IGNORED

Hello from SF!

mmckay
Note: This thread is 4608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings from San Francisco! I'm new to the site and am looking to get back into golf in the Bay area. I played sparingly growing up, but I've got some good friends that play pretty frequently out here and I'd like to get up to speed. Any recommendations for good beginner courses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Micah

Originally Posted by mmckay

Greetings from San Francisco! I'm new to the site and am looking to get back into golf in the Bay area. I played sparingly growing up, but I've got some good friends that play pretty frequently out here and I'd like to get up to speed. Any recommendations for good beginner courses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Micah

Great to have you on the site.  I grew up in Millbrae and went to USF.  Great courses to start at would be Lincoln Park and Poplar Creek in San Mateo.

If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm new too. Welcome! Hope you're finding this site to be as useful as I am.

-Taylor

Titleist 909 D2, 9.5

Titleist 906F 3W, 15.5

Warrior 3-Hybrid, 20

Mizuno JPX 800 Pro, 4i-PW

Titleist Vokey Wedges, 52 08, 56 08, 60 10

Zebra Putter

Welcome. I'm also from SF and went to school at USF too. As mvmac says, Lincoln Park is a good place to play for beginners and it's a very good rate. You also might wanna check Golden Gate Park's par-3 course and also Gleneagles is a very good 9-18 hole course.

Originally Posted by mmckay

-Micah

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

My favorite city.  My dad was born there, and I spent a good portion of my preteen years there while my Grandpa was in and out of the VA hospital.

Note: This thread is 4608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!