, no matter what the scouting report says, is dumb. The team likes him and have good chemistry right now. They might not be a championship team, but they are competitive and could contend with a couple more pieces. You don't get rid of him when he's the heart and soul of the team, and he's done precious little but win since he started.

The only way Tebow's holding this team back is preventing the fans from deserting, and their record from going 6-10. If they cut him and the team doesn't make a serious playoff run this year, expect Elway to get some serious negative feedback.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

He's a distraction? How can he be a distraction if he's winning games? The team rallied around him, and would have been well under .500 if they didn't play so hard in the final weeks. The fact that he has technical flaws is secondary to his ability to win. Getting a second QB is a bigger distraction than he is, and would be a big screwjob on him. They aren't a team that excels in every position except QB; their D is good but could stand some additions, as well as their offense. Maybe a good TE, or pass rusher.

Cutting or trading Tebow for an unknown QB, no matter what the scouting report says, is dumb. The team likes him and have good chemistry right now. They might not be a championship team, but they are competitive and could contend with a couple more pieces. You don't get rid of him when he's the heart and soul of the team, and he's done precious little but win since he started.

The only way Tebow's holding this team back is preventing the fans from deserting, and their record from going 6-10. If they cut him and the team doesn't make a serious playoff run this year, expect Elway to get some serious negative feedback.

He's not a distraction but he may hold the team back if he doesn't improve and his ability to win was slipping at the end of last season. Keep in mind that the D, some luck, and Marion Barber being stupid was a big part of his ability to win games. A lot of people fail to realize that he closed the season out 0-3 but he did win a playoff game. There is no way the Broncos can go into this season without having a decent back up because if he struggles they will need to make a change. All the Broncos need to do is name him the starting QB and see what happens he might be good or he might be bad. I agree with you that they can't cut or trade him but you can't go into the season without a quality back up even for the sake of him getting injured. If Del Rio sticks with the same type of hybrid style D that Allen ran all they need a good run stuffing tackle and the D will be very good. However Del Rio switches to 4-3 which is what he primarily runs it might cause some growing pains on D especially for Von Miller's pass rush which was amazing last year. I'd have to say the Broncos are headed in the right direction but I also think that division is going get to get better over the next few years.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

He's not a distraction now, he's their starting QB, but if they move up to draft RGIII that would tell me he's not their long term starter and if during camp RGIII outplays him he might not even start the season.  IMO you can't have a polarizing guy like Tebow sitting on the bench while you try to develop a rookie QB.  People love Tebow because he's the guy that doesn't have the best mechanics, doesn't have the best football mind, but wins football games because he's a leader and he wears his heart and faith on his sleeve.  I like Tebow, I'd like him more as a linebacker than a QB but I like the way he plays the game.

The reality is Denvers D won those games by keeping the offense in the games.  Tebow's last minute heroics charged the crowd, but as a coach or owner you don't want to go into every game losing until the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and hope your QB pulls out a miracle.  The offense generated by Tebow at the QB position was minimal compared to most starting QB's.  He had one game where his passing yards were on par for a QB on a playoff team.

As I said if Elway can fix his release he'll likely start, but if not I would bet they'd cut him rather than have him sit on the bench so riled up Tebow fans can complain and 2nd guess the decision.

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Joe Paradiso

I agree he isn't the prototypical passer, and others might generate more yards. I also agree that the D is the best part of the team, but Tebow is the figure that rallies the team. I seriously doubt Elway is stupid enough to pull him. It would cause problems in the locker room, as well as upset a fan base that was whisper quiet until this season. Elway is a smart guy, and obviously a good leader; he knows that the fanbase would lynch him if he tore down the one figure who brought the team some life, over what seems to be a personal/aesthetic issue.

Now what he might do to Tebow is try and coach him to death; make him so miserable he chooses to leave, or if he responds, he would have better skills. Sort of win win, but it could still cause issues in the locker room and it would be a rebuilding year indeed for the Broncos without him, no matter his replacement. QBs out of college should not start in the NFL no matter their talent. It's unfair and they become the goat when the team loses. Not to mention, Tebow has proven he has the head to win in the playoffs, but no other rookie is a guarantee. Head cases are hard to spot sometimes, and harder to fix.

They could improve yards and points per game by making a move at QB, but let's not pretend they're Superbowl bound if they had an elite pocket passer. They have some other issues to address, and they are a young team after all. They'll improve, and Tebow could be the greatest player on earth but his team needs to play their hearts out and improve their execution to win games.

I'll admit that Tebow isn't very marketable though; I'd love him as a backup on any team, but his best chance is to stay where he is whatever it takes. I hope the Broncos keep the momentum they started this season; they're a young and exciting team. I like seeing new teams in the playoffs at times instead of the Ravens, Saints, Pats, Steelers.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 4488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!