IGNORED

Anyone else use Golfnow.com and lose all their reward points?

Vladimir Puttin'
Note: This thread is 4261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah.... that didn't occur to me when I read it first..... That would be like buying, for example, a hammer... the hammer breaks... You take it back and get an exchange for a new hammer with no additional cost. Then you proceed to ask for your money back after the exchange.....

Pshirinian makes his very first post to the forum as a scathing complaint about GolfNow..... .....3 minutes later, GolfByMe makes HIS very first post to offer an alternative to GolfNow. Interesting.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes..... interesting indeed.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

it's a fake post...

if he was really a longtime a using customer he would not have booking fees in the first place....the guy has one post to his credit and it is to bitch about something at golfnow...

AND I cant emphasis this enough the real reason it is a fake post is low and behold the spammer comes in right behind(within 10 minutes) and post "oh we are sorry to hear about bad customer service... go to this website instead"... and that one has 3 posts to their credit...my guess is that this "golfbyme's" other posts are just as spammy...

i have never had a problem with their customer service ... and sure maybe it is cause i am in the top ten bookers in dallas... and maybe it is cause in general i am a nice guy when i call in to get something changed and have the general disposition that hey i F'd up when booking... and i know the rules of booking a tee time .. .thus i am responsible and anything they cant change and if they dont charge me for is them just being polite... i guess personal responsibility is out of style though.

as far as the spam i realize that i am not mr huge poster on the sand trap... so my word carries little to know weight here but as someone that owns well over a 100 websites... i know spam when i see it ... and this is it ... i would suggest the moderator delete those two spammy posts from this thread...

have a good labor day guys.

Fellow Golfers-

The post about an alternative was not meant to be spammy. I apologize if it was viewed that way. Perhaps we were replying to a thread which was spam but we did not realize that and just trying to be helpful.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone=

Bryan

GolfByMe

Fellow Golfers- The post about an alternative was not meant to be spammy. I apologize if it was viewed that way. Perhaps we were replying to a thread which was spam but we did not realize that and just trying to be helpful. Have a wonderful holiday everyone= Bryan GolfByMe

The thread is fine. pshirinian joining the forum just to post a questionable complaint about GolfNow followed immediately by you joining just to post your alternative IS spam. A suspicious person might even suspect that the two posts originated from the same person, simply under different names to appear less self serving. No one could possibly think the membership is that stupid though.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I respect your thoughts on this because that poor practice does exist. Like I said, I was just trying to offer a little help and it was misinterpreted due to the questionable post and the timeline.

One thing is for sure, I love golf and we would never bring anything to the forum that is detrimental for our collaboration.

Originally Posted by GolfBM

I respect your thoughts on this because that poor practice does exist. Like I said, I was just trying to offer a little help and it was misinterpreted due to the questionable post and the timeline.

One thing is for sure, I love golf and we would never bring anything to the forum that is detrimental for our collaboration.

This coincidence is like hitting the lottery. Bryan, you are using grass roots marketing my friend. That is a very poor business practice which shows serious signs of desperation and a total lack of legitimacy. Please don't do that to yourself, or your self-respect.

EDIT: Most people forget that your IP Address is available and I'm sure that a quick glance on Erik's behalf could display whether or not Bryan is using 2 of the same names.

If you're serious about collaborating with the site you should become an "Insider" and not attempt to cash in on spam posts even if you didn't create it.

Originally Posted by GolfBM

Joe Paradiso

golfnow is alot like eBay ... they know they're pretty much the only game in town in their respective endeavors, and have very rigid rules and policies.     I get such unbelievable deals on golfnow (just got back from a $15 round), and use it so much, I don't even care about whatever points they use or don't use.  Golfnow has been helpful when I've tried to get money back from rainouts, so they're fine by me ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Golfnow is probably the only reason why golf is affordable to me. If it wasn't for them trying to golf in Las Vegas would be a very expensive endeavor. I try not to pay more than 30 dollars a round. I always try to play around  2-3 pm so that price range give me a lest a option of 6 course I can try. Never had a problem with golfnow. I'm bummed I have to pay the fees come December and I only joined in July, but oh well. Next year I'm sure I'll get free fees in no time.

I just looked it up as I am in the UK, it's suprising it caters for NI and Scotland, but not the rest of the UK... its the equivilent of Teetimes or Teeofftimes, maybe there is some marketing rights going on.

Anyhoo, as I am a golfing nomad, these sites are ideal for me.

Originally Posted by Lesterday

Golfnow is probably the only reason why golf is affordable to me. If it wasn't for them trying to golf in Las Vegas would be a very expensive endeavor. I try not to pay more than 30 dollars a round. I always try to play around  2-3 pm so that price range give me a lest a option of 6 course I can try. Never had a problem with golfnow. I'm bummed I have to pay the fees come December and I only joined in July, but oh well. Next year I'm sure I'll get free fees in no time.

It sounds like you enjoy playing different courses when ever possible. I know its a drag playing the same course all the time, but my home course has the best deal in town guaranteed. You have to sign a year contract for $29 a month. You get unlimited range balls after 10am, and full rounds for $10 after 10am. Its the PDP program 10 after 10. If you live anywhere near the course (Desert Rose) you should at least look into it. I'm there a few times a week.

Sincerely, Jim

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

It sounds like you enjoy playing different courses when ever possible. I know its a drag playing the same course all the time, but my home course has the best deal in town guaranteed. You have to sign a year contract for $29 a month. You get unlimited range balls after 10am, and full rounds for $10 after 10am. Its the PDP program 10 after 10. If you live anywhere near the course (Desert Rose) you should at least look into it. I'm there a few times a week.

Oh Desert Rose, I played it about 4 months ago in the dead heat of summer. That place reeked of water sewage, that's my only problem with that place. Also, the house lining desert rose probably wish people hit them with errant shops so they'd have money to renovate their property. The ditch that plays to the right is pretty bad, I was afraid to venture down there to retrieve my ball. A lot of balls where left that day for my safety lol. Have you ever tried Las Vegas Golf Club, I think they have a similar deal like that. Oh I will say the guy in the pro shop/restaurant was awesome,he was cooking food, checking in golfers and setting up golf carts all at the same time. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about, he made the experience at lest bearable. Hopefully I see you around town, good luck.

I played Desert Rose last year - I recall that sewage smell as well (first thing I thought of - we thought they had a problem with the rest rooms ?!?!)       Not a bad course for the price ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by pshirinian

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED....I accidentally booked a tee time for the wrong date and called the course to cancel within 2 minutes of booking. Emerson golf course was kind enough to cancel my reservation and changed the tee time for no additional cost and also willing to give me the same price I would of received through golfnow.com. Golfnow refuses to refund the $6 booking fee they tacked onto my reservation which I am normal happy to pay because of the deals I have received through golfnow in the past. Golfnow is now willing to lose a lifetime customer over $6 lousy dollars....real professional. I waive $300 fees for my clients just to keep up customer relations because I understand that mistakes happen but keeping my clients happy is the way my business has thrived over the years with repeat business and referrals, but golfnow can not bring themselves to refund $6 to keep a growing business. They are obviously in this for the short run and have no plans for longterm success. I hope this site really enjoys my $6 because it is the last they will ever get from me. It is clear they have not developed a strategic business plan for success.

You paid the booking fee and you received a reservation. You then changed the reservation because you made a mistake. You are playing golf for the same amount of money that you would have paid without changing. How did Golfnow screw up? If you get a refund from Golfnow, you should forfeit the Golfnow price that the booking fee provided and pay the call up price that the golf course would have charged you. What am I missing other than you registered for a forum over $6?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!