IGNORED

Cleveland Classic Driver

Domenic
Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you think?

• Handsome
    • Wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it
    • Looking to buy

I am looking at buying. Great looking club.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

I guess I'm in the minority here.  I think it's completely ugly, but I have hit it and it's a great club besides the faux woodgrain.  The fact that Cleveland is using Miyazaki shafts is great as well, you get a real shaft in every driver instead of a Fit On or Made For version of the real thing.

glad this thread got revived. Honesly, I moved on. Looks like not enough tech, as say RBZ or Razr Fit. It's light, big deal. And lets not say its good enough from Graeme cuz honestly who cares?

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Cleveland Classic has a very deep clubface, helpful to golfers who play courses with chopped-up tees boxes on occasion.

Got to do a CC vs. Rocketbalz driver test in February. Classic in R-flex, 10.5*, 290 gram model worked quite well. It seemed to be less head-heavy, better overall balance like the old persimmon woods. After a few shots, could get straight or slight draw  most of the time.

Rocketbalz, in comparison, scattered all over the place. As I've said in other threads, RBZ might be good driver if you cut 1.5" off the shaft.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by WUTiger

Cleveland Classic has a very deep clubface, helpful to golfers who play courses with chopped-up tees boxes on occasion.

Got to do a CC vs. Rocketbalz driver test in February. Classic in R-flex, 10.5*, 290 gram model worked quite well. It seemed to be less head-heavy, better overall balance like the old persimmon woods. After a few shots, could get straight or slight draw  most of the time.

Rocketbalz, in comparison, scattered all over the place. As I've said in other threads, RBZ might be good driver if you cut 1.5" off the shaft.

Never thought about the chopped up tee box benefit but that really makes tons of sense, I tried one of these classic drivers at GS but I couldn't say wich model but I really like the performance of this club in the simulator and would really love to take one of the demos to the course with me for a real tryout. I used to own staff pressimon woods back in the day D-3-4 and would relly enjoy having something like this to play again. Wonder if Cleveland will introduce classic fairway woods in future.

Originally Posted by Domenic 

I saw one of those bright red drivers at the Golf Dome yesterday. what are they?..........and exuse me for misspelling a word that's not even in the dictionary. (BTW I won my school spelling bee, so yeah)

a : to make psychologically uneasy : intimidate , scare psych me — Jerry Quarry> —often used with out psych ing out the competition> b : to make (as oneself) psychologically ready especially for performance —often used with up < psych ed herself up for the race>
The spelling bee claim simply cannot be true.

dak4n6

OK Mr. Scientifical to get back on your good side, I'll wait for you to sneeze. Then I'll say "You know, one goes nowhere when he dies." "Or may the molecules be in your luck. Wait, scienti****ally, luck is merely a matter of imagination used to describe coincidence (noun) which is to say that you and I are simply molecules of matter and that by the third law of Sir Newton.......BLAH BLAH BLAH! THINK YOU"LL BE GETTIN' DIS NAH NAH NAH

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

• 2 weeks later...

FUGLY beyond all doubt !!,as to Graeme using it would he if he wasn't paid? At least the Persimmon clubs had the grain and the warm gloss of the brass not a crass paint job.

• 3 months later...

Just hit the "Classic" 310 (9.5, Stiff) I recently bought and I am really impressed with the looks and the performance! Far better than the HiBore and Launcher Cleveland offerings that felt (and sounded) like beer cans on a stick. The Classic is the real deal! Looks are subjective, but if you grew up with nice, pear-shaped persimmons, this is the big stick you should look at. Plenty on eBay and other sites going for very reasonable prices. It won a place in my bag!

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about the 270 because i want to slow down my swing speed to help the slice that i have. i find that when i overswing i slice very badly. does it make sense with a slower swing speed, to use the 270? Or would i get more distance out of the 290?

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!