IGNORED

Superstar Field at Abu Dhabi This Week

brocks
Note: This thread is 4469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12a.m in ca.Man i'm looking forward to this.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

12a.m in ca.Man i'm looking forward to this.

Me too. Don't want to jinx him, but I just dozed off while watching the TGC promo of tonight's match, and dreamed that he took a big divot and popped up his first tee shot.

errrrmmm....its 3.30am here and im up watching it, so you can all shush! ;)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

And we're off!!! so excited for this!
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

birdie #1 of 2012 didnt take long for tiger or rory

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Rory started shaky but obviously looking sharp now.  Tiger looking sharp tee-to-green, but just missed two very makeable birdie putts.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Thank you, Golf Channel, for ruining my DVR by bumping the overnight airing of School of Golf I had set on record.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Tiger is driving the ball very well so far, but he can't get the short irons and wedges close enough. Rory and Donald look both a bit ordinary today so far.

And well...they don't show any other players on Sky

I wish I had giant hospitality structures behind the greens at my course to deflect balls back towards the greens and keep them in bounds. If that wasn't there rory's ball would have been in the parking lot. He gets a free drop and now he has a 4 foot putt for birdie. I wonder how many strokes are saved on the PGA Tour from balls hitting spectators, grandstands, hospitality areas etc.. That just might be my first thread that I start.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

I wish I had giant hospitality structures behind the greens at my course to deflect balls back towards the greens and keep them in bounds. If that wasn't there rory's ball would have been in the parking lot. He gets a free drop and now he has a 4 foot putt for birdie. I wonder how many strokes are saved on the PGA Tour from balls hitting spectators, grandstands, hospitality areas etc.. That just might be my first thread that I start.

In this case I agree ... Rory got a break, but often they are playing into much smaller areas around the greens than normal because much of it is roped off for the gallery.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Other than the 2nd (11th) hole, Tiger has been poor with the putter.  Just missed about a 3 footer for birdie on the 18th green (his 9th hole).

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

In this case I agree ... Rory got a break, but often they are playing into much smaller areas around the greens than normal because much of it is roped off for the gallery.

But that roped off area is still inbounds and the trouble areas would be behind the spectators...so I am unclear as what your point is. What I am saying is that players "occasionally" benefit from big crowds and structures that wouldn't be there if they were playing these courses any other time. Yea there are "smaller areas" but there is also backstops that keep their ball in play. Players with the biggest crowds, ie Tiger, Phil definitely save a few shots here and there on the tight courses because there is a wall of 15,000 fans surrounding the entire permitter of the hole. Balls that would normally go deep into the trees or into a hazard sometimes get stopped by some spectator's forehead. Phil probably benefits from this more than any player. So if you think about it, these popular players have a slight advantage. Just sayin

Note: This thread is 4469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!