IGNORED

How Many Tournaments will Tiger win in 2012?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Tiger wins ___ events this year

• Zero
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5 or More

well i didn't check the stats... but thanks for that... He doesn't hit as many drivers as he used to though... He is statistically a little less accurate... but think now his misses aren't as bad... Tiger will win either the Masters or U.S. Open... frankly because at Augusta... he really doesn't need a draw except on maybe 9, 10, and 13... and frankly Augusta is a second shot golf course... if he leads the field in putting inside of 10 feet he wins... Olympic he can leave the driver in his locker... It might be 7155 yards... and the USGA is flipping par on 1 and 17... but he can hit 3-wood off of 1 all four days and still have a mid-iron into the green... and just because 5 and 6 are 498 and 490 respectively... don't mean he'll need driver... he can employ the Southern Hills strategy and win at Olympic... Lytham he's gonna have trouble with but again... the Hoylake strategy could work at Lytham because there are a lot of doglegs and the two par-5 play downwind... again leaving the driver out of play could work out because he can keep it away from all of the bunkers that way and play well at Lytham... I don't know a lot about Kiawah Island but if I remember from playing Tiger Woods 07... its a tight course...

So with him driving it better... and IF he makes his putts 10 feet and in... and steals a few from distance... he'll win at least one... That is if he puts four rounds together...

this would be hilarious... Tiger wins player of the year and comeback player of the year in the same year...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

well i didn't check the stats... but thanks for that... He doesn't hit as many drivers as he used to though...

It depends on the tournament, the course, the hole. He hit as many as Bubba did at Doral.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It depends on the tournament, the course, the hole. He hit as many as Bubba did at Doral.

He hit a lot of stinger two irons off the tee during 2000 and 2001. IMO Tiger getting the stinger back is the most ominous development for his competition.

I think he's better now with a driver than he ever was.  And he has certainly gotten himself in trouble off the tee at Augusta.  13 and 15 are easy birdies with a good drive, but a poorly shaped drive will cost you a shot to the field.  And IIRC Tiger has bogeyed #1 at Augusta more than any other hole there, usually due to driving it in the trees.

Tiger always relied on irons when he needed to keep the ball in play.  Remember the 2006 Open Championship at Hoylake?

He hit driver only one time the entire week -- the 16th hole of the first round -- and relied on iron play that was so impeccable his caddie kept a sheet of paper of all the shots Woods missed.  There were only three of them.  "I don't think anyone has ever hit long irons that well," Williams said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/britishopen06/news/story?id=2527586

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by brocks

He hit a lot of stinger two irons off the tee during 2000 and 2001. IMO Tiger getting the stinger back is the most ominous development for his competition.

I think the very fact that he has resumed carrying the 2-iron is a statement of how he feels about the quality of his swing.  You cannot hit a 2-iron with a shaky swing.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 4420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!