IGNORED

Rory Entertains Tennis Crowd

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by walk18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3

Don't you see it? It is required that comparisons to Tiger must be drawn, regardless of how irrelevant to golf (and Tiger) Rory McIlroy's actions are.

I think its quite natural to draw comparison between the World's Number One and Former (and possibly re-surging) Number One, is it not? I would have said, " Gee, I wonder how Luke Donald would have reacted in that situation?" but I don't think anyone really cares. Why is everyone so Tiger sensitive? Mention his name and you get a reaction every time...bizarre.

I thought the point of the thread was something like - "Hey look how cool and easy Rory is with the public." Ok, but compared to what or who? I mentioned Tiger because he is the OBVIOUS comparative to look to (at least to me) but apparently this is a faux pas.

I seem to recall when Mike Tyson was at the height of his fame/notoriety people would often ask how (insert favorite heavy weight of the past) would react in similar situations. It wasn't to belittle Tyson or elevate anyone else, just comparing champions. That's all folks, no secret agenda.

I think Rory is great, I think Tiger is great. I didn't know you weren't supposed to talk about them at the same time.

well now you know.

Now I also wonder how Tiger Woods would react if he was attending an exhibition tennis match between his champion tennis player girlfriend and a former number one player then got called down to the court to hit against the former number one player who is better looking than his gf. Wait. Was Rory the first tennis player and Tiger is the former number 1 tennis player in this discussion? Do we mean what if Rory called Caroline out of the gallery during a match to play agains Tiger? Yeah, now I get it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by walk18

well now you know.

Indeed, now I know.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!